Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
Alex smith needs a better production form the O-line and OC. Also needs hit players in the numbers.

this he may not be too accurate but all his passes are catchable also OC is way to predictible i mean i can even tell what the play is by the formation and how they line up most of the time im sure other teams with acuall gametape can do much better

exactly. Saints game for example, line gave him time and Raye's play calling was excellent and look how he did. It all starts with the O-line.

Same ole Alex Smith, looks good to decent at home, with a moral victory, but looks like a scared little boy on the road.

Time to move on from the Alexpierement!!!!

look i dont wanna sound like an alex homer but i dont think he is the problem i think it is coaching

the problem with us that we dont have a plan we have a scheme A unfortuantly if that doesnt work we get lost and dont have a scheme B

look at the seahawks and cheifs game for example scheme A did not work at all and we didnt have a scheme B we totally got dominated and looked lost on the field

then look at the saints game honestly the playcalling wasnt different at all the thing was that sceme A worked for us so we were able to move the ball

Yah, sorry, not gonna buy that. Its always something with Smith, talent, OL, coaching, OC's, so and so dropped passes. Well Smith finally got more than enough talent, O-line, better coaching and speaking of coaching he finally got two-years with the same OC and now its his fault. Even back when Norv Turner was OC he looked more timid now than in 2006 playing in KC. The guy is just filled with inconsistency and I'm pretty much over it, time to move on.
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
If by Swaggggggg you mean help throwing with proper ball placement to a moving target; then yes, I would agree...

BALL PLACEMENT!!!?? psssssssssss an NFL QB does NOT need that!

you're right, they need receivers that actually catch the ball

Classic apologist response. "It's not Alex's fault; everyone else has the problem"

when did I say that Smith wasn't at fault??? Matt Maiocco stated that 4 out of 5 interceptions that Smith has thrown Crabtree was the target and were tipped passes. But you're right "classic apologist response"

The little "s" that you put at the end of receiver makes it plural. Crabtree is one person so that would require the singular "receiver" to be used. Since you used the plural you stated that multiple receivers have this problem.

Now, the rest of you sentence implies that Alex is not the problem; but our receivers not catching the ball is. If you go back and look at ball placement on these INT's, you will see that your statement is not entirely accurate either.

It is a statement made by most, if not all, apologist here on the zone!

If you will watch other games without drooling over some other team's QB, you will notice that ALL QB's throw poorly placed passes at least 5-8 times per game. Sometimes the receivers catch them, and sometimes they don't. I have been watching this very closely this year. I dare you to chart this weeks games and see what I mean. It is pretty obvious that Smith is well within the average for a good QB. Smith has other issues, but this ball placement thing is so blown out of proportion.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

LMFAO
Alex smith needs a better production form the O-line and OC. Also needs hit players in the numbers.

this he may not be too accurate but all his passes are catchable also OC is way to predictible i mean i can even tell what the play is by the formation and how they line up most of the time im sure other teams with acuall gametape can do much better

exactly. Saints game for example, line gave him time and Raye's play calling was excellent and look how he did. It all starts with the O-line.

Same ole Alex Smith, looks good to decent at home, with a moral victory, but looks like a scared little boy on the road.

look i dont wanna sound like an alex homer but i dont think he is the problem i think it is coaching

the problem with us that we dont have a plan we have a scheme A unfortuantly if that doesnt work we get lost and dont have a scheme B

look at the seahawks and cheifs game for example scheme A did not work at all and we didnt have a scheme B we totally got dominated and looked lost on the field

then look at the saints game honestly the playcalling wasnt different at all the thing was that sceme A worked for us so we were able to move the ball

Yah, sorry, not gonna buy that. Its always something with Smith, talent, OL, coaching, OC's, so and so dropped passes. Well Smith finally got more than enough talent, O-line, better coaching and speaking of coaching he finally got two-years with the same OC and now its his fault. Even back when Norv Turner was OC he looked more timid now than in 2006 playing in KC. The guy is just filled with inconsistency and I'm pretty much over it, time to move on.

I agree that Alex needs to overcome the inconsistency (which he has not done up to this point in his make or break season) in order to stay with the team. In the end his play will decide his future. He is near the end of his rope, and everyone knows it, but I don't think he is at the end yet.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by CrankDatCrabtree:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
What do you guys think about Aaron Rodgers "swag" when he shows off some kind of imaginary wrestling belt around his waist after a score?!

dat swag

lol f*ck Aaron Rodgers! Because everytime I watch how great he plays (with the wrestling belt swag) it breaks my heart.

That is some goofy ass s**t there, so that is what you guys think will make Smith play better? I think the line keeping the defense out of the backfield for more than two seconds might be a little more advantageous. The two games he has been bad, the line played like s**t, the one where he looked on target and on time, the line played lights out. Coincidence? I think not.

HAHA that is friggin great, haters call it what you want but that is called CONFIDENCE, something smith does not have, and guess what? it makes your teamates believe in you more and makes your team better.

The difference between the Seattle and KC games and the NO games was the play of the offensive line, I do not understand how you guys cannot see this.

I am sure it had nothing to do with the 5 sacks and constantly be under pressure.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by CrankDatCrabtree:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
What do you guys think about Aaron Rodgers "swag" when he shows off some kind of imaginary wrestling belt around his waist after a score?!

dat swag

lol f*ck Aaron Rodgers! Because everytime I watch how great he plays (with the wrestling belt swag) it breaks my heart.

That is some goofy ass s**t there, so that is what you guys think will make Smith play better? I think the line keeping the defense out of the backfield for more than two seconds might be a little more advantageous. The two games he has been bad, the line played like s**t, the one where he looked on target and on time, the line played lights out. Coincidence? I think not.

HAHA that is friggin great, haters call it what you want but that is called CONFIDENCE, something smith does not have, and guess what? it makes your teamates believe in you more and makes your team better.

That motherf**ker did that last night. Who does he think he is GSP? I hope he tries for the endzone against us with Pwilly roaming.

talent is there but we arent coaching them properly look at the plays we have been calling there are so similar we run the same plays again and again also our o line is very inconsistant it sucked against seattle good against saints then bad against cheifs

im sure gore would agree cause hes been even more inconsistant than alex
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by MONTANA9ERFAN:

I am sure it had nothing to do with the 5 sacks and constantly be under pressure.

And so and so, I get it.......not Smith's fault.

Nevermind that he throws into double and triple coverage, under throws and over throws his receivers. But look, its not like I'm cheering for him to get injured, to fail, I'll always cheer for him to win, I just don't get my hopes up anymore.

Nevermind that he throws into double and triple coverage, under throws and over throws his receivers. But look, its not like I'm cheering for him to get injured, to fail, I'll always cheer for him to win, I just don't get my hopes up anymore.

I am not saying he hasn't sucked must of his career. I am just saying it is one factor.

The team sucks right now, he is just one (very important) piece.

Back to swagger.
He had it at Utah when they were winning. He hasn't had it since he's gotten beat down in the NFL.
Unfortunately his psyche may be so crushed that if things don't get better now he will end up a shell shocked QB, a la Carr.
[ Edited by MONTANA9ERFAN on Sep 28, 2010 at 9:24 PM ]
Originally posted by dtcomposer:

If you will watch other games without drooling over some other team's QB, you will notice that ALL QB's throw poorly placed passes at least 5-8 times per game. Sometimes the receivers catch them, and sometimes they don't. I have been watching this very closely this year. I dare you to chart this weeks games and see what I mean. It is pretty obvious that Smith is well within the average for a good QB. Smith has other issues, but this ball placement thing is so blown out of proportion.

Fair enough and I invite you to watch for the same without drooling all over Smith. What I've noticed is that Smith's ratio of good passes to bad is the inverse of great QBs in the NFL. Alex's ratio is inline with the rookies and poor to below average guys. More often than not, those guys don't get to play in post season games...

I notice the throws into triple and double coverage too. But i also notice when Raye "opens up" the playbook and we go 3-4 wide...the WRs run these BS 3 yard curls, little outs, hitches, etc. Nothing dramatic and rarely anything to stretch the field.

Again I'm not defending Smith but just throwing out something I noticed.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

I notice the throws into triple and double coverage too. But i also notice when Raye "opens up" the playbook and we go 3-4 wide...the WRs run these BS 3 yard curls, little outs, hitches, etc. Nothing dramatic and rarely anything to stretch the field.

Again I'm not defending Smith but just throwing out something I noticed.

i said the same thing a while back the plays WR make are so predictible and they rarely go over 10 yd routes wich is probally the reason none are ever open
Let me see if I am getting this right: Alex sucks because his stats stink. Well, if that is the standard, then Frank Gore sucks too. Through three games he is ranked 26th among RBs with a 3.7 yard average. He is ranked lower as a RB than Alex is as a QB.

But, but, you say, the play calling is stupid and the line is not opening holes. Excuses, excuses. I rest my case.
Share 49ersWebzone