LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 180 users in the forums

I'm glad this crap happened now and not later on in the season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
At the risk of going seriously OT, with all the Gruden talk has it occured to anybody that promoting Manusky might be the only way to hang on to him?
This is what everybody says every year & we still find a way to f*ck it up

as long as we have a plain jane coordinator & a sorry pathetic QB like Smith under center i dont think we will EVER get anywhere

usually i give up hope by mid season but im already leaning on giving up this early in the season

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Now......we can see what we are dealing with.

Jed won't put up with any of this garbage. They now see the problem, they now see the crappy p***y playcalling on offense, they now see that Smith better play playoff football or he's gone, they now see that Gore can't be the only answer, that Smith needs to step up and so does our team.

We overrated ourselves with the 4-0 preseaon, overrated ourselves with the media crowning us the NFC west contenders, so the niners took the Seahawks lightly. You can't take anyteam lightly nowadays.

Sure , Crabtree and Gore hasn't played a down since last year,
but to pass to Moron Norris for the first time this decade?
Why not practice that play with Westbr.....nevermind...that's another thread.

With this big loss to a crappy team and blame game, the only thing now is to move forward. The niners now put all of this pressure on themselves to practice harder , and believe you me , Sing will bust out the whip. THAT'S WHY SING IS SO CALM ABOUT IT. Sing knows he now has an excuse to practice these ''superstars and 1st rounders'' lights out hard.

We are not only gonna play to win, but to destroy.

I'm tired of Sing thinking he can motivate players by yelling and making them wear pads all week. If no one believes he and Raye can manage a game it becomes infectious. Pretty soon more players stop believing.

Bring in Gruden.

this

Didnt Gruden want Alex Smith in the 2005 draft? At least that was the rumor, he did say this last year as well:

"Said Gruden: "Alex Smith - he's a guy that I really liked coming out of Utah."

Gruden would have 5 QB's on the team and have a different QB starting each week! All kidding aside I would like to see that happen, but I wonder why his name has not been coming up with recent HC jobs. Maybe he doesn't want to coach anymore.

I have held out hope each year for Alex and each year it dwindles a little more. Even though its only one game, I am done with him. He represents everything our HOF QB's are not. Montana and Young did not fit the prototypical QB but got the job done. Alex fits the physical mold of a QB but does not have the intangibles.

I see this year ending up like last year (some good wins and an equal number of heart-breaking losses) and us getting new coaches next year. I like Sing, but his speeches are getting old. It's very optimistic to say this wont happen later in the season, but we just lost to a rebuilding Seattle team. Not the Reigning Superbowl champs. Oh thats right we have them next week!
I think this is the first time I saw this team give up. There's more going on than we think. I don't think they believe in the system or they got depressed when they realized Alex isn't who they thought he was.
We all said the same crap last year after the Atlanta loss. "I'm glad this happened to us because we needed to get these type of losses out of the way. Now we are not going to take any team lightly". Nothing changed after that Atlanta loss. Our entire organization is completely unorganized and unprofessional.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Quote:
I'm glad this crap happened now and not later on in the season

It depends how long now is. We don't have too many games to give up to get better. I say we start clicking ASAP.
We were perfect on opening day with Nolan....look how those seasons turned out?! Im glad it happened too. This is way, way, way too early to panic.
Guaranteed Jimmy Raye isnt calling plays next year. Mike Johnson needs to become the OC, JR will be "helping him" but MJ needs to run the offensive show. This is a young man's game. I don't think that JR is inept but you, me, Sing, Jed, and Ray Charles can clearly see that JR's just not quite up to the task. MJ will be using the same system, the verbiage of the plays needs to remain the same. How quickly we forget that there are PLENTY of explosive plays in the 49ers playbook, JR just isn't calling them at the correct time.

But I'm not for making rash decisions so lets give everyone the entire year to see how they do. If Alex Smith doesn't cut it, he'll be gone too. Vick will be a free agent after this year... anyone interested???

P.S. And yes, I completely agree with the OP.

[ Edited by Multibomber on Sep 13, 2010 at 15:04:42 ]
Originally posted by Multibomber:
Guaranteed Jimmy Raye isnt calling plays next year. Mike Johnson needs to become the OC, JR will be "helping him" but MJ needs to run the offensive show. This is a young man's game. I don't think that JR is inept but you, me, Sing, Jed, and Ray Charles can clearly see that JR's just not quite up to the task. MJ will be using the same system, the verbiage of the plays needs to remain the same. How quickly we forget that there are PLENTY of explosive plays in the 49ers playbook, JR just isn't calling them at the correct time.

But I'm not for making rash decisions so lets give everyone the entire year to see how they do. If Alex Smith doesn't cut it, he'll be gone too. Vick will be a free agent after this year... anyone interested???

P.S. And yes, I completely agree with the OP.

What reference do you have that Johnson can call plays effectively in the NFL. Please don't tell me age is your only reason he should take over?

BC Raye has actually taken a team to the playoffs and OC'd a high powered offense.

[ Edited by 9erluv415 on Sep 13, 2010 at 15:45:10 ]
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
We were perfect on opening day with Nolan....look how those seasons turned out?! Im glad it happened too. This is way, way, way too early to panic.

This.

And dammit, Mike Vick is looking like the Vick of old.

Truth be told, most 49er fans expected to be 1-1 after two weeks of play. Fortunately for us, that start to the season is still within the realm of possibility. And should we beat the defending Superbowl champs this coming Monday Night, I think we'll actually be happier with our 1-1 start than had we beat the Seahawks and lost to the Saints.

Jed won't put up with any of this garbage. They now see the problem, they now see the crappy p***y playcalling on offense, they now see that Smith better play playoff football or he's gone, they now see that Gore can't be the only answer, that Smith needs to step up and so does our team.

We overrated ourselves with the 4-0 preseaon, overrated ourselves with the media crowning us the NFC west contenders, so the niners took the Seahawks lightly. You can't take anyteam lightly nowadays.

With this big loss to a crappy team and blame game, the only thing now is to move forward. The niners now put all of this pressure on themselves to practice harder , and believe you me , Sing will bust out the whip. THAT'S WHY SING IS SO CALM ABOUT IT. Sing knows he now has an excuse to practice these ''superstars and 1st rounders'' lights out hard.

I'm tired of Sing thinking he can motivate players by yelling and making them wear pads all week. If no one believes he and Raye can manage a game it becomes infectious. Pretty soon more players stop believing.

Bring in Gruden.

or what about that one coach, think his name is Dungy?
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Truth be told, most 49er fans expected to be 1-1 after two weeks of play. Fortunately for us, that start to the season is still within the realm of possibility. And should we beat the defending Superbowl champs this coming Monday Night, I think we'll actually be happier with our 1-1 start than had we beat the Seahawks and lost to the Saints.

We would be happier, but even if we play 50% better than this past Sunday, we will get the absolute s**t kicked out of us. We have to do a total 180 and win every facet of the game -- INCLUDING coaching -- and I just don't see that happening. I'm not writing us off, but I won't go into the game with high expectations.
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:

Bring in Gruden.

Or Cowher??

[ Edited by bigmike55 on Sep 13, 2010 at 16:02:05 ]
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:

Bring in Gruden.

No more Defensive coaches.
Share 49ersWebzone