LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 301 users in the forums

My biggest fear for the Niners at the end of the season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
How does the quarterback situation look for the 2011 draft??
Originally posted by tondiman:

At this rate we will be picking first, so sky's the limit! I think Andrew Luck is coming out, he looks good.
I don't care if our next QB is a genius with an "off the charts IQ".

There are two kinds of intelligence. Accademic and Football. A QB has to have FOOTBALL intelligence. I don't care if he can't tell his neck from his shoulder, as long as he knows what he's doing on the field
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Tank the rest of the season, which I think they'll do without actually trying, hire Gruden and draft Luck, Locker or Mallett and we'll be good to go for the next 10 years.
I wonder how many payers will throw in the towel if we lose sunday. If the seahawks can kick our ass then any team can. And with alex throwing two interceptions a game maybe the team never goes on a win streak
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:
I wonder how many payers will throw in the towel if we lose sunday. If the seahawks can kick our ass then any team can. And with alex throwing two interceptions a game maybe the team never goes on a win streak

Yeah, maybe if we had a Qb that didn't continuesly throw interceptions inside the enemies 30 yard line, we'd win some of these games.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Oct 4, 2010 at 7:36 AM ]
There have already been insider reports, as reported by Peter King and Adam Schefter yesterday, that even if Singletary does turn the season around his position is tenuous at best and management will continually "evaluate" his position. It doesn't look good for the franchise, winning or not, how unprofessional the team looks with its "crisis-a-week" and its over-emotional head coach.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by tondiman:

At this rate we will be picking first, so sky's the limit! I think Andrew Luck is coming out, he looks good.

I was watching the Stanford/Oregon game and one of the announcers ( i think Herbstreet) said Luck has been looking like the best college QB since Peyton Manning. That's only his opinion but he really looked like a good QB in the first half. Second half was a wash. It just sucks to think that the last 8 years have been dreadful. Gore is going to be past his prime soon. Good thing we locked up Davis and Willis otherwise i think they'd want to split. Now we're looking to draft a QB at the top of the 1st round in 2011. Re-building again? s**t man. Will this team really turn around in the next few years? Please someone give me some hope for the future.

-Niners for life
[ Edited by SantaFe49er on Oct 4, 2010 at 7:36 AM ]
In response to the possibility of rebuilding, at least the next qb will have a better line. And I'm saying that because of the picks that we have invested in the position.

But what games will we win? I don't think we sweep the division, the rams are doing something right at the moment. The afc west? I can see us losing to all three but the raiders are our best shot. The panthers are also winless but I think that game is on the road so you know how that goes?

Bucs? I don't know that might be our best shot as well. Packers? Please. Chargers? I think rivers has a perfect december record correct me if I'm wrong. eagles this week? Expect sing to be outcoached again

5 wins and I pick the under
Originally posted by boriken_9er:
It would come as no surprise. Nolan got more chances doing less.

Mike Nolan is a good coach.

Originally posted by a24hrdad:
Looking at the schedule for the second half of the season, the opponents are soft. I am afraid we will get on a roll with a winning streak and just like the last few seasons, 49erland will be filled with optimism and hope. The front office will give Singletary and Smith another season to build on the momentum and thus the 49ers will be doomed to follow the same pattern next season.

I have never been a Smith or Singletary basher, my outlook has always been that I don't care as long as we win. My problem is that the 49ers keep trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome.

It really pains me to say this, but I almost want to tank the entire season to force the front office to make a change. At that point I can only hope they will bring in a proven experienced head coach.

Its a valid concern but I think because the Yorks are trying to get a new stadium, they need to get people excited. I don't think Singletary coming back will do that. Anything short of the division was a failure and this team has 5-6 wins written all over it.
This is a very reasonable, and unfortunately, plausible scenario. Therefore, I would encourage everyone on the webzone to write in and demand BMs(bigmikes) firing. With him here we are doomed, and as i wrote in a lengthy piece on whose fault was the ATL loss, Fire BM and let OC and DC coach out the rest of the season. THEY cannot possibly do worse.

BM is just a LB coach, a motivational speaker...nothing more, nothing less. A HC he is not. Expecting anything else from a guy with his inexperience is like believing in santa claus. FIRE BM. Start the campaign now until Jed can't stand it any longer.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Oct 4, 2010 at 8:09 AM ]
Originally posted by rawdel:
Originally posted by NJNiner:
That our key players will ask to be released or traded. I can't really blame them.

Absolutely right. I actually feel sorry for VD that hes wasting good years on this anemic offense

forget VD he's still young...

I feel so bad for Frank Gore. He's busted his ass his whole career and still doesn't know what the playoffs are like aside from watching on TV.

He had a chance to throw Clements under the bus yesterday in postgame when asked about Nate's fumble. Here's what he said instead: "It didn't come down to that, there were a lot of things. We're a team, you know? If he would have scored, then what? We've got to finish as a team." Team player to the end.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2010-10-03-49ers-falcons_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip

I figure he's got a year or two left then its probably it for his career. He'll be 28 next season.

Best case scenario is we draft a QB in the first round, and keep Alex Smith as an official back-up QB! Whos' with me?! lol
Originally posted by verb1der:
Best case scenario is we draft a QB in the first round, and keep Alex Smith as an official back-up QB! Whos' with me?! lol

who's with you?? The entire continental united states.
Share 49ersWebzone