LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 419 users in the forums

"We will stop Drew Brees!" -Did we?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

"We will stop Drew Brees!" -Did we?

Drew Brees 28/38 Yards: 254 TD:2 INT:0 Rating: 108.9

A. Smith 23/32 Yards: 275 TD: 1 INT: 2 Rating: 82.2
did you watch the game, hater????
yes we did. if we didn't brees would've had 300+ yards, 3 tds and the score will be totally different.
[ Edited by niner4ever12 on Sep 23, 2010 at 8:30 PM ]
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
did you watch the game, hater????

no point it making big statements if you aren't held accountable for them.
  • Veteran
If we did, then how come we lost?
not necessarily dead in his tracks, but we didn't get steamrolled either. ipretty sure that's the idea sing was lookin for.
stopped him? no. Contained him? Yes. That is more than enough for me. Defense did a good job. Anyone complaining about that defensive effort is plain spoiled.
we did untill the last drive if it werent for that last drive he would have like what 220 yds thats pretty much stopping him
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
stopped him? no. Contained him? Yes. That is more than enough for me. Defense did a good job. Anyone complaining about that defensive effort is plain spoiled.

this.

first time he hasn't thrown for 300+ yards on MNF in I forgot how many games? like 5 or 6

for us to keep him under 300 yards is a nice confidence boost for our D...
Aside from that statement, he was pretty accurate with his other declarations.. "Alex will play well", "We will move the ball", and "We will score". Came kinda close to stopping Brees..

how can this be split 50/50?

He drove his team down for the win.
we failed to stop him when it mattered most, plain and simple.
It was his lowest yardage total since early 2008.
we stoped him enough to win the game,our problem was that we found a way to lose by turning over the ball,beating ourselves has been an on going problem with this team
yap until the last play of the game where he had that 30 yard pass
Share 49ersWebzone