There are 180 users in the forums

Anyone else see the niner players laughing after the game?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
being the sick person that i am, addicted to the niners, a total niner junkie, i make to sure to watch everything from the kick off to the end of the games (not matter how many points we are getting blown out by or how frustrated i am) when the players congradulate each other. i noticed a couple of niner players, especially VD joking around and laughing after the game. did anyone see this too?

which makes me think, do these players even give a flying fuk anymore about what an embarrasement we are? i mean, i am 100 times more mad about our loss than VD was. shouldnt it be the other way around? how you are 0-4 and laugh and joke around i dont understand

Yes I saw it and once ago it did bother me too. However, I have come to understand that what goes on before and after the game has nothing to do with between whistles. Most of these guys are either college buddies, relatives or just good friends. Life is bigger than the game, that's just the way it is. I do have a problem with the clowining around during the game itself however. Players usually form a bond throughout their playing days.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
a lot of players laugh after the game

its nothing new, they are talking to their friends whom they share a personal history with.

coach singletary claps after every play

good or bad

the dude was clapping when the falcons were driving for the winning fg.

I didnt see VD laughing during the game (except his td)

sing was clapping for the defense, trying to pump them up. and you probably turned off the tv, you couldnt miss it, the camera was on VD for at least 5 seconds, and he was laughing like they had just won the superbow. i am not mad at VD, i think he has alot of heart, but it was just disgusting to see. how can you not care? how do fans care more than the players?

Do us fans care more than some of the players? i mean if they shouldnt, why should we? considering that we pay for the paychecks.

Guys we have to lighten up, life is bigger than a game. These guys are sometimes lifelong friends or relatives. What you do between the whistles is what matters.
I think the laughter came from catching the bad break with the Clements fumble. The laughter might have been from disbelief.
Originally posted by ToddShaw:
I think the laughter came from catching the bad break with the Clements fumble. The laughter might have been from disbelief.

Yeah, thinking to themselves: Only we can pull off this type of s**t.
Nothin to see here folks.
Originally posted by rawdel:
Originally posted by seeking6th:
smile now, cry later?

maybe, someone told them "don't worry, bruh, you guys will still win the west. your schedule gets easier, hold your head up" so they started laughing

or maybe they were thinking of all the new threads that would come up in niner talk, after the loss......

Or maybe they all saw what we saw... The old broken down man on one knee at the end of the game.

that view was more than a thousand words!
Originally posted by kelpie70:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
a lot of players laugh after the game

its nothing new, they are talking to their friends whom they share a personal history with.

coach singletary claps after every play

good or bad

the dude was clapping when the falcons were driving for the winning fg.

I didnt see VD laughing during the game (except his td)

sing was clapping for the defense, trying to pump them up. and you probably turned off the tv, you couldnt miss it, the camera was on VD for at least 5 seconds, and he was laughing like they had just won the superbow. i am not mad at VD, i think he has alot of heart, but it was just disgusting to see. how can you not care? how do fans care more than the players?

Do us fans care more than some of the players? i mean if they shouldnt, why should we? considering that we pay for the paychecks.

Guys we have to lighten up, life is bigger than a game. These guys are sometimes lifelong friends or relatives. What you do between the whistles is what matters.

i'm all for that.

however, i still have a hunch that they laughed when someone commented, "don't worry my friends, how the west was won, you can do it, little engine, you can do it!!!"
[ Edited by seeking6th on Oct 3, 2010 at 9:01 PM ]
Originally posted by Canadian49er:
being the sick person that i am, addicted to the niners, a total niner junkie, i make to sure to watch everything from the kick off to the end of the games (not matter how many points we are getting blown out by or how frustrated i am) when the players congradulate each other. i noticed a couple of niner players, especially VD joking around and laughing after the game. did anyone see this too?

which makes me think, do these players even give a flying fuk anymore about what an embarrasement we are? i mean, i am 100 times more mad about our loss than VD was. shouldnt it be the other way around? how you are 0-4 and laugh and joke around i dont understand

First of all, your "addiction" to the Niners is not commendable...it's pitiful

You're addicted to a group of athletes that don't care about you and your life, and for good reason. What happens in your life is irrelevant to them and it should work the other way around too.

Being upset over a loss is one thing but fans that claim to be "obsessed" need a hobby...or a girlfriend...

Players have lives outside of football. If someone can't laugh after a "sports loss" they will be presented with some serious problems in life.

thanks Dr. Phil
It's a conspiracy...
you know who wasn't laughing?

It's a shame we're wasting the prime years of Gore and Willis trying to develop Alex.

Originally posted by DesiDez:

It's a shame we're wasting the prime years of Gore and Willis trying to develop Alex.

AMEN to that. THAT'S A FACT!
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

He should have recovered the fumble

and he's a cowboys fan

cut him
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

He should have recovered the fumble

and he's a cowboys fan

cut him

you have been in NT too long! lol

Accepting that you are sick is the first step towards recovery.

Accepting that you are sick is the first step towards recovery.
Share 49ersWebzone