Scouts view of niner's draft strategy/success

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by bigmike55:
"On any other team he’d have been cut..."

That's the truth son!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by greywolf447:
I hate that guy!!! He's a Douche Bag! I could care less what he has to say about the niners. He may have been right about Alex but he still a douche.

Why is he a douche ?
You do realize that every NFL QB goes through the bolded issues. You do realize Alex threw 3 deep balls this past Sunday and they were all uncatchable.

Originally posted by Ceadderman:
An how come he isn't saying anything we DO know.

Like if you protect the QB then he gets comfortable in the Pocket and takes more chances downfield?

OR

That Smith when he's running the 2 minute drill and allowed to call his own plays is pretty damned solid.

This agent Tool is a frigging Liar.

He and the Rams NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER HAD THE CONVERSATION THAT HE SAYS THEY DID. The Rams were picking 19th that year.

Say we didn't pick a QB and instead when with Braylon Edwards(who I wanted but am now kind of glad we didn't take) that's 17 other teams that were ahead of them.

They ALSO had JUST committed to Bulger as their Franchise QB.

Instead we DID take Smith(easily could have been Rodgers who priced himself out of our pick) and Rodgers slid to where? To the Packers the pick after St. Clueless at 20.

This guy just wants to remain relevant so he's taking cheap shots at our guy because he's newsworthy.

f**k THAT PUNKASS. Can't believe so many people are falling for that pathetic crap. Why don't you all do me a favor and buy tix to fly with that fool and scrounge up the talent that he does. Bob the Seive St. Claire (No not our Bob St. Claire) was such a great acquisition for them wasn't he? That guy was the reason Martz came up with "Max Protect" and it got Bulger NUKED. Yup this guy's crystal ball is so amazing I might have him take guesses at the Super Bowl picks for this year that I have in hermetically sealed mason jars under my Grannies front porch. See if he can't make me a few million so I can buy you all a clue.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Originally posted by TheCatch:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

Like if you protect the QB then he gets comfortable in the Pocket and takes more chances downfield?

OR

That Smith when he's running the 2 minute drill and allowed to call his own plays is pretty damned solid.

He and the Rams NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER HAD THE CONVERSATION THAT HE SAYS THEY DID. The Rams were picking 19th that year.

Say we didn't pick a QB and instead when with Braylon Edwards(who I wanted but am now kind of glad we didn't take) that's 17 other teams that were ahead of them.

Instead we DID take Smith(easily could have been Rodgers who priced himself out of our pick) and Rodgers slid to where? To the Packers the pick after St. Clueless at 20.

This guy just wants to remain relevant so he's taking cheap shots at our guy because he's newsworthy.

f**k THAT PUNKASS. Can't believe so many people are falling for that pathetic crap. Why don't you all do me a favor and buy tix to fly with that fool and scrounge up the talent that he does. Bob the Seive St. Claire (No not our Bob St. Claire) was such a great acquisition for them wasn't he? That guy was the reason Martz came up with "Max Protect" and it got Bulger NUKED. Yup this guy's crystal ball is so amazing I might have him take guesses at the Super Bowl picks for this year that I have in hermetically sealed mason jars under my Grannies front porch. See if he can't make me a few million so I can buy you all a clue.

~Ceadder

Just stop. Your post actually sounds like you're defending Smith as a QB and a pick. He's CLEARLY HANDS DOWN, UNQUESTIONABLY A BUST! There's no argument the other way. Alex Smith is a BAD player. Plain and simple. Protect him? He's pretty solid? No he's not. When he gets great protection he looks like a worthy backup, when he has to escape even a little bit of pressure and make a play he's terrible. Lets not even get into it, doesn't make a whole lot of sense to defend Alex at this point. Secondly, of course he had that conversation with the Rams, just as I'm sure the Rams discussed Sam Bradford, and Suh last year. You discuss EVERY prospect. People get offended because the things he's saying about this team are negative, but why shouldn't they be? We haven't produced a 1000 yard receiver, a 10 sack defender, a decent secondary, a manageable O-line, a serviceable QB, or a winning record, in a full decade! Why would someone sing our praises????

This!

Thing about ceadderman is that he is not an Alex backer. He may have come up with the whole Alexcuses phrase. That said, I agree. I think this is an unemployed scout who didn't do well in St. Louis and is now looking for attention and money.

Speaking of the draft, how good is this year's draft looking? Seems like we're hit on all rounds. Anthony Davis looked real good getting downfield on the VD td pass against the Falcons. And he reminded alot of Kevin Gogan getting downfield and not allowing defensive players to pile on. I like nastiness and mean streak. He won't stand for players grabbing his junk haha.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
It's true. If not for the 49ers, Alex would be out of football. Face the facts. A lot of people here live in denial.

I disagree, he possibly could make it in Arena 2 as a back up.
I thought it was interesting what he said about Crabtree, that he thinks he's not going to be a really good reciever and he's not going to be a Greg Jennings or Donald Driver. Smith I already kind of agree with him about. I think Smith might become a good back up for someone down the road but he's not a starting calibre QB atleast right now.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Sounds dead on to me. Nothing he says in that whole article is debatable imo.

Also note that both players had inflated stats in gimmicky offenses and neither had elite measurables, so we fail on both accounts.
so why isn't he on our staff?
Originally posted by faithful49erfan:
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Originally posted by TheCatch:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

OR

~Ceadder

Just stop. Your post actually sounds like you're defending Smith as a QB and a pick. He's CLEARLY HANDS DOWN, UNQUESTIONABLY A BUST! There's no argument the other way. Alex Smith is a BAD player. Plain and simple. Protect him? He's pretty solid? No he's not. When he gets great protection he looks like a worthy backup, when he has to escape even a little bit of pressure and make a play he's terrible. Lets not even get into it, doesn't make a whole lot of sense to defend Alex at this point. Secondly, of course he had that conversation with the Rams, just as I'm sure the Rams discussed Sam Bradford, and Suh last year. You discuss EVERY prospect. People get offended because the things he's saying about this team are negative, but why shouldn't they be? We haven't produced a 1000 yard receiver, a 10 sack defender, a decent secondary, a manageable O-line, a serviceable QB, or a winning record, in a full decade! Why would someone sing our praises????

This!

Thing about ceadderman is that he is not an Alex backer. He may have come up with the whole Alexcuses phrase. That said, I agree. I think this is an unemployed scout who didn't do well in St. Louis and is now looking for attention and money.

Speaking of the draft, how good is this year's draft looking? Seems like we're hit on all rounds. Anthony Davis looked real good getting downfield on the VD td pass against the Falcons. And he reminded alot of Kevin Gogan getting downfield and not allowing defensive players to pile on. I like nastiness and mean streak. He won't stand for players grabbing his junk haha.

Ceadder is the most irrational Smith backer on the board. Just read any one of this posts.
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
It's true. If not for the 49ers, Alex would be out of football. Face the facts. A lot of people here live in denial.

I disagree, he possibly could make it in Arena 2 as a back up.

not sure what you've seen from him to think this highly of his abilities.

When we drafted Smith we had a HUGE need for a QB. It was Smith or Rodgers. Nobody wanted to trade down we us. Rodgers, for a lot of reasons, has turned out to be a better QB so far., but he's no Montana. Considering Smith surrounding past talent, I am not sure that Rodgers would have done any better with the Niners either. It was our luck to have the #1 pick in the draft during a weak QB crop. I feel we did the best we could with what was available.
I don't see any debate about this period -- and I'm surprised anyone would try to make a debate out of it.

Forget Razzano for a minute and find me one scout -- just one mind you -- who thinks that Alex should be a starting QB in the NFL.

Just one.

You won't find that person.

Case closed.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Hah, I got laughed out of here for saying exactly what Razzano just said in this interview: if it wasn't for Smith's pathetic play, Nolan would still be HC of this team. You guys are all chanelling your anger at the wrong people - coaches, receivers, o-line, etc. We built this house on the unstable foundation of this lame ass QB. Anything you do after that (fire painters, framers, electricians, even the home owner) won't fix the root cause that the foundation itself is weak, unstable, unpredictable, and should have never been used in the first place.
Originally posted by Shaj:
Hah, I got laughed out of here for saying exactly what Razzano just said in this interview: if it wasn't for Smith's pathetic play, Nolan would still be HC of this team. You guys are all chanelling your anger at the wrong people - coaches, receivers, o-line, etc. We built this house on the unstable foundation of this lame ass QB. Anything you do after that (fire painters, framers, electricians, even the home owner) won't fix the root cause that the foundation itself is weak, unstable, unpredictable, and should have never been used in the first place.

Some people forget that the foundation of the offense when it's on the field is the QB. Our problem has been the QB for 6+ years now.

This offense didn't become crap until it needed another starting QB after we let Garcia go.

Wow, what a coincidence.
There is something here that does not pass the smell test. Prior to the 2005 draft, I read everything I could about the upcoming darft. I visited ESPN, a number of draft websites, and bought a few draft magazines. Every one had Alex ranked as the No. 1 except for one that had Rodgers ranked no. 1. Even there, Alex was rated as a first rounder.

Now Razzano is claiming that he brilliantly had Alex pegged as nothing more than a backup. You don't rank backups as first rounders. So why did this guy know more than almost all other "experts"? If he was so brillaint, show me his other brilliant assessments, and why has he not assembled a SB quality team? I know, it is because the rest of the world is too dumb to recognize his brilliance.
Share 49ersWebzone