49ers survive comeback from feisty Cardinals, move to 3-0 with 36-30 win →

There are 817 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 11)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
as I'm sure you all know, nothing is what it should be this season in the NFL. Every week there are surprises. I wouldn't put money on the 9ers beating the Bucs, but nothing will surprise me this season.
Average Passing Ranking of teams Bucs have lost to: 13

Average passing ranking of teams Bucs have beaten: 25.8, 29.5*


*CIN, ranked 8, outlier (game CIN lost more than Bucs won)

SF passing game is ranked 16.

Now combine that with our running game and I feel really good about this game. The only way we lose is with dumb turnovers or penalties.
The Bucs arent as good as their record. Niners are better than their record.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Average Passing Ranking of teams Bucs have lost to: 13

Average passing ranking of teams Bucs have beaten: 25.8, 29.5*


*CIN, ranked 8, outlier (game CIN lost more than Bucs won)

SF passing game is ranked 16.

Now combine that with our running game and I feel really good about this game. The only way we lose is with dumb turnovers or penalties.

If we don't beat ourselves we will win.

LB
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,858
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
We have the better overall team.

Our achilles heel is making mistake (shooting ourselves in the foot type of mistakes)

If we can limt penalties, turnovers and convert better on 3rd down. There is no doubt we should get a win.

but if we do keep making these mistakes it's going to get ugly.

It pretty much boils down to that. It's on our turf...the teams match up fairly well with the niner's having a bit more talent overall. The niner's are either going to beat themselves or not. Not much to it.

If it was on their turf, I would give the edge to them and be of the mind that the niner's would have to not beat themselves and have some things break their way to boot.

Our deal is pretty straightforward as discussed above: Make it or break it...pretty damn simple. I am more concerned with the bucs not laying an egg against the Seachickens. They better not embarrass themselves against the Seachickens. I will be one pissed off dude if they don't take that game.

[ Edited by Blitz on Nov 17, 2010 at 10:49:22 ]
The Bucs havent beaten anybody yet. Niners win big....We are historically good against Tampa. 11-1 at home.
Wow! The trolls are coming out in full force. I didn't even know Tampa Bay fans existed until this season...
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Wow! The trolls are coming out in full force. I didn't even know Tampa Bay fans existed until this season...

they didn't. They were Dolphin fans last season.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Wow! The trolls are coming out in full force. I didn't even know Tampa Bay fans existed until this season...

they didn't. They were Dolphin fans last season.

It's ok we now have taken over there boards. Syber visually assaulted half of them, and now there are more of us on their site than there are of them.
I can't believe we're more than halfway through the season, and we're still searching for the "mistake-free" 49er game.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Wow! The trolls are coming out in full force. I didn't even know Tampa Bay fans existed until this season...

they didn't. They were Dolphin fans last season.

one minute they're from this side of the state:


the next over to the other side:
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Wow! The trolls are coming out in full force. I didn't even know Tampa Bay fans existed until this season...

they didn't. They were Dolphin fans last season.

It's ok we now have taken over there boards. Syber visually assaulted half of them, and now there are more of us on their site than there are of them.

link? lol
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Wow! The trolls are coming out in full force. I didn't even know Tampa Bay fans existed until this season...

they didn't. They were Dolphin fans last season.

It's ok we now have taken over there boards. Syber visually assaulted half of them, and now there are more of us on their site than there are of them.

link? lol

already bant and removed lol.
i can't wait for this game
Originally posted by Blitz:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
We have the better overall team.

Our achilles heel is making mistake (shooting ourselves in the foot type of mistakes)

If we can limt penalties, turnovers and convert better on 3rd down. There is no doubt we should get a win.

but if we do keep making these mistakes it's going to get ugly.

It pretty much boils down to that. It's on our turf...the teams match up fairly well with the niner's having a bit more talent overall. The niner's are either going to beat themselves or not. Not much to it.

If it was on their turf, I would give the edge to them and be of the mind that the niner's would have to not beat themselves and have some things break their way to boot.

Our deal is pretty straightforward as discussed above: Make it or break it...pretty damn simple. I am more concerned with the bucs not laying an egg against the Seachickens. They better not embarrass themselves against the Seachickens. I will be one pissed off dude if they don't take that game.

Hawks have a terrible and predictable passing offense. Bucs defense hasn't had any trouble with these types of teams.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone