There are 146 users in the forums

NFL Video: Is Singletary the Problem in the City by the Bay

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/09000d5d81afbd40/Is-Singletary-the-problem?module=HP_cp2

enjoy

I actually like what Sapp and Boomer say at the end. You can't be giving motivational speeches more than 2-3 times a season, if you do the players will stop listening. The rest of the time the role of the head coach is to put your players in a position to win.
I wouldn't say he's the problem, but I don't think he's helping either.
3 players basically quit the team, there's a big issue and I honestly believe it's the HC.
sing wil b gone after the falcons game.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
3 players basically quit the team, there's a big issue and I honestly believe it's the HC.

I would make it 3 1/2 . . . 'Crabtree'! Whether you like him or not, think he is a diva or not, it doesn't appear, to me, that he likes the way the niners are heading. Maybe it's the HC or maybe it's the 70's offense the niners are running that he hates. Oh wait, those are two of the same thing.
God I hate being the laughing stock of the NFL!
Originally posted by elbolitas49ers:
sing wil b gone after the falcons game.

If that's the case, Mike Johnson might have gone from the QB Coach, to the Offensive Coordinator to the Interim Head Coach in less than a week!
I wouldn't necessarily say that Coach Singletary is the problem. This team's problem includes more than just the head coach. But as usual, the head coach gets the blame. In my opinion, Singletary's idea of an NFL offense is outdated. As it was mentioned in the video, I think Singletary's philosophy is stuck in the 80's. This team isn't his 1985 Bears. The NFL has clearly become a passing league, and so far Coach Singletary has failed to adapt. As a result, it may end up costing him his job!
Can't disagree with much of what they said.

Only thing that bothered me was Simm's response to Jim's question about Smith. Obviously Smith hasn't shown "brilliance" but I think he knew what Jim meant. The issue is...is the problem the players or the coaching? They should have addressed how the coaching (or lack thereof) can affect the players. Being that they are former players from a variety of teams (winning and losing) it would have been nice to know. For example, how was Warren Sapp responding to Gruden compared to whoever was his coach in Oakland.
He's part of it but not the only part.

Upon watching that video it just reinforces what I believe. God we are such a joke.

To say Singletary is a defensive coach who doesn't understand offense is ridiculous. To be an effective defensive player, you HAVE to understand offense.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
To say Singletary is a defensive coach who doesn't understand offense is ridiculous. To be an effective defensive player, you HAVE to understand offense.

do you go by the alias "Hobiwan"???
Ouch, this season is full of hurt.
Originally posted by CrankDatCrabtree:
Originally posted by defenderDX:

do you go by the alias "Hobiwan"???

LOL no
Share 49ersWebzone