Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
here is someone who heard the interview

Quote:
Wow! Just listened to the Murph & Mike clip. Amazing. Samurai Mike has gone delusional. Here are some of his direct quotes regarding Alex Smith:

Last week, before Sunday's debacle, on where Alex stands entering the season: "I'll let Alex show you with his play."

This week:

"He made plays. He took the team up and down the field." WHAT?

"In the 1st half of that game, he played about as well as any qb in the league."
WHAT? WHAT?

"He had maybe 1 or 2 bad throws in the game." WHOA!

On being asked whether he considered putting in Carr: "That was very disappointing to me." WHAT? WHY?

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/09/singletary-bull.html#ixzz0zWpvhvaE

*sigh*

He was moving us up and down the field but Alex didnt execute when we got to to the goal line. he was getting us into position to score he and the team couldnt convert those opportunities.

You guys are so blinded by your hate for him that you cant and wont see anything positive about his play.

In the 2nd half Alex played like s**t. He better step up this week

Hard to execute when there is no play coming in to be executed...

Alex has the ability to call a play on his own. Raye even said it.

Im an Alex "homer" but he is part of the blame for what happened in Seattle

Raye is full of sh*t

Our OC can't get a play to the QB in less than 25 seconds (I "think" it is still a 40 sec playclock and 15 sec cutout mode) but he is going to say oh Alex can instantly choose his own play and get it going in less than 15 seconds when he realizes I fell asleep at the wheel.

We are talking about CRITICAL game changing plays and our OC is just going to pass the buck like that?

Our coaching staff is full of slow dim-witted fools. They can't think 1 step ahead.

Did you see the MNF game? Sanchez gets 2 plays to him and he can kill one if the defense looks bad. He gets TWO plays and we can't get one.

Wristbands FTW! We need to do this. Alex is a book worm type. This will work for him.

Having said that, relying on Sanchez' performance last night to support your argument might not be the best move. Just sayin'.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Wristbands FTW! We need to do this. Alex is a book worm type. This will work for him.

Having said that, relying on Sanchez' performance last night to support your argument might not be the best move. Just sayin'.
I wasn't referring to his performance but the ability to relay an offensive playcall from the OC to the QB before the helmet cuts off communication (something 31/32 NFL teams seem capable of)

However, your point is noted. Thanks

I wasn't referring to his performance but the ability to relay an offensive playcall from the OC to the QB before the helmet cuts off communication (something 31/32 NFL teams seem capable of)

Busting your chops, dude. Nothing more.

I agree that there is no excuse for failing at such a basic function.

Having thought about it, I do think that the best solution for this team is the wristband: List the plays with numbers and have Raye and Johnson just call the numbers down to Smith. Smith then calls out the play in full in the huddle.

Having thought about it, I do think that the best solution for this team is the wristband: List the plays with numbers and have Raye and Johnson just call the numbers down to Smith. Smith then calls out the play in full in the huddle.
The wristband seems like the obvious thing to do, of course we won't do it.
FIRE JIMMY RAYE
Originally posted by Mike Singletary:
"There are certain defenses that it calls for that corner jumping that route," Singletary said. "Now, it's down to the technique he has to use in jumping that route. It's one thing if the quarterback pumps and the DB just goes ahead and totally abandons anything else and could leave somebody else exposed. There's a way to do it and a way not to do it, and the thing that we're going to have to do, I thought Nate did a good job yesterday for the most part, and I know the play that you're talking about and it looks like he just totally lost his mind on the play, but I think we have to do a better job as coaches as well to make sure that there's no gray, and there's a little bit of gray in that particular defense, which is why we don't run it very much, but we just have to take the gray out of it and Nate will be fine."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=72277#ixzz0zX7mfJSs

this really pissed me off.
Originally posted by SVcabron1980:

The wristband seems like the obvious thing to do, of course we won't do it.

Is this only an issue with teams that have the O coordinator in the booth? There are 30 other teams that seem to be able to get the play in just fine. Do they all wear wristbands?
If Singletary can't see that Smith played like s**t in that game, he's not only an idiot (which I already believe he is) but he's also delusional.

This is getting sad. I can't believe I waited all off season and bought into the hype that his sorry ass excuse for a QB was going to lead us.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
If Singletary can't see that Smith played like s**t in that game, he's not only an idiot (which I already believe he is) but he's also delusional.

This is getting sad. I can't believe I waited all off season and bought into the hype that his sorry ass excuse for a QB was going to lead us.

A lot of us feel that way. Especially guys like me who have been calling for Smith's head for a while but like someone posted earlier we have no other choice now. Season is here and we're stuck with Alex Smith and David Carr. Pick your poison
Sing is way off. Smith's second half was the worst of his career point blank. I think even Smith would acknowledge that. He went all 2005 on us in the 2nd half.

Only thing I agree with is Smith did play well in the 1st quarter. Had he played all 4 quarters the way he played in quarter 1...we win...plain and simple.

Sing should have said.."NO I didnt consider Carr...but as a starter you CANNOT have those meltdowns and implosions like he did...and I'm sure he knows that it cant happen again."

Boom...that pretty much tells him.."We have faith in you but don't fvck with me."

Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Singletary is officially an idiot. If he thinks most of Smith's throws were outstanding, then he is going to lose not only the media, but also the locker room and the fan base. Rule #1 of being a respected leader is to not blow sunshine up people's asses undeservedly. Now if he really believe what he said and didn't intend to blow sunshine, then we have an even bigger problem.

Bill Cowher in red and gold in 2011!!!!!

All the reports after the game were that Sing called out Alex for his play.

Before he watched the film.

Once he did see it I think he realized, like anyone with the ability for critical though process, that Smith played much better than people think and he did make a lot of outstanding throws.

I agree that Alex made some good throws but he did make some bad throws. I also agree that he didnt play as bad as everyone says he did.

The plays Alex f**ked up on were huge though and thats all anybody will remember

he needs to turn it around this week

I don't know that he F'd up on any of the huge plays.

The called-back TD to Morgan? Was it too high? Was Morgan supposed to be a yard further back in the end zone? I am not arrogant enough to say I know. It was real close either way and could have EASILY been a TD.

The Norris non-TD was a GREAT throw, Norris just decided to turn around at the 5 yd line and take himself out of the play for some unknown reason.

The 1st Crabtree pick was 100% Crabtree.

The 2nd pick could have been all on Smith or all on Crabtree. We don't know. It looks to me like Crabtree ran the wrong route. Either way it wasn't necessarily a poorly thrown ball, he threw it to where he thought the receiver would be. Either Crabtree or Alex made a mistake on the route. Was the receiver supposed to be there or did Crabtree do everything right? NOT ONE OF US KNOWS THE ANSWER.

The throw to Ginn. Who knows? Did Ginn look over the wrong shoulder or did Smith throw it to the wrong place? It's not like those are completed on a regular basis in the NFL though. Rodgers, Romo, and Manning throw those passes all game long and complete maybe 25% of them. The 49ers went for it ONCE in the whole game. I don;t know why people think Smith can't make that play because he didn't complete 100% of them in the first game of the season.

What Smith did very wrong is break down as the entire team started breaking down. In the 2nd half when the O line play got even worse and the D disappeared Smith reverted to his old bad habits... Rolling right when the pocket broke down instead of stepping up into it and making a throw, making poor throws on the run, throwing high, etc. But until that point he played just fine. Not great but plenty good enough to win an NFL game if the rest of the team was playing well.

This is the same s**t you could say for about 75% of A. Smiths games. Which is probably his losing percentage.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Sing is way off. Smith's second half was the worst of his career point blank. I think even Smith would acknowledge that. He went all 2005 on us in the 2nd half.

Only thing I agree with is Smith did play well in the 1st quarter. Had he played all 4 quarters the way he played in quarter 1...we win...plain and simple.

Sing should have said.."NO I didnt consider Carr...but as a starter you CANNOT have those meltdowns and implosions like he did...and I'm sure he knows that it cant happen again."

Boom...that pretty much tells him.."We have faith in you but don't fvck with me."

This is the main reason I'm still pissed and the bold isn't only for Alex Smith. It seems as though the entire team still thinks it has a mulligan and have completely dismissed their play in the second half of the game.

That Elephant still hasn't been addressed.

Hey Matt M. or Matt B!! I know you guys skim this forum so ask Sing what he thought about the fact that the team gave up after that pick 6? That is NOT a good sign.

I wonder if it's because the coaches didn't have answers to what SEA was doing and the players just kept playing and sticking with the original plan. Players aren't stupid, they won't play if they don't believe in the plan and they f**ken stopped playing.
this Moran thiks we are stupid like him, Sing that is ,

he wants to bring Ray down as if the play calling going to change

trying to convince us that Alex's throws are perfect

And Craptree did not learn or can't learn the playbook just like who Nate Davis the best pure passer on the team. and Craptree the best WR on the team . if this Moran can't coach them up than its him , this is coaching not motivational speaking Sing !
Originally posted by cNiner:
this Moran thiks we are stupid like him, Sing that is ,

he wants to bring Ray down as if the play calling going to change

trying to convince us that Alex's throws are perfect

And Craptree did not learn or can't learn the playbook just like who Nate Davis the best pure passer on the team. and Craptree the best WR on the team . if this Moran can't coach them up than its him , this is coaching not motivational speaking Sing !
oh the ironing

[ Edited by valrod33 on Sep 14, 2010 at 13:06:48 ]
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Leathaface:

Singletary is full of it...
Share 49ersWebzone