LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 156 users in the forums

Staley: We should start yelling at each other more often

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Originally posted by AlexThief:
Morgan really stinks...we should start Zeigler or Ginn opposite Crabtree

I agree. The coaching is make horrible personnel decisions, and that goes back to cutting Michael Robinson.

I would rather have kept Robinson and let go of Norris
Alex has been condemned for indecisiveness in the past. He seems to have moved past that. He has been flamed for not possessing leadership or a fiery spirit. We are seeing a revolution going on. Now, if we can just get that OL to give him less pressure, I thik he can seriously improve his performance.

Looking at the positive, Alex's Qb rating was better today than the following notable QBs: Brady, Rodgers, Rivers, McNaab, Cutler, Ryan, Sanchez, and Orton.
Staley looked like junk today. Bottom line. He needed to be yelled at.
Originally posted by Brew:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
You guys are trippin.

Morgan busted that one play at the end of the 2nd.

Spin move juke set up the t.d.

How do you remember all that. It's like your playing madden

He must have been playing madden because we didn't get a TD till the third.

[ Edited by darkknight49 on Oct 17, 2010 at 21:01:23 ]
Staley better get use to it. He played like s**t today and someone finally called him on it.

If Alex is gonna salvage his career and the Niners' season, he's gonna need to do more of that. He has that "C" on his jersey for a reason and I'm glad he's finally acting like a captain.

This will only make him better IMO. If Alex starts calling other players out for playing like s**t, he'll need to play at a high level consistently.
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by excelsior:
Alex has been condemned for indecisiveness in the past. He seems to have moved past that. He has been flamed for not possessing leadership or a fiery spirit. We are seeing a revolution going on. Now, if we can just get that OL to give him less pressure, I thik he can seriously improve his performance.

Looking at the positive, Alex's Qb rating was better today than the following notable QBs: Brady, Rodgers, Rivers, McNaab, Cutler, Ryan, Sanchez, and Orton.

Alex is not past being indecisive imo
Originally posted by sacniner:
Glad to hear Smith grew a pair and went after the o line, and I saw him go after Morgan. His career is on the line, and he should challenge these guys. Morgan has been really disappointing and Staley had a horrible game. I like this... maybe the tongue lashing Smith got lit a fire under his soft a55.

I don't know which route Morgan was supposed to run but that pass to him in the 1st half was miles away

Haha, yeah that was bad. Maybe he didn't run a perfect route, but hopefully next time Smith can figure out that he was heading to the inside. He was WIDE open.
if he threw thatp ass to morgan, it would have been a pick (where morgan was, not where he should have been)
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Glad to hear Smith grew a pair and went after the o line, and I saw him go after Morgan. His career is on the line, and he should challenge these guys. Morgan has been really disappointing and Staley had a horrible game. I like this... maybe the tongue lashing Smith got lit a fire under his soft a55.

I don't know which route Morgan was supposed to run but that pass to him in the 1st half was miles away

Haha, yeah that was bad. Maybe he didn't run a perfect route, but hopefully next time Smith can figure out that he was heading to the inside. He was WIDE open.
if he threw thatp ass to morgan, it would have been a pick (where morgan was, not where he should have been)

Yeah Smith was yelling at Morgan after that play too. I'm glad Smith is chewing out his players.
Did anyone else notice staley dancing around and playing air guitar during the game. At one point he was dancing after a 1st down but it got called back for holding on his dumb a$$
Maybe Staley should focus on blocking more than yelling?

Originally posted by CenCal9er:
Did anyone else notice staley dancing around and playing air guitar during the game. At one point he was dancing after a 1st down but it got called back for holding on his dumb a$$

he got tired of playing air football i guess because he wasnt playing real football for the most part today.
Newberry said it after the game, the Lines gave neither QB much time if any and allowed too much pressure to get to them.

Then he continued on to say that if the Receivers would have been running the correct routes Smith would have had a better time of it.

This is a guy who played Center for this team.

I been saying it all along but it's nice that a retired Pro sees what I do. That hold on Staley negated a hell of a Run by Dixon. We need to rotate the personnel better. And the Playcalling was STILL crappy most of the way through the game. It was nice to use Westbrook on the Screen, but then we go right back to it with Frank. I know that Johnson is kind of learning on the fly but you don't go back to what worked on the next play. Go from screen to Pitch Right Flank TE Blast if you're going to Run again. Give the QB the option to send it over to the TE or Pitch out to the RB. I'm not going to expect Johnson to call a game that is 100% forward momentum but DAMN, I know I could do a better job calling plays. I do have to say that the direct snap to Frank was a good play though and same for the play action on the 1st play. I wanted to see stuff like that worked in more.

~Ceadder
I predict that next week, it will be Keaton Kristick's turn to yell at Alex Smith.

Keaton: "f**k you Alex!!!!!"

Alex: "WTF did I do?"

Keaton: "Nothing.. I just want to be in the news."
Some players need a fire lit during the game

Jeff Garcia used to be the same way. He said he would struggle until he took his first real hit of the game and then it would fire him up.

He joked his first play of every game should be a designed QB run so he could get it out of the way

Time for us to designate an Alex Smith yelling partner to unleash Phil Jennings
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by jreff22:
If we win they can fight all day

I guess all these "nolan guys" left on the team don't know how to get fired up.

Usually it's the veterans and the probven winners that smack people back into place. But we are the YOUNGEST offense in the leugue..
As long as it seems our offense has been together, they are young!

However untill smith continues to overthrow and miss recievers on 5 yard checkdowns, there's not much room to be a leader. He looked ugly last night, except for those two TD's.

BUT HEY, I'LL TAKE IT. It's a win and may be something will spark
Share 49ersWebzone