49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 648 users in the forums

Practice today is still messy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cNiner:
what do you expect our players know only one play gore up the Middle ?!

They all have to be trained on how to do other things than block. Its like doing training camp in one week. Give them a break
To be espected with the changes!
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
I think practice is one area the team really misses the Walsh philosophy---he didn't wear out his players with physical practices---but the attention to detail and practicing a play over and over till it was down pat was state of the art.

Also although they didn't always practice physically hard--the training camp was in red hot Rocklin----and that was great for conditioning.

The team didn't leave the practice field until they got all of the plays just ------ right.
Walsh was a perfectionist and his teams were always very prepared , what does that say about Singletary ????
Originally posted by 49ERwhiner:
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
I think practice is one area the team really misses the Walsh philosophy---he didn't wear out his players with physical practices---but the attention to detail and practicing a play over and over till it was down pat was state of the art.

Also although they didn't always practice physically hard--the training camp was in red hot Rocklin----and that was great for conditioning.

The team didn't leave the practice field until they got all of the plays just ------ right.
Walsh was a perfectionist and his teams were always very prepared , what does that say about Singletary ????

That he isn't Bill Walsh, the greatest coach of all time.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by 49ERwhiner:
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
I think practice is one area the team really misses the Walsh philosophy---he didn't wear out his players with physical practices---but the attention to detail and practicing a play over and over till it was down pat was state of the art.

Also although they didn't always practice physically hard--the training camp was in red hot Rocklin----and that was great for conditioning.

The team didn't leave the practice field until they got all of the plays just ------ right.
Walsh was a perfectionist and his teams were always very prepared , what does that say about Singletary ????

That he isn't Bill Walsh, the greatest coach of all time.

And not even remotely close as in horse shoes and hand grenades.
f**k man! Just have them practice one passing play with every skilled player in every position for that play.

Let's see: 1 play, 5 skilled players meaning 5! = 5x4x3x2x1 = 120 different combinations of one play.

This way, they will have gotten that play down and should be able to run it with their eyes closed and only need to open their eyes to catch the ball.

Baby Steps with this Singletary!!!!!!!
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Fire a coordinator, we still aren't hitting our stride in practice. We still aren't an oiled machine. You play like you practice, I hope not!

I'm 100 % sure that we gona bite that's dirty sucker brids.. who's w/me.
Originally posted by berumen:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Fire a coordinator, we still aren't hitting our stride in practice. We still aren't an oiled machine. You play like you practice, I hope not!

I'm 100 % sure that we gona bite that's dirty sucker brids.. who's w/me.

Let me see, we are 2-22 since 2005 in 10 am games. And besides that unfortunate fact, Matt Ryan is 14-1 at home.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Originally posted by berumen:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Fire a coordinator, we still aren't hitting our stride in practice. We still aren't an oiled machine. You play like you practice, I hope not!

I'm 100 % sure that we gona bite that's dirty sucker brids.. who's w/me.

Let me see, we are 2-22 since 2005 in 10 am games. And besides that unfortunate fact, Matt Ryan is 14-1 at home.

Great stat AND we'e only won one road game in the past 8 (maybe 9 now). I heard that in the KC game. Man, this is a joke of a team.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Originally posted by berumen:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Fire a coordinator, we still aren't hitting our stride in practice. We still aren't an oiled machine. You play like you practice, I hope not!

I'm 100 % sure that we gona bite that's dirty sucker brids.. who's w/me.

Let me see, we are 2-22 since 2005 in 10 am games. And besides that unfortunate fact, Matt Ryan is 14-1 at home.

Great stat AND we'e only won one road game in the past 8 (maybe 9 now). I heard that in the KC game. Man, this is a joke of a team.

An unprepared team is what we are. We aren't even prepared in the home games but the players probably thrive off the crowd, not being tired due to no travel, and the opposition being tired.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone