There are 171 users in the forums

Alex smith is about to be on KNBR!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by redrathman:

So much anger.

I guess it's better projected on Alex Smith than your kids or wife.

Low Blow dude. Uncalled for, warnable offense imo. You don't know Sus.

Sus is Indian, I have no doubt that if/when he's married, he's thought about beating his wife and has definitely beat his kids.

What'd the left hand say to the face?! SLAPPPPPP

Awl man.

The kid is smart enough to handle an interview well and avoid getting baited. I just wish he could execute plays with greater accuracy and touch on the damn football field where it counts.

[ Edited by 49ERwhiner on Sep 15, 2010 at 23:50:42 ]
LOL!!!!

The Razor told Alex that he's one of the better running QBs in the league.

Really? Is he watching the same QB because I haven't seen thus yet.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
LOL!!!!

I heard Ralph say this on Monday also. He said Alex is a good running QB, but he never runs. Ralf said he should run more. I think that is why he told Alex that.

[ Edited by pd24 on Sep 16, 2010 at 07:53:18 ]
LOL!!!!

You obviously turn a blind eye to it.
Originally posted by pd24:
LOL!!!!

I heard Ralph say this on Monday also. He said Alex is a good running QB, but he never runs. Ralf said he should run more. I think that is why he told Alex that.

Exatcly. He was wondering why they don't run a option on those 4th and 1s.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by seeking6th:
great... more lip service!

blah blah blah, da da da, sha na na...... go find your heart and play football, dude!

while he's looking for his heart, might wanna keep an eye out for his balls as well.

Seriously though this dude needs to shut the f**k up. He f**king sucks big time, just shut up and keep sucking, nobody wants to hear his well thought out answers.

So much anger.

So is your racism.

How many white coaches, who are better suited for an OC position in the NFL were passed over for old a$$ Raye?

Better yet, count up the amount of white hires and then compare them to the Black hires. Then look at who else was avialable who was a better candidate, that wasn't black, especially in light of league trends at the time of the hire.

Like I said, it stinks to me......

[ Edited by redrathman on Sep 16, 2010 at 09:55:56 ]
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
LOL!!!!

Exatcly. He was wondering why they don't run a option on those 4th and 1s.

Since Alex's shoulder injury he seems a lot less mobile/apt to taking risks, in fact it seems more or less like Alex has packed on a lot of muscle so he isn't as quick as he was since 2007!

Although I do remember Alex (pulling) in the Texans game last season the EXACT scramble he had at Seattle in 2006 (it was deja vu in fact, cause I recall Alex slipping Mario Williams off of his left arm to run for a first down).
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by seeking6th:
great... more lip service!

blah blah blah, da da da, sha na na...... go find your heart and play football, dude!

while he's looking for his heart, might wanna keep an eye out for his balls as well.

Seriously though this dude needs to shut the f**k up. He f**king sucks big time, just shut up and keep sucking, nobody wants to hear his well thought out answers.

So much anger.

So is your racism.

How many white coaches, who are better suited for an OC position in the NFL were passed over for old a$$ Raye?

Better yet, count up the amount of white hires and then compare them to the Black hires. Then look at who else was avialable who was a better candidate, that wasn't black, especially in light of league trends at the time of the hire.

Like I said, it stinks to me......

that
Originally posted by Gavintech:
LOL!!!!

Alex Smith has a REPUTATION as a running QB since his college days.

He never runs in the NFL. He doesn't know when he should or shouldn't. Just another testament to his inability to read what's going in front of him and react quickly enough to make a decision.

Originally posted by Leathaface:
LOL!!!!

Alex Smith has a REPUTATION as a running QB since his college days.

He never runs in the NFL. He doesn't know when he should or shouldn't. Just another testament to his inability to read what's going in front of him and react quickly enough to make a decision.

This is exactly what I meant and didn't feel the need to explain it to Niners fans. Where is Ralph exactly basing his statement that Alex is one of the better running QBs in the league off of? Six years in the NFL and how many times has Alex actually ran? Has he shown to be a threat to run that could change the way a team plays him or our passing game? Teams would always need to make sure they have a plan for Steve Young and that would change their defense slightly.

We don't even know how well Alex can run if he can run at all. We have only seen some wide open straight ahead runs but can he make a defender miss for that extra 2 or 10 yards? Shaun Hill showed more running the ball. Hell, David Carr showed more in preseason running the ball.
He's specifically asked not to run. Has been that way since his rookie year, Nolan even vocalized it. You can still see if when he has a chance to run but doesn't cross the LOS so he can still throw the ball. When he has he's had good success.
He's specifically asked not to run. Has been that way since his rookie year, Nolan even vocalized it. You can still see if when he has a chance to run but doesn't cross the LOS so he can still throw the ball. When he has he's had good success.

Michael Vick is also told to not run as much but does that mean he never should? I don't know, the steps on the learning curve need to be extremely small for him. It's like he just can't learn more than one thing at a time or he just doesn't consistently have those instincts that he is capable of displaying to really punish a defensive coordinator.

The throw to an open receiver is fine if he sees the open receiver but there are many times where he immediately funnels himself to the right for a throw away.
LOL!!!!

alex looks like a young mike vick when he runs
LOL!!!!

Thats the kiss of death, when people start telling a NFL QB that they should run more. lol
Share 49ersWebzone