Shop Find 49ers gear online

Shouldn't Mamamusky be fired too?

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Yea...lets fire him too because our defense had one bad game.

Sea was pretty bad

I'm going to guess that you didn't watch the game.

yes and as stated Brown and Lewis got toasted

If I remember correctly - defense gave up 165 yards in the air and 70 yards on the ground. That's is pretty damn good. If the offense keeps turning the ball over in their half of the field - the other offense (at home) will score points.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
As posted above, one bad game does not overshadow a few years of solid, and sometimes spectacular, defensive play. Manusky is fine.

Also, though I don't think that it is the right move, I think the poster above is correct: When Sing is let go, Manusky will be the coach. Ugh. I would prefer a name brand.

Do you mean interim coach, or promoted next offseason. I actually think the team may try and find a legitimate coach. One that will help buy a stadium.
Originally posted by sdninerfan:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
As posted above, one bad game does not overshadow a few years of solid, and sometimes spectacular, defensive play. Manusky is fine.

Also, though I don't think that it is the right move, I think the poster above is correct: When Sing is let go, Manusky will be the coach. Ugh. I would prefer a name brand.

Do you mean interim coach, or promoted next offseason. I actually think the team may try and find a legitimate coach. One that will help buy a stadium.

Either. I would like to believe what you believe as well, but I've been hurt too many times.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Who's Mama is Musky?

LOL
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
gotta smelly Mama, huh?

i got a relative like that too. we call her Aunt Musky.
Manusky's job is completely Safe.

This Defense has easily outperformed the Offense for the last few years. Sometimes even scoring more points.

The only issue I want brought up by our analysts is why is he not in the booth where he can SEE the whole field and be able to call plays reflecting that as well as the ability to make the necessary halftime adjustments.

Besides this is the 1st that anyone has really said anything bad about his Defense, there has been no RAT talking out of turn about the Defense or his bad play calling the way that there has been the last 2 seasons over Raye's play calling. We were at the point where a couple bad games was Raye's death knell with this team and it happened.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Sep 27, 2010 at 2:44 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
He will be fired next year along with entire staff.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
His defense was shredded into oblivion yesterday.

#1 run defense haha hell no.

Not so much in the first half. But when our O couldn't sustain drives our D got tired and then sucked big time....

Sea was pretty bad

I'm going to guess that you didn't watch the game.

yes and as stated Brown and Lewis got toasted

If I remember correctly - defense gave up 165 yards in the air and 70 yards on the ground. That's is pretty damn good. If the offense keeps turning the ball over in their half of the field - the other offense (at home) will score points.

Point being are weak spots are not getting corrected either. Brown is garbage, Lewis is old, Parys is useless..etc etc Granted we held Sea very well, but they scored on a few fluke blown plays...we cant have that happen. And KC ran all f**king day on us and I didn't seen any adjustments being made.

No -- but they haven't had one "bad game" either.

In fact -- they've been pretty terrible.

There's been a noticeable falloff in the play of the front seven -- and I still can't figure out why.

Our secondary wasn't all that great to begin with -- but those weaknesses were masked by a good D-Line and some great linebacker play.

But that was last year. This year? The play of that front seven hasn't been nearly as good.

Why? If I knew the answer why -- I'd be the Head Coach!

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Point being are weak spots are not getting corrected either. Brown is garbage, Lewis is old, Parys is useless..etc etc Granted we held Sea very well, but they scored on a few fluke blown plays...we cant have that happen. And KC ran all f**king day on us and I didn't seen any adjustments being made.

Originally posted by billbird2111:

There's been a noticeable falloff in the play of the front seven -- and I still can't figure out why.

Our secondary wasn't all that great to begin with -- but those weaknesses were masked by a good D-Line and some great linebacker play.

But that was last year. This year? The play of that front seven hasn't been nearly as good.

We were one of the top defenses before this week's game. Revis gave up a few big plays last year - so does that mean he is no good? This is the NFL - there are going to be some blown coverages, they are going to be some points scored. Baltimore Ravens just gave up a no name RB almost 150 yards on the ground this week. This happens to every team - every great defense.

Let's not go ahead and fire everybody. We finished near the top last year in defense and we will likely finish near the top this year. We have had some trouble in the past with super-fast RBs, just like Peyton Manning has had trouble with 3-4 defenses in general. Doesn't mean you cut him because he has failed to make the adjustments.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Sep 27, 2010 at 2:59 PM ]

I guess the Holdout by our DT has nothing to do with it. ABF is not getting the penetration he normally does on a consistent basis.

He doesn't have the conditioning that he would have gotten had he Camped.

This is easy to see. No need to be the HC to notice that it has also impacted the chemistry of the unit.

~Ceadder

3 bad games

We were one of the top defenses before this week's game. Revis gave up a few big plays last year - so does that mean he is no good? This is the NFL - there are going to be some blown coverages, they are going to be some points scored. Baltimore Ravens just gave up a no name RB almost 150 yards on the ground this week. This happens to every team - every great defense.

Let's not go ahead and fire everybody. We finished near the top last year in defense and we will likely finish near the top this year. We have had some trouble in the past with super-fast RBs, just like Peyton Manning has had trouble with 3-4 defenses in general. Doesn't mean you cut him because he has failed to make the adjustments.

So that means we are going to get slaughtered this week, right. ANother fast team on carpet. Im very, very worried as should most realist niner fans.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niner1680:

3 bad games

Which ones? Before you respond, can you please look at the stats and how many yards our defense gave up? Looking at total points is misleading.
Share 49ersWebzone