LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 185 users in the forums

Sing on Alex - "most of the throws that he made were outstanding."

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/09/singletary-bull.html
Quote:
arguing that Smith only had "one or two bad throws in the game."

"The most important thing is that I back Alex," he said. "I'm excited about what I saw in that game. Some of the throws that he made were outstanding, most of the throws that he made were outstanding. And I think for the couple of throws that were not good - very, very, very correctable. That's where I'm at."

not this sh1t again!!!!!!!!!

haven't our coaches learned?...hasn't Sing learned from Nolan....babying Alex does not work...try something different....I'm not saying throw him under the bus, but don't BS to us..just to not hurt his feelings....as if that is going to affect his play of something.....MAN UP!...and make ALEX MAN UP...and lets see what that does...

fuuuuu......not again man....not this BS again

[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 14, 2010 at 10:16:13 ]
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
i dont think it was all his fault but come on sing, he was clearly off on quite a few passes. im one of the big smith supporters on here but ill admit what i saw. hopefully singletary is right but whatever the case may be they need to fix it soon. heres the linkage.

[ Edited by hondakillerzx on Sep 14, 2010 at 10:16:26 ]
Same ol B.S
More Alex smith threads
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Quote:
arguing that Smith only had "one or two bad throws in the game."

"The most important thing is that I back Alex," he said. "I'm excited about what I saw in that game. Some of the throws that he made were outstanding, most of the throws that he made were outstanding. And I think for the couple of throws that were not good - very, very, very correctable. That's where I'm at."

not this sh1t again!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I heard the interview on the radio this morning....and first thing that came to mind when I heard it: uh-oh...here comes on new thread in niner talk
Singletary sure doesn't disappoint, new day comes new thread..
Barrows with the subliminal URL haha! Love that guy!
Originally posted by valrod33:
More Alex smith threads

ya i didnt wanna post it but i was thinking this falls into the "singletary's bulls**t" kinda thread

Sing's comments = FAIL.
He needs to keep Alex's confidence up. He can't throw him under the bus. If you watch the game again a lot of Alex's throws were great just not as memorable as the bad ones. They didn't allow him to open it up.
I hate this company line. It will be this same story up until the day Alex gets benched. Then, the story will change to Alex hasn't been performing in the games as well as he did on the practice field and we feel David gives us the best chance to win right now...
Originally posted by dobo:
"babying Alex does not work...try something different....I'm not saying throw him under the bus, but don't BS to us..just to not hurt his feelings...."

Alex hasn't been babied. He's been through a lot with this organization. The fact that he's maintained his professionalism and fought his way back to being a starter says a lot about him.

Agreed, but Sing is nuts with these comments. I hope that it is just a matter of him putting a positive spin to the media, while internally making it clear to Smith that Smith MUST play better.
Share 49ersWebzone