LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 371 users in the forums

Need your guys opinion (on Frank Gore vid)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hey guys...

So I'm working on a Frank Gore highlight vid and all the stuff from this year looks great. I had an idea tho and wanted to incorporate some older stuff at the beginning.

The problem with that is the quality of the available video for prior seasons. I ran into a similar problem on the "Jim Harbaugh Era Begins" Video, but it actually made it look better when I ran it through a film grain filter and made it black and white.

Anyway, there are a few different filters I can run the video through and one of them looks really cool, but I dunno if it would be popular. I can run it through "film grain and it looks a bit better, or I can use something called "watercolor". It kinda makes everything look like a moving watercolor painting.

I'm leaning toward NOT using the "watercolor" filter.

Just looking for opinions.
I would use the film grain filter it looked pretty good in your previous videos. Keep up the excellent work!
Originally posted by 661Ninerfan:
I would use the film grain filter it looked pretty good in your previous videos. Keep up the excellent work!

Thats what I'm leaning toward. I'm an HD fanatic, so sometimes the quality of video makes me cringe...lol.
  • JRILL
  • Veteran
film grain!!! can't wait for your vid bro!!!
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Thats what I'm leaning toward. I'm an HD fanatic, so sometimes the quality of video makes me cringe...lol.

Lol. I know what you mean. I did a video for a friend and it didn't look so good on an HDTV. You have some great quality clips. How did you record them?

Lol. I know what you mean. I did a video for a friend and it didn't look so good on an HDTV. You have some great quality clips. How did you record them?

I have a box I got at Fry's Electronics that connects between the HD DVR and TV via Component Cable. The box then has a USB port that exports the Vid to a computer in full HD.

I then have to convert the video in its captured format into WMV in order to edit it. It takes about 5 minutes to convert about 60 seconds of HD video.

Its a long process.

I have a box I got at Fry's Electronics that connects between the HD DVR and TV via Component Cable. The box then has a USB port that exports the Vid to a computer in full HD.

I then have to convert the video in its captured format into WMV in order to edit it. It takes about 5 minutes to convert about 60 seconds of HD video.

Its a long process.

Wow. Yes that sounds like a long process. Well we appreciate all the hard work you put into these videos. Looking forward to seeing that Frank Gore vid.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Film grain, please.

Now hurry! I must see this video!

hey marv thanks for sharing all you videos, they are all great!!! if I were you, I would stay away of the watercolor...

just my 2 cents!!!

lets go niners!!!
Put some nice transitions that go with the music (on beat) and if you have some serious music please don't put a clip of him dancing (like the patrick willis vid).

Originally posted by Wodwo:
Film grain, please.

Now hurry! I must see this video!

LOL!! No Pressure.

In all seriousness, Its awesome that everyone has responded so positively to the vids, but now its alot of pressure to live up to it...LOL!!

Whenever I do these vids all I see is what I wish I could have done better or where I'm not real happy about the way it came together.

A famous director once said "Movies are never finished. They are simply abandoned".

[ Edited by Marvin49 on Feb 1, 2011 at 15:29:30 ]
You have nice quality footage, you just need more umph and pazazz when you edit them.
Originally posted by baybreaker707:
You have nice quality footage, you just need more umph and pazazz when you edit them.

LOL!! There is always one.

[ Edited by Marvin49 on Feb 1, 2011 at 16:30:52 ]
I think all video making should be on hold until we actually clinch a playoff birth.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I think all video making should be on hold until we actually clinch a playoff birth.

LOL!!

Could be a long time. ;-)
Share 49ersWebzone