LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 167 users in the forums

Confirmed - Alex Smith to start against Seahawks on Sunday

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
WOOOHOOOO I LOVE THE DRAMA!

GO FOR THE GOLD ALEX! GO!
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Alex makes contra players jealous. Watch him play just well enough to cause a controversy to bring him back.

Don't even joke about that!
Originally posted by DownInTheCity:
Originally posted by the_educator:
Alex gives us the BEST shot at winning!!! But people are gonna get mad at this move because they think when Alex tears it up against sorry teams and possibly makes the playoffs the team will retain singletary and resign Alex.... ALEX WILL NEVER PLAY FOR THE NINERS AFTER THIS SEASON REGARDLESS!!! Every decision with who starts has made sense, even though most of us don't wanna see the Niners make the playoffs cuz theyll probably get killed, or start a lot of controversy with a 7-9 team in the playoffs, players like Takeo and Justin Smith DESERVE to make it and singletary should do all he can to get them in it, eventhough he's done like Alex after this season.

Don't be too sure. Jed's gonna get so confused. If Alex does well, we may see them both back next year. Remember what happened with Nolan? He talked them into an extra year.

True but Nolan had more positives than singletary, he was actually a good defensive minded coach who, in my opinion, drafted well when it was up to him. Scott Mcloughan did that awful draft under Nolan when Nolan lost his GM responsibilities and that kinda sunk him. as well as throwing players under the bus after games. Baalke does our drafting and righ now singletary has nothing going his way, so he WILL be fired! (I actually don't hate him, but he cant coach so he needs to leave)
Does it really matter?

He'll be dead by the start of the 3rd quarter with a ripped torso from our garbage oline.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Alex makes contra players jealous. Watch him play just well enough to cause a controversy to bring him back.

Count on it!
He'll Yeah!!!!

Alex will get us to the playoffs!
He's been beaten, bruised and battered.

His own people have turned against him.

He's back for round 2

and this time....

It's him versus the world!

Those are tough odds for the world!
Watching the 49ers play is like watching a soap opera.

There is lots of drama, controversy, and betrayal.

But, in the end, it just plain sucks.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81cb413b/article/49ers-will-start-qb-alex-smith-vs-seahawks?module=HP_headlines

I think the biggest reason was because Troy just doesn't know enough of the playbook and that is why the adjustments at halftime have been horrible.

I still don't see the point in playing a QB, who is not going to be back next year. I say give Alex this last game and if he stinks it up and we lose then give Nate Davis a shot.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
He's been beaten, bruised and battered.

His own people have turned against him.

He's back for round 2

and this time....

It's him versus the world!

Those are tough odds for the world!

Thats Awesome
Originally posted by bigmike55:

championship.
Share 49ersWebzone