There are 163 users in the forums

Niner Players that frustrate us

Shop Find 49ers gear online
how can a rookie frustrate you,when they are learning??
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Faceless:
Alex f**king smith - I hate your stinking guts... you make me vomit.... you made me feel like J.T O'Sullivan, Shaun Hill, and Troy Smith were major upgrades compared to u... your a virus... your pace of the game is worse than snail pace... you roll to the right and throw it to the sidelines... and they are NOT IN THE GAME SO IT WONT COUNT DONT U GET THAT. you throw it short... you throw it high... you seem to miss easy targets... stop checking down... i hate you and ive never met you... thats deep... its just a game but ur bad at it... do us a favor and quit... if your soo smart use that to go get a better job and stop stressing millions of niner fans the f**k out.

I love this poster. My thoughts, exactly. No bust has ever been given 6 years to prove himself.

It is great a poster! You are doin good job and be smart. You are dude be man..
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Alex f**king smith - I hate your stinking guts... you make me vomit.... you made me feel like J.T O'Sullivan, Shaun Hill, and Troy Smith were major upgrades compared to u... your a virus... your pace of the game is worse than snail pace... you roll to the right and throw it to the sidelines... and they are NOT IN THE GAME SO IT WONT COUNT DONT U GET THAT. you throw it short... you throw it high... you seem to miss easy targets... stop checking down... i hate you and ive never met you... thats deep... its just a game but ur bad at it... do us a favor and quit... if your soo smart use that to go get a better job and stop stressing millions of niner fans the f**k out.

I love this poster. My thoughts, exactly. No bust has ever been given 6 years to prove himself.

...and the choir sings...
Chilo - idk if it is b/c we passed on some decent players (don't give me any hindsight is 20/20 bs either) for a SECOND project player in the top 45 picks when we needed players immediately or b/c he is garbage.
It's because he is garbage.

Goldson - Ballhawk? Turnover machine? Meh. More like over-rated safety who doesn't know his *ss from his mouth when it comes to wrapping up or giving help to a cb.

Haralson - gtfo you crook. homie looks like he's running in creek mud, no wonder why he never gets to the qb

spencer - if he was a better cb we wouldn't be hoping (as hard) that patrick peterson falls to us

boone - wasn't he supposed to a be a first-day talent OL before he got black-out drunk and wound up in jail? finally got some garbage time in the last game of the year.

this is giving me indigestion, i better stop.
Lawson- i know he had a decent season but i just feel like he never lived up to his potential. After his rookie season i saw something on espn saying people around the league raved about his skills. every year i just think that he could have done a lot better. Not saying he's bad, just frustrating...

However, my next point kind of ties in to that. Greg Manusky is not a player and no longer our D. Coordinator but he would frustrate me even more. we always stopped the run but had holes in the secondary all the time. Felt like we didn't blitz enough and WE ARE A 3/4 DEFENSE. are corners can't cover that long. don't know if players like lawson are the problem or the way they were being used by Manusky.
Alex Smith is a bust. End thread.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

...the insight and knowledge on this board is astounding.
Originally posted by marls1:

Yeah, 'cause people who can identify 6 years of mediocre-bad QB play are not smart...
Quote:
Josh Morgan - Stop complaining soo damn much.

Josh Morgan isnt the only one who needs this advice...

poking holes in half our team is just being a whiner. calling out Frank Gore, our only consistent offensive performer and 2 time pro bowler is ridiculous.
Originally posted by niner4life21:

Yeah, 'cause people who can identify 6 years of mediocre-bad QB play are not smart...

phew good thing he only played for 4 so ur giving him 2 more years? and i wouldnt call 18 td 12 int and 14 td 9 int and 16 td 16 int mediocore
if anything avg but not mediocore anyway the point is in jim sees something in him we should give him a chance
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Feb 26, 2011 at 11:05 PM ]

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

phew good thing he only played for 4 so ur giving him 2 more years? and i wouldnt call 18 td 12 int and 14 td 9 int and 16 td 16 int mediocore
if anything avg but not mediocore anyway the point is in jim sees something in him we should give him a chance

Dude, you go to UCSD, right? You're pretty smart. You should know that mediocre and average are the same thing.

Dude, you go to UCSD, right? You're pretty smart. You should know that mediocre and average are the same thing.

lol true i know smith has vastly underperformed

i just think that he was playing average in spite of having singeltary as our HC under singeltary he had 33 td and 22 int and looking back at singeltary he has NO IDEA how to gameplan we were out-coached in all of our games so looking back having 33 td to a 22 int ration in spite of having a coach who cant gameplan isnt that bad

and i dont are if we resign smith or not i will trust harbaugh and his decision i just want to tell u guys having smith back isnt the worst thing in the world and i acually think he can flourish under an offensive HC

lol true i know smith has vastly underperformed

i just think that he was playing average in spite of having singeltary as our HC under singeltary he had 33 td and 22 int and looking back at singeltary he has NO IDEA how to gameplan we were out-coached in all of our games so looking back having 33 td to a 22 int ration in spite of having a coach who cant gameplan isnt that bad

and i dont are if we resign smith or not i will trust harbaugh and his decision i just want to tell u guys having smith back isnt the worst thing in the world and i acually think he can flourish under an offensive HC

That's not the point. If the CBA doesn't get solved, I'll welcome him back with open arms. If he is on this team next year, I will root for him to succeed, period.

But he is NOT in any sense of the word a GOOD QB. Not in any way. You guys can show me any stats of his under M.Johnson and the 90 rating and all that, but sorry, I've seen enough of this player since he was drafted to know he just doesn't have IT. Why do we keep hanging our hopes on a player 'who played mediocre despite of.....' or 'considering the circumstances.....he played average'

Why? There should never be an excuse for mediocrity. I understand that Smith didn't have the best situation in SF, but he didn't do anything to help the situation. He was in no way shape or form the ENTIRE problem in SF, but he was part of it. He didn't ever present himself as a solution. Why is it always the argument that the 49ers were a bad team. Or that we had a bad coaching staff. Why is it that everyone else is what is holding him back? Why is he never acknowledged as part of the problem? It's always the 'look at his supporting cast'. Well, I'm sure that it's quite possible the reason our receivers were underperforming was because they didn't have a good enough QB, right? Ever contemplate that?
What Harbaugh sees in Alex Smith is probably just enough "good" to compete in a QB competition, but not nearly enough to be unequivocally anointed the starting QB. Guess we'll see what transpires with the lockout. Alex has certainly never done enough in his career to be simply handed the reins as he was last season. That was patently absurd.
  • hb123
  • Veteran
in my little over a decade time being a fan, alex smith for sure!!
Share 49ersWebzone