LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Need your guys opinion (on Frank Gore vid)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by baybreaker707:

Yup

Would you like me to critique your reading comprehension?

"Opinions" refers to your thoughts on how the decision will impact the video.

Please leave now.

Lmao, he left it wide open when he put an s on the last word of his post.
I love the old film at the beginning and vote for the film grain filter.

Love your videos...keep it up!
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Yup

Please leave now.

There will be multiple "opinions" when there are multiple responses.

Context. Look it up.

Yup

Please leave now.

Context. Look it up.

You know what, I was just trying to give him my opinion. It may have been more than he asked for, but why don't you let the dude talk for himself. IMO he needs more umph in his vids, so I took the liberty to add it.

Yup

Please leave now.

Context. Look it up.

You know what, I was just trying to give him my opinion. It may have been more than he asked for, but why don't you let the dude talk for himself. IMO he needs more umph in his vids, so I took the liberty to add it.

LOL!! I didn't know I'd started a controversy. ;-)

OK,

1) I was intitially just asking about opinions from multiple people about the preference between "film grain" and "watercolor". I wasn't asking for an opinion on my vids in general. I don't ask that because its really a pointless endeavor. Some will love it, some will hate it. All you can do is make a vid you yourself likes.

2) Having said that, I'm not opposed to creative criticism. I don't think you said anything disrespectful. In Wodwo's case, I think he really likes one of my vids in particular and thinks your being overly critical. No biggy. ;-) Thanks for having my back there tho Wodwo. ;-)

3) I see what your saying with your vid, but let me be critical right back. ;-) One of my pet peeves is people who ALTER the original footage (through filters, effects, etc). Its the reason I was leaning away from "watercolor" even tho I think it looks pretty damn cool. The only reason I was even looking at it as a possibility was that the quality of the original material was poor in some places and the filters can improve the "look" of poor quality video.

While all of the interesting transitions, quick repeats, and switches in color palettes are artistic and cool looking, its simply not my taste. I like to use as much of the original film as possible.

What you are refering to as "umph", I refer to as unnecesary alterations to the original footage and I find it distracting. Its well done and I respect the work you did, its just not what I like to do and will never be what my vids look like.

Its not a statement on whats better (and I'm sure there are ALOT of peeps out there that would prefer your style), its just a matter of personal taste.

As another person who I don't know once said, "There are no wrong choices, simply more choices".
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Yup

Please leave now.

Context. Look it up.

OK,

1) I was intitially just asking about opinions from multiple people about the preference between "film grain" and "watercolor". I wasn't asking for an opinion on my vids in general. I don't ask that because its really a pointless endeavor. Some will love it, some will hate it. All you can do is make a vid you yourself likes.

2) Having said that, I'm not opposed to creative criticism. I don't think you said anything disrespectful. In Wodwo's case, I think he really likes one of my vids in particular and thinks your being overly critical. No biggy. ;-) Thanks for having my back there tho Wodwo. ;-)

3) I see what your saying with your vid, but let me be critical right back. ;-) One of my pet peeves is people who ALTER the original footage (through filters, effects, etc). Its the reason I was leaning away from "watercolor" even tho I think it looks pretty damn cool. The only reason I was even looking at it as a possibility was that the quality of the original material was poor in some places and the filters can improve the "look" of poor quality video.

While all of the interesting transitions, quick repeats, and switches in color palettes are artistic and cool looking, its simply not my taste. I like to use as much of the original film as possible.

What you are refering to as "umph", I refer to as unnecesary alterations to the original footage and I find it distracting. Its well done and I respect the work you did, its just not what I like to do and will never be what my vids look like.

Its not a statement on whats better (and I'm sure there are ALOT of peeps out there that would prefer your style), its just a matter of personal taste.

As another person who I don't know once said, "There are no wrong choices, simply more choices".

Aye I was actually being nice when I was giving you my opinion. You could do so much more, but like you said it's your choice. That Willis vid you did had a lot of unnecessary footage in between scenes. Which left it dry IMO.

I added that filter because it made the footage a little clearer. If I had the raw HD footage I wouldn't have.

You using the original film as much as possible is cool but to me it's not doing very much as far as editing goes. It's more like you're dropping a scene here then another scene after, repeat these steps, add music and call it a wrap. Again that's your personal taste.

I understand you were asking for an opinion on what filter you should use in moviemaker but I thought I would try to challenge you and suggest a few things that to me would make your videos a little different. Like I said if you stick to what you like to do, you will never grow/learn.

Yup

Please leave now.

Context. Look it up.

OK,

Aye I was actually being nice when I was giving you my opinion. You could do so much more, but like you said it's your choice. That Willis vid you did had a lot of unnecessary footage in between scenes. Which left it dry IMO.

I added that filter because it made the footage a little clearer. If I had the raw HD footage I wouldn't have.

You using the original film as much as possible is cool but to me it's not doing very much as far as editing goes. It's more like you're dropping a scene here then another scene after, repeat these steps, add music and call it a wrap. Again that's your personal taste.

I understand you were asking for an opinion on what filter you should use in moviemaker but I thought I would try to challenge you and suggest a few things that to me would make your videos a little different. Like I said if you stick to what you like to do, you will never grow/learn.

LOL!! Ouch. Nice. ;-)

No worries. ;-)

I haven't been doing this long and I do a bit more in every vid than I did in the previous one. I get the "you're challenging me" thing and thats why I haven't been negative in my responses.

Its alot more tho than drop a scene, add music, its a wrap. LOL!!! You should see how much the MUSIC is edited to make it all fit and have the right parts fit. The speech in the Willis vid is a great example...those are only two lines of a MUCH longer speech. I also am not a fan of the "quick hit, 3 highlights in 3 seconds" stuff. I like to see the entire play.

Again, as I've said before....you clearly aren't a fan of my vids. Thats all good. You can't please all the peeps all the time. No biggy.

You have your style, I have mine. Feel free to watch or don't watch. Makes no diff to me. ;-)

[ Edited by Marvin49 on Feb 2, 2011 at 09:55:35 ]

Yup

Please leave now.

Context. Look it up.

OK,

LOL!! Ouch. Nice. ;-)

No worries. ;-)

I haven't been doing this long and I do a bit more in every vid than I did in the previous one. I get the "you're challenging me" thing and thats why I haven't been negative in my responses.

Its alot more tho than drop a scene, add music, its a wrap. LOL!!! You should see how much the MUSIC is edited to make it all fit and have the right parts fit. The speech in the Willis vid is a great example...those are only two lines of a MUCH longer speech. I also am not a fan of the "quick hit, 3 highlights in 3 seconds" stuff. I like to see the entire play.

Again, as I've said before....you clearly aren't a fan of my vids. Thats all good. You can't please all the peeps all the time. No biggy.

You have your style, I have mine. Feel free to watch or don't watch. Makes no diff to me. ;-)

Hey man I love watching other peoples work especially if it's niner related and since I like editing stuff too I thought I would chime in on this thread.

I feel you on that Music part that you edited. I had to do the strobe light effects manually, so I chopped it up to the beat and added the glow effect to every other slice (free tip).

I just started myself, when I got my iMac last year. This stuff is fun.
Share 49ersWebzone