LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

OC

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Guess coach is gonna be the OC too.

www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81da1813/article/fangio-expected-to-follow-harbaugh-to-san-francisco
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

mini Jim is pumped

Team sources expect Stanford defensive coordinator Vic Fangio to take the same position on Jim Harbaugh's San Francisco staff this week. Fangio has talked to other NFL teams about their openings but is very close with Harbaugh, and 49ers sources believe the job is essentially his.

On the offensive side of the ball, Harbaugh will be running the offense and will be the de facto offensive coordinator. The team will have a running game coordinator and a passing game coordinator but this will be Harbaugh's offense, according to the sources. Several coaches from the 49ers existing staff are expected to remain with the team, including offensive line coach Mike Solari, running backs coach Tom Rathman and defensive line coach Jim Tomsula.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
I can dig that
Originally posted by valrod33:
Team sources expect Stanford defensive coordinator Vic Fangio to take the same position on Jim Harbaugh's San Francisco staff this week. Fangio has talked to other NFL teams about their openings but is very close with Harbaugh, and 49ers sources believe the job is essentially his.

On the offensive side of the ball, Harbaugh will be running the offense and will be the de facto offensive coordinator. The team will have a running game coordinator and a passing game coordinator but this will be Harbaugh's offense, according to the sources. Several coaches from the 49ers existing staff are expected to remain with the team, including offensive line coach Mike Solari, running backs coach Tom Rathman and defensive line coach Jim Tomsula.

what team does this succesfully

great stuff, I wanted to keep Solari too, I think he has alot to offer to such a young staff.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

The Saints and Packers
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

great stuff, I wanted to keep Solari too, I think he has alot to offer to such a young staff.

What about Ray Brown? Is he being retained?

The Saints and Packers

And the Patriots.

Per LaCanf****t.
I think Kubiak with the Texans calls his own plays. Also Andy Reid has a lot of input into the Eagles play calling.
No problem with Harbaugh being the de facto OC. I don't think there was any doubt Fangio would be DC. Just doing his due diligence and making sure it was the right fit.
Greg Roman interviewed for the OC position also. Isn't he a candidate to take over Harbaugh at Stanford?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/01/12/SPC11H7GJB.DTL
Originally posted by ghostrider:

The Saints and Packers

And the Patriots.

I'm think Mike Shanahan might call his own plays, but he has his son as his OC, so I am unsure. Also, they weren't very successful this year.
Share 49ersWebzone