LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 280 users in the forums

Eric Heitmann - Injured Reserve?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Are you guys kidding me? Baas sucks at center why resign him for anything but backup pay. There wont be any team rushing to sign him. The stats and results speak for themselves. Hes not even as average as Heitmann was. In fact hes worse at center than he was LG. Our stats prove it and our w/l shows it to be true. All we have at OL is Staley and the 2 rookies. Everyone else can and should be let go. Them being Baas,Rachal, Heitmann, and Snyder. They suck and wouldnt start anywhere but here or Oakland. 49ers still need to revamp there OL nextoffseason and it sholdstart by getting the best fking center theycan buy or draft. Not keep rotating these p.o.s we currently have and expecting different results. Thats totally insane. Granted not as insane as expecting Smith to ever be a playoff caliber qb but still insane. This team needs to change its view on alot of players if they ever hope for a 6th ring. Start at the QB then the OL and fix it in the off-season. This seasons pretty much over.
Originally posted by TheChozen:
I'm not understanding why this wasn't addressed before now if this was a training camp injury? Did he not say anything or what?

Exactly. This is my thought process here too.

~Ceadder
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
I can see all the venom directed at Sing now.

Let's just call it what it REALLY is. Heitmann sees he ain't gettin his job back and is using this as an excuse to not take a demotion.

Cause if his neck was TRULY the issue he's had PLENTY of time to take care of it. His leg is now healed but his neck isn't?

I smell a rat and it's not the one that leaked information to the Press.

Heitmann is just biding his time for whatever reason only he knows.

We need him as a RG and the guy isn't even "healthy". Who's fault is this? TC was over at least 8 weeks ago. Yet his neck is the problem.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight gotcha.

~Ceadder

I find it very odd that the neck injury was never reported and now 8 weeks later he is just now getting it checked? Yet last week he suited up and was available. Was it not hurting last week? Did he hurt it sitting on the bench? If it was so bad he isn't going to be ready for a least a month how was it that he could don the uni and be active against the Raiders?

Man a guy cannot be even a little bit of a smartass around here without people gettin up in his grill.

This is EXACTLY my point. He's being a more positive version of Mike Lewis imho. Soldier or no, how is it he's got full momentum in his neck every game he's not suited up(clearly shows on every DVR in the zone if nobody believes me) and yet his leg is mended but the "stinger" is a nagging neck injury 8 weeks later?

If the guy is truly injured my bad, but I've seen him moving pretty spryly on the sidelines and speaking from experience if you have a neck injury you are not that mobile. I have a hard time sitting in front of my monitor for long periods of time. How is it this guy did not get it looked at while he's been rehabbing?

Again it is just a bit suspect.

I just think he's being a tad bit classier than Mike Lewis with the timing of this "injury".

And if you do not believe me then I would remind you that Mike Golic admitted a few years ago on his radio show, that he over-exaggerated an injury to go on IR for the benefit of his team. Don't think this is not crossing my mind as well.

~Ceadder

you guys are too much

hurt his neck in pre season thought it was a minor injury
breaks his leg
out of practice
while not practicing his neck doesn't bother him to the point of concern
leg heals
back to practice and neck starts hurting again
checked out found to be something more

is this really that hard to believe

Gimme a break.

If your neck is sore and it doesn't go away after a couple weeks don't you think you do something about it?

Trust me I have neck issues and when it hurts the pain doesn't just go down to livable. If I sleep wrong, I know it. If I watch TV too long at an inconvenient sight level, I know it. If I read too long, I know it. In fact there isn't anything that we do with our noggins on a daily basis where you don't notice it.

And if it's an issue that you reported the Training Staff should be asking you about it. And if you answer them truthfully about it every time they ask you that SHOULD be raising some red flags in their assesments.

So I'm sorry but I do not buy that this is a little nagging injury that he didn't notice "until he practiced" I do believe he practiced last week in prep for the Raiders game so your stance is a bit invalid wouldn't you say?

Neck injuries don't just disappear.

~Ceadder

The bold part is where I stopped reading.

Are you a 300 lb lineman that plays NFL football and gets paid millions of dollars to play hurt?

Hurt and injured are two different things.

Wasn’t there a lineman in college couple years ago who played half a season with a hairline fracture in his leg and didn’t know it.

But yeah I'm sure you’re right it’s all a conspiracy

Yeah okay sorry but not prudent. The point is I do have a neck injury and regardless of my job, I still have to work when I'm in pain.

So trot that argument out to your little nephew, I'm sure he'll be simply astounded by the sheer logic that you used there.

My being able to put food on the table and keep a roof over my head is just as important I believe. I miss work I don't get paid. He sits on the sidelines he still gets paid.

Care to try again? This time read the entire post.

~Ceadder

Well thanks for asking me to read the entire thing now I know you have no reading comprehension what so ever

Quote:
So I'm sorry but I do not buy that this is a little nagging injury that he didn't notice "until he practiced" I do believe he practiced last week in prep for the Raiders game so your stance is a bit invalid wouldn't you say?

Thought I made the point pretty clear
His neck hurt and because he was not practicing it was tolerable then after a full practice re aggravated it preventing him from playing

I think that is a pretty valid stance and more believable than the crap you spray around this place

Ah my neck hurts ok do me a favor put on a 5 lb helmet and have a 300lb DT club you in your head over and over and see how it feels probably worse than when you were just sitting around

And wth does my nephew have to do with anything you don't know him or me

So I'm glad we had this little conversation. Now I know never to read a post when I see

Ceadderman
Share 49ersWebzone