LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

Our QB Vrs Rookie QB's

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Well, the Rams are sitting at 2-2 and they won how many games last year? They may win the West and I hate the Lambs but here is something I saw in an article that I thought spoke volumes about our QB situation and the Rams QB situation.. Please read on!

Bradford threw two touchdown passes for a personal-best 289 yards, yet saw plenty of room for improvement leading an offense that leaned heavier to the pass (41) than the run (28).

``I just felt like I missed some easy throws,'' Bradford said.

This is in regards to the Seahawks game the Rams just won. Our QB has been in the league now for how long? Has he even thrown for more than 289 yards in his career? Maybe once or twice and yet the Lambs have a rookie QB who has already won 2 games and improved on last years horrible record by double.

Thoughts on this?
  • fly15
  • Veteran
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
my thoughts are Bradford is legit NFL star in the making and Smith is a well intentioned practice squad level player who found himself in the best possible draft ever, putting him on my list of top 10 NFL QB busts of all time.
Career record as a NFL starter,

Bradford: 2-2

A. Smith: 16-28

Whats not to like about Smith?
[ Edited by global_nomad on Oct 4, 2010 at 8:25 PM ]
Bradford>>>Smith
Bradford > Smith

Anyone can see that.
The Niner brass just made a mistake in evaluating Smith. They took a chance and it backfired. s**t happens.

JaMarcus
Carr
Leaf
Couch
Akili Smith
Etc..
Etc..
Etc..
Yea it's almost sad we get Smith and the Packers get Rodgers. What a major screw up that was
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Bradford > Smith

Anyone can see that.

pretty much. Didnt both come from the spread? I actually think Smith would be a better OC than QB. He might be able to mentally do it, but just can't translate that to the physical game.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Bradford > Smith

Anyone can see that.

Just saying Bradford is better doesn't capture the gravity of this situation.....Smith cannot carry Bradford's jock strap.....

Bradford was a complete stud and one of the best quarterbacks to play college football in many years. The only reason he wasn't a complete no-brainer pick at #1 was because of his shoulder injury. The Rams were in the right place at the right time and did their homework on his shoulder. I'm sorry to say it but the Rams are now the class of the NFC West. It's amazing what picking the right QB can do for a teams fortunes.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Bradford > Smith

Anyone can see that.

pretty much. Didnt both come from the spread? I actually think Smith would be a better OC than QB. He might be able to mentally do it, but just can't translate that to the physical game.

Damn, lol ...i think your 100% right on that
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Bradford was a complete stud and one of the best quarterbacks to play college football in many years. The only reason he wasn't a complete no-brainer pick at #1 was because of his shoulder injury. The Rams were in the right place at the right time and did their homework on his shoulder. I'm sorry to say it but the Rams are now the class of the NFC West. It's amazing what picking the right QB can do for a teams fortunes.

So sad to say but true. Team won a single game last year and we look worse now then they. I'm done backing Smith as our QB. He just can't get it done and has been given too many opportunities. We know what we have in Smith. A QB that can look good for half a game or maybe 2-3 games a season and then is simply not functional the rest of the time. This team has far too much talent to be sitting at 0-4 and it's pretty obvious that if the Rams who won 1 game can have a better record right now than we have then Coach S needs to re-evaluate just how important the QB position is to winning in the NFL!!!!! This Old School thinking just ain't working and hey, it really has only worked for a few teams that had very special Defenses. Not top 5 Defenses but tops in the entire Decade type Defenses. These only come around once in a decade. I'll take the day's of a good Defense and a special Offense all day long. Bring back my Old Niners cause this new version is heart breaking!
DRAFT ANDREW LUCK!!
go be a Rams fan then.
Share 49ersWebzone