There are 254 users in the forums

Singletary knows his x's and o's?!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Those X's ad O's were photoshopped.
Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by SVcabron1980:
Buddy Ryan drew up the Xs and Os. Sing just executed them. Big difference IMHO.

This.

There is a HUGE difference between understanding/executing a game plan and being able to draw one up yourself.

Exactly. Sing probley understands the purpose of a play and how it will affect the opponet but that dosen't mean he can design a play or gameplan himself. Which is why we should have hired the best OC and DC money can buy since Jed was so gung ho about giving Sing the job.
Yeah, he knows his hugs and kisses.
Maybe he knows how to play tic-tac-toe
sing doesn't know jack....FIRE HIM!!!!! stupid article
[ Edited by JizzmasterZero on Dec 16, 2010 at 8:41 PM ]
who cares really?
Originally posted by Joecool:
So did Jeff Hostler, but it didn't mean he knew how to devise an effective gameplan per opponent and/or break apart the opponent's strengths.

This. I'm sure Mike Singletary has no problem analyzing what is going on in the game. The problem is, there isn't any vision and creativity on offense. Defense, I think the playcalling is okay. It's just that our lack of a pass-rush and weak secondary can only be taken so far by gameplanning.

I think though, despite that, the close games we've lost this seasons should've been won had we been more disciplined. In all our close games, there were maybe 2-3 key plays that could've been avoided if we played smarter football. Case in point--in the Atlanta game, Nate Clements puts that game on ice if he tries to slide or has better ball security. I see a young team like us failing like that. A veteran team like the Patriots would not have lost that one.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by SVcabron1980:
Buddy Ryan drew up the Xs and Os. Sing just executed them. Big difference IMHO.

This.

There is a HUGE difference between understanding/executing a game plan and being able to draw one up yourself.

Exactly. Sing probley understands the purpose of a play and how it will affect the opponet but that dosen't mean he can design a play or gameplan himself. Which is why we should have hired the best OC and DC money can buy since Jed was so gung ho about giving Sing the job.

>Is the knowledge effectively being translated to player improvement and game management,

If this, Singletary had a unique ability to absorb Xs and Os and the subtleties of the game, is true then Sing likely could understand and execute it easily.
Maybe he only thinks many players can do the same and dont have answer when they dont.
Share 49ersWebzone