LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Coach Singletary Thread (General Topics)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If Sing returns I will be looking forward to the off season in August
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I might have to take a sabbatical from the 49ers if Singletary is back.
Originally posted by kray28:

"The Faithful"
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

"The Faithful"

Faithful for close to 25 years....that should tell you something. I've been loyal beyond belief. I wouldn't find another team to root for, I'd just skip the NFL until the Niners finally did something to get better.
Originally posted by English:

"The Faithful"

Faithful for close to 25 years....that should tell you something. I've been loyal beyond belief. I wouldn't find another team to root for, I'd just skip the NFL until the Niners finally did something to get better.

Yeah, I'd probably do the same, why waste the energy?
Do we have 6 losses if we don't commit an average of 3+ turnovers a game during those first 5 games?

I think our record is 6-3 if we don't have those crazy dumb turnovers early in the season.

KC is the only obvious game the coaches lost.

Still Singletary needs to be replaced because this team can be dominant with proper coaching. With Singletary, it will always be an 8-10 win team.
I wish he would get a separated neck and we could put him on IR for the remainder of the season. He obviously isn't helping and his motivational BS isn't working in the penalty department.
There is zero doubt in my mind that if we make it to the playoffs, all will be forgive. A.Smith and J.Raye will be the scapegoat.

I still have know idea what Sing does? He doesn't call plays, he doesn't watch the clock. What the heck does he do on the sideline besides throw temper tantrums?
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
There is zero doubt in my mind that if we make it to the playoffs, all will be forgive. A.Smith and J.Raye will be the scapegoat.

I still have know idea what Sing does? He doesn't call plays, he doesn't watch the clock. What the heck does he do on the sideline besides throw temper tantrums?

If Sing makes the playoffs, then I think he gives a convincing, very convincing end of season interview. He has the facts of why we lost early in the season and if he uses those, he will be very convincing. He also has some solid scapegoats:

1. Raye
2. Alex
3. Player bonehead turnovers

He can even blame the KC loss on Raye. He can also take credit for finding, if everything continues as it has, a very capable OC from nowhere and making the decision to switch along with Troy Smith. Hell, he can even convince Jed that Mike Johnson could be a project into being the HC (of course, this will be only to keep his job).

This is all IF we make the playoffs.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
we need a real CB before we need a QB

I very much disagree. I'd take a franchise QB any day over a top CB. A franchise QB has a lot to do with winning games more than a CB, who'd eliminate only half the field while the opposing QB could still pick apart the other half. Right now the only thing missing a offense is a QB. On defense we still need or aren't set at the NT, LB and Safety positions.

Ahhh Kolohe, there is a fine line between franchise qb and a bust, Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, Alex Smith, franchise QB's all, then it turned midnight and they turned into either a pumkin or a toad.

Originally posted by Joecool:

If Sing makes the playoffs, then I think he gives a convincing, very convincing end of season interview. He has the facts of why we lost early in the season and if he uses those, he will be very convincing. He also has some solid scapegoats:

1. Raye
2. Alex

He can even blame the KC loss on Raye. He can also take credit for finding, if everything continues as it has, a very capable OC from nowhere and making the decision to switch along with Troy Smith. Hell, he can even convince Jed that Mike Johnson could be a project into being the HC (of course, this will be only to keep his job).

You know what sucks? I'm almost convinced just reading your post...
Originally posted by Joecool:

1. Raye
2. Alex

You know what sucks? I'm almost convinced just reading your post...

Know what? I don't think Dingleberry is in control of the team anymore. I really don't.

It's just conjecture. I have no proof for you. No links. No "dad-gum Yahoo" stuff. It's just the feeling I get when I watch the man at the podium after games and on news conference Mondays.

That traditional Singletary fire? GONE! That ZIP? GONE! The bravado? VANISHED LIKE A FART IN THE WIND!

He gives every impression through body language -- voice and response that he is no longer running the show in 49er land. He gives every impression that someone is yanking his chain.

One more thing? He doesn't like it either. Which is why he's giving off these "SIGNS" that something isn't quite right in Dingleberry land.

Whatever. If there's someone else calling the shots? It's working. Don't mess with the formula son. Just keep drinking that koolaid until it turns sour.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Coming from someone who wants Singletary fired, he really is in a no-win (ha) situation. He doesn't know the nuances of being a head coach because he's never been one. I don't think there is anyone on the staff who has been one. There isn't anyone if the front office that he can lean on as a sounding board because Jed is too green, narcissistic to think that he needs help. He doesn't know offense nor how to develop/manage a young QB.

The Yorks are too shallow-minded to think that it takes more than passion/emotion to be a successful HC, which is why they failed with Nolan/Singletary. Could Mariucci gameplan?
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
This is a dumb question, but why does he wear a headset if he's not going to use it? I know a lot of you all fed up with just looking at him, but I challenge you to watch him "coach." I don't ever see him speak into the headset, and watching him coach the players is like watching a dad talk to his kid in little league.
"Playing it safe is the most popular way to fail."

- Elliot Smith
Share 49ersWebzone