There are 603 users in the forums
The Best News I've Heard Today RE: Norris and Byham
Sep 21, 2010 at 1:40 PM
- lamontb
- Veteran
- Posts: 33,335
Yea I noticed that. You can always find a good use for a TE from BYU. Do that dirty work and he will see a few more passes his way during the season.
Sep 21, 2010 at 1:42 PM
- valrod33
- Hall of Small
- Posts: 138,120
Good
Sep 21, 2010 at 1:44 PM
- verb1der
- Member
- Posts: 15,613
Member Milestone:
This is post number 900 for verb1der.
But...but...Norris is Gore's best friend!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2010 at 1:44 PM
- chico49erfan
- Veteran
- Posts: 13,961
Originally posted by valrod33:
Good
Sep 21, 2010 at 1:44 PM
- 49ersRednGold
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 17,863
Originally posted by lamontb:
Yea I noticed that. You can always find a good use for a TE from BYU. Do that dirty work and he will see a few more passes his way during the season.
He's from Pittsburg, but yes, the more he proves to be a warrior on the field and the more he learns, the more opportunities he is going to get. I was quite surprised by his pass-catching ability. When we first drafted him, I thought he was Billy Bajema part II, but Baalke has done a great job to find gems and value in the 2010 draft class.
Sep 21, 2010 at 1:45 PM
- GolittaCamper
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,279
Norris looked confused when carrying the ball last night, I actually laughed out loud at the site, of Norris running with the ball.!
Sep 21, 2010 at 1:45 PM
- OnTheClock
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 38,584
I agree. With this being more of a passing league these days, I would be a strong proponent of carrying two H-backs, or just one H-back and open up a roster spot for someone else -- DB, WR, LB, DL, whatever. Norris is not proving himself as anything so special that he has to be kept. As soon as the coaching staff sees that Byham can block just as well, in addition to having better pass-catching ability, Norris will have next to no value on this team. Sure, you could argue ST's, but there are a plethora of other young players who could fill that role (for less money too).
Sep 21, 2010 at 1:45 PM
- NCommand
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 123,365
Yeah, Moron Norris killed us on two key plays last night...he got called on a hold on a huge return and I'm totally drawing a blank on the other one now. Help me out here. He did do a fine job of lead blocking though.
Sep 21, 2010 at 1:47 PM
- Allx9er
- Veteran
- Posts: 11,692
byham will eat into walkers reps too
Sep 21, 2010 at 1:48 PM
- mayo49
- Veteran
- Posts: 65,216
Yeah, Byham is a keeper.
Sep 21, 2010 at 1:49 PM
- HessianDud
- Veteran
- Posts: 22,995
been very impressed with Byham so far. Expected him to be a decent blocker, but he's been better than advertised, IMO. And his catching ability is WAY more than I expected. It would be great to see him get an expanded role as the season goes on.
Sep 21, 2010 at 1:50 PM
- Shifty
- Veteran
- Posts: 23,429
Byham has been solid for sure, I still think Norris is solid strictly as a blocker, but yeah I like what I have seen from Byham
Sep 21, 2010 at 1:50 PM
- Joecool
- Veteran
- Posts: 70,984
Originally posted by HessianDud:
been very impressed with Byham so far. Expected him to be a decent blocker, but he's been better than advertised, IMO. And his catching ability is WAY more than I expected. It would be great to see him get an expanded role as the season goes on.
This draft keeps getting better.
Sep 21, 2010 at 1:51 PM
- 49ersRednGold
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 17,863
Originally posted by Allx9er:
byham will eat into walkers reps too
I was thinking that as well and how can you not when Walker had that costly fumble. But right now, I'll take Byham replacing Norris and giving Smith another weapon and in this case a secret weapon.