LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 206 users in the forums

Niner Players that frustrate us

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
here we go again lol

NinerTalk: Different Thread, Same s**t.

Well if we had ONE thread that all Alex Smith related arguments could be made in, people wouldnt feel the need to keep bringing him up in every thread.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Clements, gets beat consistently, some call him being aggressive, i call it stupid. And that Falcons game? Fumbling the INT
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Alex Smith, I keep hoping I am wrong about him. Just when I have given up he plays a fairly decent game. Then I think, "It's about time, maybe he has finally turned the corner." Then he stinks it up for 3 straight games, rinse, repeat.
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by Faceless:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Alex f**king smith - I hate your stinking guts... you make me vomit.... you made me feel like J.T O'Sullivan, Shaun Hill, and Troy Smith were major upgrades compared to u... your a virus... your pace of the game is worse than snail pace... you roll to the right and throw it to the sidelines... and they are NOT IN THE GAME SO IT WONT COUNT DONT U GET THAT. you throw it short... you throw it high... you seem to miss easy targets... stop checking down... i hate you and ive never met you... thats deep... its just a game but ur bad at it... do us a favor and quit... if your soo smart use that to go get a better job and stop stressing millions of niner fans the f**k out.

Apparently you missed the memo. All that stuff is the coaching staff's fault, and if you can't blame the coaches for some of it, then you have to put the blame completely on the offensive line.

By the way, what niner4life21 says is true. It will be locked, but the only reason it will be locked is because of the Alex portion of your post. Real talk.

Anyway, I tend to agree with most of what you said, Faceless. However, I don't agree with your assessment of Gore. He is ALWAYS the best option. Wanting him to come out isn't the best thing for the team. In the long run, it would benefit him in terms of longevity, but replacing him with anyone else on the roster is a downgrade. I say, if he's not gassed, leave him in there. However, we shouldn't try to force it up the gut all the time when Gore is in there. Everyone knew that was what we would do, so it wasn't hard to stop. A little creativity will keep Gore producing.

I agreed with every little word he said about Alex Smith. I f**king hate the dude too. I just don't want to keep beating the same horse thats been dead for like a thousand years now.

I know it gets stale, but I don't agree with the notion that Alex should be excluded from discussions like this just because it's been covered. The thread is about players that frustrate us, and Alex fits the description for a lot of people.

I do know how this website works, however, and I agree with you about the thread being locked eventually.

I feel the same way... he frustrates me.. why not put him on the list... and we cant blame everything on coaches... coaches didnt teach him to roll to the right and throw it to the sidelines what it seems like everyplay.

actually, they do

No they don't dude. Come on man.

Watch any Chargers game. Rivers does it all the time because Norv like's to get his qb's rolling out to hopefully create something vertical.

Also i remember an interview with Mike Johnson this year where he stressed the roll out and throw to the sideline. He said obviously he'd like more completions along the sideline, but if the play isn't there throw it away.

Clearly Harbaugh see's what Smith can do. He's really doing his best recruiting effort. I mean just today he said they're in "contract talks". Why would ANYONE put themselves out there if they didn't see talent?

Sorry but i'll take my eyes and harbaugh's eyes and experience over your opinion.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Alex f**king smith - I hate your stinking guts... you make me vomit.... you made me feel like J.T O'Sullivan, Shaun Hill, and Troy Smith were major upgrades compared to u... your a virus... your pace of the game is worse than snail pace... you roll to the right and throw it to the sidelines... and they are NOT IN THE GAME SO IT WONT COUNT DONT U GET THAT. you throw it short... you throw it high... you seem to miss easy targets... stop checking down... i hate you and ive never met you... thats deep... its just a game but ur bad at it... do us a favor and quit... if your soo smart use that to go get a better job and stop stressing millions of niner fans the f**k out.

I love this poster. My thoughts, exactly. No bust has ever been given 6 years to prove himself.
Bust Mode
Lock in 5...3......2.....1
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
Lock in 5...3......2.....1

Niggah you can't count!
What other qb in history has been given 7 YEARS to prove himself?
Not a poll. Simply write which players piss you off and why. The players I'm picking might be considered good players by some of you, but ill write why they piss me off.
---Youll notice who I wont start with (cause hes not worthy)

Moran Norris -- for god sakes make a catch, a block consistantly... be aggressive... make a one yard touchdown or first down.

Delanie waker - I like you as a player, but damn take care of the football. You seem to fumble all the time, even if it isnt an official fumble the ball seems to cause the ball to come out or hell even the wind makes the ball come out of his hands, im always nervous when he has the ball.

Chilo Rachal - hes like a total girl on one play than he wants to throw a sick block the next, but he seems to be more of a 80-20 percentage towards the total girl.

Anythony Davis - He got better as the year went on and will be a good player, but damn for a second there i thought kwame harris took his uniform and went out there.

Frank Gore - Come off the field sometimes damn!! sometimes too much frank gore is not the answer... you seem to break big hit tackles but fall easily when they touch your feet.... get quicker... are your knees that f**ked up!?

Josh Morgan - Stop complaining soo damn much. Stop smiling when your on the sidelines your one busted hurt ass dude.

Issac Soap- Do something s**thead.

nate clements - cover anyone.... your great at run support which is why u should be a safety but you cant cover to save your life

Dashon goldsten- man u piss me off... WRAP UP PLS DONT GET BURNT... DONT LET RECEIVERS PASS YOU.... HELP NATE ALL THE TIME

Reggie smith - ur horrible and soft.

Taylor Mays - I like u as a player, why cant u get on the damn field over the bums ahead of u.

Manny Lawson - Get sacks... ur ok at run stopping... but cant get to the quarterback for s**t.

Parys Haralson - you had one good year like 3 years ago... now go away thanks for nothing.

k those are the ones that piss me off. im done now.

you have legitimate complaints for all of those players. I wouldnt add anyone else to that list...most of those players should be backups....except gore. He rarely does anything wrong and is a top 5 rb and a top 3 all around rb if you consider blocking catching and doing the most with the worst o line and playcalling

Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:

Jim Plunkett, George Blanda, Steve Young...
  • tsty
  • Veteran
All Nate Clements needs is to do is redefine his technique and he'll be fine but on the other hand Shawntae Spencer is garbage and bait to all opposing qb's even if he's covering a rookie(see the Carolina game).But we still need to improve our qb pressure to keep our secondary out no matter whose back there.

GO NINERS
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Well to me, frustration would be when a guy is inconsistent. Have one really good game, a decent game then 3-5 bad games rinse and repeat.

All of the guys in this thread that i've read so far (didn't really spend that much time reading it to be honest) aren't good enough to frustrate anyone. Some of them players has been built up by the webzone as being "good". When in fact they wouldn't even be starting in most other places.

So with that said, the player(s) I think have the talent and flashes it from time to time but not consistently are, Ahmad Brooks and to lesser degrees, Josh Morgan and Crabtree. The latter two however, have a little help being inconsistent.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:

Jim Plunkett, George Blanda, Steve Young...

Plunket was only given 5 years in NE before he was gone...

In Blanda's first 7 years he was used much more as a kicker than a QB... In fact he retired in the late 1950's because he was only being used as a kicker back then...

Steve, was traded after 2 years in TB and immediately provided results for us. His first 5 years with SF he had PR of 120.8, 72.2, 120.8, 92.6, 101.8 respectively...
i think Alex Smith pounded this dudes chick... what he doesnt realize is that it was Steve Blake who did it... get mad at him..
Share 49ersWebzone