There are 271 users in the forums

Peter King's comments on MMQB re Harbaugh

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by MILFS:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
This is what I've been talking about for a long time, the 49ers have the most infinite WCO data vault/intellectual property than that of any other NFL/NCAA team.

Since Holmgren created the offensive quality control position (with Gruden) back in the early 90s; there's now up to 200+ hours of audio/video/digital/paper data stored/filed by Walsh, Gruden, Holmgren, Shanahan, Marty Morneweg, and Mooch; sitting behind a locked gate in a storage room somewhere at the training facility.

It's no joke, this is why I've been stoked about Harbaugh.

OMG IM SO EXCITED

So, none of you think Shanahan, Reid, Holmgren...saw these and made personal copies?

Everybody's added their own wrinkle to the WCO over time. -No WCO is the same, and that's what makes it so special (and hard to predict/plan around).

Harbaugh gave the total Bill Walsh 'answer' during his first interviews with the media last Friday. -The WCO is almost more than x's and o's, it's almost a way of life; an astute form of preparation philosophy which utilizes/places certain types of skill-players into positions to succeed (based upon special training regiments and technique-emphasis).
This is what I've been talking about for a long time, the 49ers have the most infinite WCO data vault/intellectual property than that of any other NFL/NCAA team.

Since Holmgren created the offensive quality control position (with Gruden) back in the early 90s; there's now up to 200+ hours of audio/video/digital/paper data stored/filed by Walsh, Gruden, Holmgren, Shanahan, Marty Morneweg, and Mooch; sitting behind a locked gate in a storage room somewhere at the training facility.

OMG IM SO EXCITED

So, none of you think Shanahan, Reid, Holmgren...saw these and made personal copies?[dunno]

That's besides the point Joe.

- The fact that we are returning to our roots.

- The fact we FINALLY have a head coach who can scheme, plan and adjust.

- The fact we have a coach who KNOWS what to do with our Offensive talent, which by the way if far greater than what our opponents in the NFC West have.

- The fact that we have a coach with the balls to be aggressive and run up the score is enough for most of us to jump for joy. Yeah, I'm excited as hell. I've been a fan since 1982 and I'm here to tell you that I haven't been this pumped in the last 8-10 years.

These facts alone put us ahead of the clowns in our division. Look how close we came with an inept Sing, who didn't know his azz from a hole in the ground.

Go Niners.
So glad we are rid of Sing, our senile babushka with the potato sack undies and flashing fetish. We went from outhouse to penthouse with the coaching. Now we need to flush the idiot virus from the team. I hope we can really compete. I am not sure if we can fill all of our needs in this draft but I think we have enough talent to do a lot without the big stars at qb and corner. I think we have to decide to make a big push for the right qb or buildup the team for the future for when we do get the qb. We could use some pass rushers and dbs though we kept 2 rookie corners that must have some ability. With another year, they might be pretty good. I also would love to get a big NT as well as some OL and runningback. I think having a good OL and DL will have a great bearing in how we do in the next few years. It is too easy to really drop off with a few key injuries there. A bad OL and soon you have bunged up QB and RB.
We have the start of a great OL and it makes sense to keep the group stocked up with quality players. A good DL keeps our linebackers healthy too. If I could I would clone Justin Smith or raid his sperm bank. I actually feel we could use a couple of OL but a free agent for one as I would rather use a draft pick for say, a runningback.
Originally posted by zozell:
Dust'em off Harbaugh!!! Dust them off!
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Jed York is only 29???? LUCKY MOTHERf**kER!

Ehh hes going bald.
Originally posted by valrod33:
The 49ers are going to be a fun team to watch.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/01/09/wild-card/index.html#ixzz1AeoPo7S5

The fact that those videos have any dust on em at all makes me want to do this to Erickson, Nolan, and Singletary:

Amen brother
Originally posted by NorthNiner:
Walsh made a QB training video with Montana towards the end of his time in SF. I remember Bill talking about Montana's perfect mechanics at dropping back, motions etc. I'll bet there's a copy of it in Santa Clara.

I remember seeing that and thinking how detailed Walsh was and that Montana should not go into acting.

OMG IM SO EXCITED

So, none of you think Shanahan, Reid, Holmgren...saw these and made personal copies?

Sue them for copyright infringement!
Originally posted by GSeef49er:

Ehh hes going bald.

he has money for pubic hair implants
Originally posted by Rizo:
Originally posted by rawdel:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by rawdel:

Nnamdi Asomugha is also 29. I wish we could swap 29 year olds with the Raiders

Come on now. Our 29 year old just landed us the hottest HC on the market. With Asomugha being a FA, maybe we can have both 29 year olds.

I know, just kidding. I'm very pleased with Jed. But I really do hope we go after Nnamdi though

I hope we can get him! All the Raiders fans in So Cal wear his Jersey everywhere!!!

Well after the redskins cut the 100 million dollar man, look for them to make a play on him.

Yeah, it's interesting to see so many analysts really interested in the Niners now that Harbaugh is the head coach and Baalke the GM. Can't blame them, really, for their lukewarm coverage in past seasons...now, there's a reason for enthusiasm and yes, more coverage.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Yeah, it's interesting to see so many analysts really interested in the Niners now that Harbaugh is the head coach and Baalke the GM. Can't blame them, really, for their lukewarm coverage in past seasons...now, there's a reason for enthusiasm and yes, more coverage.

Yeah it's been a wild ride thus far, I think it's because the sports world has been waiting/wanting to see the 49ers do what they do best, creative/innovative football (and as funny as it sounds, Michael Irvin -amongst all people- voiced that sentiment, and he's right).

It's time to start winning the 49ers 'way', again. Not the gimmicky way (Erickson), not the digit system way (Turner/Raye/Johnson), not the f**king 'Rams' way (Martz)... and most importantly... not the motherf**king Chicago Bears way.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Jan 11, 2011 at 1:03 PM ]
1st time ive heard FAT A$$ say something positive about the niners

BOUT TIME!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXwPtDUJICQ

Look at 17 seconds, it's blurry but watch Hill show you how not to back pedal. I always noticed this about Hill. He does keep his eyes down field but look at how slow his back pedal is because he doesn't do it like Montana in the video.
Share 49ersWebzone