There are 213 users in the forums

Do you feel there is a light at the end of the tunnel?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you feel there is a light at the end of the tunnel?

Everything hinges on Harbaugh
Mark me down with Kriz and DJ. Obepawned, never, ever say things just can't be any worse than they were, because that is exactly when they jump up and bite you in the azz. These next few days to 2 weeks are so critical that it isn't funny...wrong move at GM or HC, and we are going to be right back in BigMIke country, which most of us originally thot couldn't be worse than lilmikeynoln, and you know what....we were wrong, me in particular. I learned long ago in medicine never to say things can't get any worse when dealing with a guy who is going down the tubes. Invariably, things did get worse, usually way out of proportion to what one could imagine.

I just hope and pray that jed gets some help from a consultant(reported in Ft Worth sportstalk radio), and the name parcells was mentioned. That is only way i think we have a prayer, and that would be a HOFO, or as was reported, parcells coming in/on as a consultant to help get this most important part of the season handled. Leaving choices up to jed...well, he did pick the BM as his last HC...with no rational basis for doing so, (when one looks at his resume with no HC, OC, DC, experience, nor had he ever coached a player's position other than LB.) That to me is the epitome of what a young inexperienced , born with a golden spoon in his mouth owner would do...and he did. We cannot stand another body blow like that. Jed and whoever is hired to help him make decisions has to get this right. On his own he is a lock to get it wrong...or so i fear.
  • Veteran
With Yorks there is only darkness.
It depends entirely on who becomes the next coach, and which QB he either drafts or signs. If they blow it, ask me in another 10 years.
That light has been flickering for years yet has never gotten any closer. So maybe it's not the light but the process of moving toward the light.
I see the light at the end of the tunnel! Its getting smaller and smaller every day. Hey wait a minute...I think its getting further and further away!
With the Yorks owning the team the light at end of the tunnel is an 8-8 season at best.
Not yet................
While I want to look at a possible Harbaugh hiring as a good thing, I can't because I know the Yorks are still running things. The only way there is any light at the end of the tunnel is if its the light of sunny Los Angeles with the Yorks moving the team there and SF getting a Cleveland Brown/Baltimore Ravens type NFL arrangement. Other than that, I'm keeping my flashlight close by.

[ Edited by 602_JamestownAve on Jan 1, 2011 at 21:23:40 ]
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
I see light at the end of the tunnel. Where we are right now is many times better than where we were a month ago. I never lost the excitement and hope after Sing being fired and no matter who we get as GM and HC, we will be far better off than where we were. That seems to be lost on far too many people here.

• dj43
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
It depends entirely on who becomes the next coach, and which QB he either drafts or signs. If they blow it, ask me in another 10 years.

Those are important but there is a higher level that needs to be corrected and that is the GM-level who is calling the critical shots. Somebody with authority and experience needs to sit in that chair.

Frankly, if we don't get Harbaugh or (fill in the blank) it may well be because they don't trust the organizational structure. For that part of it, Jed is right on. He must have a GM that the new coach can rely on to make the correct decision that eventually work their way down to the roster.
For those of you saying yes. Help me understand. If reports are true that Trent Baakle is to be promoted to GM? This guy has been here for 5 YEARS!!! He has NO experience being GM!!! Stop with the he can Evaluate Talent, if you look at the Bengals they have talent, so do the cowboys, so does Houston. The reality is that these teams are not managed well. The niner suffer from Mis-management, and ignorance.

If as Jed says he was given a 9 month trail as GM that should be proof enough that he could not manage the job. I am telling you light only comes with change in management, I do not care who the coach is.

Happy 2011
The moment Alex Smith is no longer a 49er, we will automatically become a better football team and organization. That moment will be after tomorrow's game.
  • dj43
Originally posted by bigmike55:
The moment Alex Smith is no longer a 49er, we will automatically become a better football team and organization. That moment will be after tomorrow's game.
When Alex leaves, and he will, this team will be even worse off for a QB. They will have to invest not only a draft choice on a rookie, but an additional choice to trade for a vet who will have a limited shelf life. The organization will still be junk and will not have a starting QB.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Mark me down with Kriz and DJ. Obepawned, never, ever say things just can't be any worse than they were, because that is exactly when they jump up and bite you in the azz. These next few days to 2 weeks are so critical that it isn't funny...wrong move at GM or HC, and we are going to be right back in BigMIke country, which most of us originally thot couldn't be worse than lilmikeynoln, and you know what....we were wrong, me in particular. I learned long ago in medicine never to say things can't get any worse when dealing with a guy who is going down the tubes. Invariably, things did get worse, usually way out of proportion to what one could imagine.

I just hope and pray that jed gets some help from a consultant(reported in Ft Worth sportstalk radio), and the name parcells was mentioned. That is only way i think we have a prayer, and that would be a HOFO, or as was reported, parcells coming in/on as a consultant to help get this most important part of the season handled. Leaving choices up to jed...well, he did pick the BM as his last HC...with no rational basis for doing so, (when one looks at his resume with no HC, OC, DC, experience, nor had he ever coached a player's position other than LB.) That to me is the epitome of what a young inexperienced , born with a golden spoon in his mouth owner would do...and he did. We cannot stand another body blow like that. Jed and whoever is hired to help him make decisions has to get this right. On his own he is a lock to get it wrong...or so i fear.

It always comes back to "Jed needs help", "I hope Jed talks to Eddie", the light at the end of tunnel is JED finally making some smart decisions and taking charge.
Share 49ersWebzone