LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 323 users in the forums

Sing on Alex - "most of the throws that he made were outstanding."

Shop Find 49ers gear online
the url tells it like it is
and the on-going breast feeding continues......

but this shouldn't surprise anybody, considering that Alex has no confidence left in himself or had any to begin with.

You can just sense a bad car crash is about to happen.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by dobo:
"babying Alex does not work...try something different....I'm not saying throw him under the bus, but don't BS to us..just to not hurt his feelings...."

Alex hasn't been babied. He's been through a lot with this organization. The fact that he's maintained his professionalism and fought his way back to being a starter says a lot about him.

Agreed, but Sing is nuts with these comments. I hope that it is just a matter of him putting a positive spin to the media, while internally making it clear to Smith that Smith MUST play better.

Thats is exactly what i think happened with this
Originally posted by D_Niner:
I hate this company line. It will be this same story up until the day Alex gets benched. Then, the story will change to Alex hasn't been performing in the games as well as he did on the practice field and we feel David gives us the best chance to win right now...

Alex is Sing's best quarterback right now. Sing has to do all he can to make it work.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
"babying Alex does not work...try something different....I'm not saying throw him under the bus, but don't BS to us..just to not hurt his feelings...."

Alex hasn't been babied. He's been through a lot with this organization. The fact that he's maintained his professionalism and fought his way back to being a starter says a lot about him.

Agreed, but Sing is nuts with these comments. I hope that it is just a matter of him putting a positive spin to the media, while internally making it clear to Smith that Smith MUST play better.

Sing must have some lingering brain damage from when he played, he was known for cracking 16 helmets while in college

I mean just look at him, guys got crazy eyes
that muthaf**ka blind???
I always wondered what those Democratic & Republican campain managers did for four years in between the elections!

I just lost a lot of respect for MS.

Tow that line Sing, Tow that line...

since when has Alex "fought his way to being a starter" ever?

Alex has never won a QB competition after OTAs, Training Camp, and preseason..

either he loses the competition or there is no competition from the start.

although it might not have happened his first year....this Organization has done everything possible to help him out...and covered his arse, while throwing other players and coaches under the bus...for his sake.

its funny how some Alex fans think that Alex chose to resign with the 49ers because he wanted to prove himself with this team...and did it for the Organization and the team and the fans...

if Alex went to another team...there was a HIGH chance he would not beat out anyone for any playing time...his best bet was to stay here where the FO and coaches have a personal Bias for him.

He's the starter by default. He didn't have to compete this year. The starting role was handed to him. He couldn't beat out guys like JT OSullivan and Shaun Hill in previous years. Nolan babied Alex and kept him around because he was the coach who drafted him. No more alexcuses.
He's just trying to save what little confidence Alex still has.

Originally posted by theginz2004:
He needs to keep Alex's confidence up. He can't throw him under the bus. If you watch the game again a lot of Alex's throws were great just not as memorable as the bad ones. They didn't allow him to open it up.

Most people also see great throws as bombs for TD passes or bullet passes that get the ball into a tight window or something else spectacular. Sing takes the mentality that any throw that gets to the receiver is a great throw which is pretty much true.

Most fans tho, equate great with spectacular and frankly, smith doesnt do spectacular.
Share 49ersWebzone