Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 456 users in the forums

If you were the coach of the 49ers this season..

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Otter
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,936
I'd slap my offense and tell them to act like a man.



And then make them an offer they couldn't refuse.
1. Throw to Crabtree 15x next game on slants, bubble screens, deep outs, post corners, backside fades, everything!!! I want to see the ball in his hands early and often.
2. Let Westbrook share the RB load with Gore. Enough with the BS of #21 is the bell cow. Well we are 0-4 with #21 as the bell cow. Get Westbrook involved ASAP. He can also run some screens, slants, etc mentioned above for Crabtree.
3. Start Ginn over Josh Morgan. We have to bring a speed presence on the field other than Vernon down the seam. With Ginn on the outside running deep that could take some of the attention from safeties away from Vernon.
3A. Bench Tarrell Brown or reduce him to #4 status. He makes no plays whatsoever. Invisible.

I could go on and on but I dont know how a defense would react with Vernon, Gore, Crab, Ginn and Westbrook on the field together. What do you take away? We have some players and really need to use them ALL. That would be my top priority.
dump either T.Smith or D.Carr, promote N.Davis and let him get some meaningful snaps so that he can replace smith midseason.
1. Bench Chilo. Keep Snyder at Guard.
2. Bench Morgan.
3. Limit Frank Gore up the gut to 5 times a game.
4. Start using crossing patterns and screen passes.
5. Start giving Troy Smith a few series per game. At this point in time, Alex's confidence is so low, might as well experiment.
6. Be more aggressive on blitzes.
7. Keep Mike Singletary away from any offensive game plans.
1) Rotate the running backs. Frank Gore is over used. Let Dixon and Westbrook have some touches.

2) More Ziegler. No. 2 with Crabtree.

3) Get that punt returner in the slot receiver position from time to time. We need more speed from the WR position.

4) Give Alex Smith a game-to-game leash. From here forward, if TDs and wins don't come at a 2:1 ratio, Alex will sit and never win another starting QB position in the NFL.

5) Bring the pressure on defense relentlessly. We need to increase our forced turnovers.
Start Troy Smith
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
Start Troy Smith

any change would be good
[ Edited by SybErkRimInAL on Oct 4, 2010 at 3:15 PM ]
I'll pretend I'm the OC:

1. RUN TO THE f**kING OUTSIDE. My god. I was angry that we STILL didn't do that.


2. A lot more Zeigler. A LOT. Dude has glue hands. He should be out there as a slot a lot more than not.

3. Kyle Williams hasn't even TOUCHED the field not as a returner. Gimme a break!!

4. And westbrook.. my god. GET HIM OUT THERE!
Originally posted by BSofSF:
1) Rotate the running backs. Frank Gore is over used. Let Dixon and Westbrook have some touches.

2) More Ziegler. No. 2 with Crabtree.

3) Get that punt returner in the slot receiver position from time to time. We need more speed from the WR position.

4) Give Alex Smith a game-to-game leash. From here forward, if TDs and wins don't come at a 2:1 ratio, Alex will sit and never win another starting QB position in the NFL.

5) Bring the pressure on defense relentlessly. We need to increase our forced turnovers.

While I don't agree with point 4 (yet) that looks like a reasonable list to me. In addition to what you've suggested, I would like to see the hurry up used during the opening and middle portions of the game.
Originally posted by dobo:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
dump either T.Smith or D.Carr, promote N.Davis and let him get some meaningful snaps so that he can replace smith midseason.

If Nate Davis ever amounts to anything in the NFL, I will let you out of your blowies promises to me.

he wont because Singletary will continue to publicly bash him and keep him on the P.S.































Originally posted by WestCoast:
-bench smith

-dump david carr and add n.davis to roster

-play troy smith for a game, then maybe n.davis

-actually use brian westbrook and anthony dixon


Excellent call. THIS.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I'll pretend I'm the OC:

1. RUN TO THE f**kING OUTSIDE. My god. I was angry that we STILL didn't do that.

2. A lot more Zeigler. A LOT. Dude has glue hands. He should be out there as a slot a lot more than not.

3. Kyle Williams hasn't even TOUCHED the field not as a returner. Gimme a break!!

4. And westbrook.. my god. GET HIM OUT THERE!

Just to answer you on some of your points.

1. While we did, run up the middle quite a bit, we did in fact take it to the outside on a couple plays. I remember one play in particular, we ran a power sweep from our 10 yard line that went for about 12 yards and a 1st down.

2. I agree here, but I'm waiting to see Ginn come back first. I hope he's healthy for the Eagles game. I think Ginn offers more in terms of flexibility.

3. Warranted.

4. I don't think Westbrook will ever see extensive playing time at RB. Gore just never wants to come off the field. Even when we had all pre-season pro Coffee last year, Gore never came off the field.

In summary, I think we'll see more adjustments as the season progresses. Too bad it will be too little too late.

-9fA
My honest answer: bigmike,BM, be the man i always thot you were, and fire yourself. That's it, come in tomorrow and say, guys, i have failed you, failed the fans, failed myself. I never had the training for this job and didn't deserve it. I am resigning tomorrow if yorks will pay me out...okay, pay me 50 cents on the dollar and i'm gone.

Do i think it will happen? No because the guy is too hardheaded. But i think another loss and he is gone before we hit game 9. My guess is one more loss before the break and he's toast, or one more embarrassment , like SEA and he is gone.

Of all the things he could do, this would be the most significant as to improving our team.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
My honest answer: bigmike,BM, be the man i always thot you were, and fire yourself. That's it, come in tomorrow and say, guys, i have failed you, failed the fans, failed myself. I never had the training for this job and didn't deserve it. I am resigning tomorrow if yorks will pay me out...okay, pay me 50 cents on the dollar and i'm gone.

Do i think it will happen? No because the guy is too hardheaded. But i think another loss and he is gone before we hit game 9. My guess is one more loss before the break and he's toast, or one more embarrassment , like SEA and he is gone.

Of all the things he could do, this would be the most significant as to improving our team.

When has a HC ever resigned midseason? I don't think it has anything to do with being hard-headed.

-9fA
I would get rid of Zeilger shows A LOT of promise. I think that Crabs is getting better and was very sure handed in that game. I would trade gore to a week team for their # 1 overall so that we can get Either Jake Locker or Andrew Luck. It is hard to say witch one is better but we shall see. Personally I like Locker because he is the only bright spot on a horrible washington team; I think that is really impresive. He is a great scrambler so I see him being a Steve Young type player. I would also get rid of Takeo Spikes and replace him with Bowman. Alex will be gone unless he shows that he can be an elite nfl qb not just an average one.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone