LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 251 users in the forums

Our QB Vrs Rookie QB's

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It happens. Unfortunately, it happened to the 49ers. There was no true consensus No.1 pick that year.
It drives you nuts that some other team may have an up-and-coming star QB. Many of you remind me of a bunch of petulant, spoiled brats who are always jealous whenever someone has something better than you do. You just b***h and whine. Get a life. You know that you have no control over what this organization does or doesn't do. You have no control over how the players play, but you are obessiively invested in their fortunes - good or bad.

Why do this? Why spend so much time and emotion on something you have no ability to affect? Sports is supposed to be a recreation, a source of interest and pleasure. But I worry that for some of you it has become an obession to the extent that it might be problem, or a symptom of another bigger problem. I sense that many of you could never be happy unless this team wins every game. Ain't going to happen. So, are you always going to be miserable?
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
It happens. Unfortunately, it happened to the 49ers. There was no true consensus No.1 pick that year.

This is exactly what happened. It was just bad luck. I liked Rodgers, but people would have cried bloody murder if we had taken him.
The worst part of the Rodgers/Smith thing isn't so much that we passed on Rodgers--so did 22 other teams. It was becasue of the Tedford Factor, which put him in the same category as Joey Harrington, Kyle Boller, Akili Smith, and David Carr. It makes sense that he dropped, and its probably part of what's feuling him, the old chip-on-the-shoulder factor. Kind of like Brees. You can never get that with a no. 1 pick. Alex said it himself, he felt like he wasn't asked to earn his job and that left him feeling like he needed to gain their respect somehow.

No, what bothers me is that not only is Rodgers very good and Smith pretty poor, but the only person who was a part of that decision and has not been fired and demoted since is Mike McCarthy...who is currently thanking his stars for not taking him as a 49er OC cause he gets to have him as a Packer HC.

That part just isn't fair.
Bradford as a rookie is better than Alex Smith ever was or ever will be. I can't imagine how great he will be in 3-4 years. He makes some throws that rookies shouldn't be making and Smith could never make in his dreams. When I watched him play at Oklahoma I was hoping one day he'd be a 49er. Now he's in our division and we're stuck with a number 1 bust and a bunch of other clowns at QB. Good times.
Originally posted by Shaj:
my thoughts are Bradford is legit NFL star in the making and Smith is a well intentioned practice squad level player who found himself in the best possible draft ever, putting him on my list of top 10 NFL QB busts of all time.

Unfortunately: THIS

Anybody read the Lowels column on Sing to day? Wow, just scathing and so right on. He is "thankful" the team has problems and hasn't won because it is making them stronger."! What an idiot..
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by excelsior:
It drives you nuts that some other team may have an up-and-coming star QB. Many of you remind me of a bunch of petulant, spoiled brats who are always jealous whenever someone has something better than you do. You just b***h and whine. Get a life. You know that you have no control over what this organization does or doesn't do. You have no control over how the players play, but you are obessiively invested in their fortunes - good or bad.

Why do this? Why spend so much time and emotion on something you have no ability to affect? Sports is supposed to be a recreation, a source of interest and pleasure. But I worry that for some of you it has become an obession to the extent that it might be problem, or a symptom of another bigger problem. I sense that many of you could never be happy unless this team wins every game. Ain't going to happen. So, are you always going to be miserable?

what do you think??

Hey hey now don't get your...

• Brew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Bradford > Smith

Anyone can see that.

Just saying Bradford is better doesn't capture the gravity of this situation.....Smith cannot carry Bradford's jock strap.....

LOL
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Oct 4, 2010 at 10:17 PM ]

• Brew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

i like proportion... she has none.
Share 49ersWebzone