There are 135 users in the forums

Alex smith is about to be on KNBR!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by Joecool:
LOL!!!!

The Razor told Alex that he's one of the better running QBs in the league.

Really? Is he watching the same QB because I haven't seen thus yet.

I heard Ralph say this on Monday also. He said Alex is a good running QB, but he never runs. Ralf said he should run more. I think that is why he told Alex that.

Thats the kiss of death, when people start telling a NFL QB that they should run more. lol

He should run more. When the line is breaking down that can be a huge tool in winning games. When we were 2-0 to start 2007 a big reason for those two wins was Alex's running for 1st downs. He also has a couple big runs in the third game against the Steelers, which was actually a winnable game.
Originally posted by Gavintech:
LOL!!!!

I heard Ralph say this on Monday also. He said Alex is a good running QB, but he never runs. Ralf said he should run more. I think that is why he told Alex that.

Thats the kiss of death, when people start telling a NFL QB that they should run more. lol

He should run more. When the line is breaking down that can be a huge tool in winning games. When we were 2-0 to start 2007 a big reason for those two wins was Alex's running for 1st downs. He also has a couple big runs in the third game against the Steelers, which was actually a winnable game.

I'm wondering if he's afraid to get hurt.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
LOL!!!!

You obviously turn a blind eye to it.

Alex Smith has a REPUTATION as a running QB since his college days.

He never runs in the NFL. He doesn't know when he should or shouldn't. Just another testament to his inability to read what's going in front of him and react quickly enough to make a decision.

What do you mean? He runs to the right just before he chucks the ball OB.
LOL!!!!

He sure developed bad habits while playing under Nolan, who told him not to run, and playing behind a porous O Line that had him running for his life. Even if Sing/Raye has not continued Nolan's instruction of NOT TO RUN he seems to revert back to those bad habits developed when things aren't going well. I highly doubt he's afraid to run. He's just developed a habit of not running.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
LOL!!!!

He sure developed bad habits while playing under Nolan, who told him not to run, and playing behind a porous O Line that had him running for his life. Even if Sing/Raye has not continued Nolan's instruction of NOT TO RUN he seems to revert back to those bad habits developed when things aren't going well. I highly doubt he's afraid to run. He's just developed a habit of not running.

I remember that he was the 2nd leading rusher behind Gore. GORE!
Ralph is just going off of Alex's supposed 4.6 forty time. Bottom line, though, is that I have never seen him juke anyone, and he has zero escapability. Except for the rolll right thingy that he does.
  • Jiks
I think instead of sitting hear beotching for hours upon hours about our playcalling and QB play, many of you should use all these hour you spend on here wisely and go to school and become a coach or player yourselves. Seeing how many know so much about football and how things should be run it just seems like it's time less wasted, you know? I dunno... Seems like common sense to me, but what do I know? I just sit behind a screen and act as if I know what's the haps. That's what I do.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I think instead of sitting hear beotching for hours upon hours about our playcalling and QB play, many of you should use all these hour you spend on here wisely and go to school and become a coach or player yourselves. Seeing how many know so much about football and how things should be run it just seems like it's time less wasted, you know? I dunno... Seems like common sense to me, but what do I know? I just sit behind a screen and act as if I know what's the haps. That's what I do.

Share 49ersWebzone