LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 333 users in the forums

The Remainder of the 2010 Season is Pointless

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I wrote this thread exactly one month ago, when the team was 2-6. Since then, we have split the past four games to go to 4-8. I still feel that there is little to nothing to learn the remaining four games in 2010, especially with the expected changes in coaching for 2011.
* Is Troy Smith the answer at QB? No.
* Are the Niners upcoming free agents worth keeping? I'm not sure any of them are worth the financial investment, and I'm not sure the final games will answer that question.
* Are the rookies progressing? Outside of Iupati (and maybe Davis in the last couple of games), it seems like the rooks are regressing from their status earlier in the year (Mays, Bowman, Williams, Dixon).

I guess the good news is that within one month we will have a new head coach.

I hope we have a list already lined up. I'm going to have blood pressure issues if we don't fix this team for next season. Heck, I may already.

I hope we do take a long look at Harbaugh. No homerism here, just acknowledgement that Jim has done a good job and has a nice staff there at Stanford.

We need a cerebral HC. Singletary looks like a straight-up dummy every week. The chess match is a loss for him every time he has to play it.

Chess match? Singletary thinks he's playing connect-4
Originally posted by GEEK:
I wrote this thread exactly one month ago, when the team was 2-6. Since then, we have split the past four games to go to 4-8. I still feel that there is little to nothing to learn the remaining four games in 2010, especially with the expected changes in coaching for 2011.
* Are the Niners upcoming free agents worth keeping? I'm not sure any of them are worth the financial investment, and I'm not sure the final games will answer that question.
* Are the rookies progressing? Outside of Iupati (and maybe Davis in the last couple of games), it seems like the rooks are regressing from their status earlier in the year (Mays, Bowman, Williams, Dixon).

I hope we have a list already lined up. I'm going to have blood pressure issues if we don't fix this team for next season. Heck, I may already.

I hope we do take a long look at Harbaugh. No homerism here, just acknowledgement that Jim has done a good job and has a nice staff there at Stanford.

We need a cerebral HC. Singletary looks like a straight-up dummy every week. The chess match is a loss for him every time he has to play it.

Originally posted by DownInTheCity:

...the way the front office works, we'll be lucky to hire a new coach by the Combine.

Jed York still thinks we can win the division. We are f**ked until the kid wakes up and accepts reality.
Originally posted by GEEK:

More like the card game "War". Zero strategy and just lay the cards down as they are and hope your hand beats the other guy.
Bumping Pointlessness.

Cheers.

P.S. This was written November 5, and it is more true than ever today.
Bumping Pointlessness.

Cheers.

Yup.

I can't believe people wanted to squeeze into the playoffs knowing the incredible damage it would bring to our franchise.
Bumping Pointlessness.

Cheers.

Wish you were wrong, but well done. At least now we can look forward to the hope of a new coach and (hopefully) get this team to meet it's potential. QB and pass rusher are IMO our biggest needs now, sounds a LOT like what we were saying at this point last year...
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Bumping Pointlessness.

Cheers.

Yup.

I can't believe people wanted to squeeze into the playoffs knowing the incredible damage it would bring to our franchise.

They want the instant gratification. It's not their fault, society made them this way.
Share 49ersWebzone