LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

Was the Taylor Mays T.D. the GREATEST S.T. play that you've ever seen?!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Was the Taylor Mays T.D. the GREATEST S.T. play that you've ever seen?!!!

I say ,''Yes.''

That was crazy badass.
Atleast we lead the league in Dougie's

[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Oct 4, 2010 at 11:21 PM ]
  • BobS
  • Veteran
That was awesome, I have been watching football for over 40 years and never seen someone drag their feet on a punt block in the endzone. The obvious opposite of a Leon Lett. Too bad his great athletic skills went to waste in a loss. I think there will be a lot of big things to come from that kid. Hopefully he will evolve into a ball hawking defensive back like a that long haired guy on the Steelers.
[ Edited by BobS on Oct 4, 2010 at 11:23 PM ]
I don't know about that. But he's an impressive athlete. And I didn't realize his body control was that good for a big guy. Plus his field area awarness. There were some real good things to see on that play. Granted it's just one play. But a lessor athlete could not make that play IMO.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I don't know about that. But he's an impressive athlete. And I didn't realize his body control was that good for a big guy. Plus his field area awarness. There were some real good things to see on that play. Granted it's just one play. But a lessor athlete could not make that play IMO.

Agreed.

That was a f**king stellar play. Michael Lewis would have broken his fibula trying to catch that ball. Goldson wouldn't have been near it because he f**king SUCKS.

Yo Goldson, it's 3rd and 15, how about covering someone you numbnut motherf**ker?!
  • mod
  • Veteran
its funny because I saw the exact same play the day before at the Fresno State game against Cal Poly.

1:45 ball is tipped and the defender grabs the ball with just his toes in bound.

^^^ That looked like the one foot college rule was in effect though.
close, but taylor mays' play was much better.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Method:

Agreed.

That was a f**king stellar play. Michael Lewis would have broken his fibula trying to catch that ball. Goldson wouldn't have been near it because he f**king SUCKS.

Yo Goldson, it's 3rd and 15, how about covering someone you numbnut motherf**ker?!

Method please tone down your swearing, its getting a little excessive.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
^^^ That looked like the one foot college rule was in effect though.

he got two feet in though... if it were NFL rules it would have been good as well

I can see your point though... I still think trying to catch a bouncing football is much more difficult than one in the air.
[ Edited by modninerfan on Oct 4, 2010 at 11:33 PM ]

They should have mays playing WR for us because none of our guys could have do e that.
Mays is gonna be sick, with his freakish body, speed, strength, smarts and desire all he has to do is get his coverage skills down.
It was great and all, but I don't know about greatest. The first thing that pops in my head is the Music City Miracle:

To win a playoff game with nothing left on the clock is pretty got dayum great.
Nice forward pass lol
Originally posted by Method:

Agreed.

cosigned. I saw Goldson get burned a lot. It's like they were going at him over and over again. They didn't go after TMays that much even though he's a rookie. Goldson got exposed
Share 49ersWebzone