LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 268 users in the forums

Never thot I'd say this but...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
ninerbrand, samurai mike came here and did good things. Then he got in over his head in the coaching realm, and it is time to bring someone else in who has also had successful OC experience to get our coaching staff on a par with the rest of the nfl. Applies to JR too. For 8 long yrs we have been floundering without a real HC. Time has come to let baalke research and find the man. What i really wish is if we could beg Tony Dungy to come here for just the rest of the yr and get us some professional, top of the line, coaching. What's the harm in asking?
isnt it rayes job to get the calls in? he is the oc not coach sing
with time passing by, i cannot see singletary getting us were we want
this guy was a great player
this guy is a great motivational speaker
this guy is a great coach ... NOT !
he can only succeed if he has the right coaching staff around him cos his knowledge of X and O's is limted and he certainly doesn't know shlt about the offense and special teams
Jed Tork missed on shanahan, on mcnabb
If this team doesn't turn around he gotta fire sing and select a decent OC as HC
Originally posted by BobS:
The people that give Singletary an A as a head coach crack me up. He is constantly over matched and confused on Sunday, he always ends up out of timeouts too early. He is on his 3rd year and not progressing.

You would think he would have realized why time outs are important to save by now.
as far as not getting plays in on time. what do you guys think is more important a timeout or 5 yards? id rather just take the penalty.
Originally posted by niner_empire:
as far as not getting plays in on time. what do you guys think is more important a timeout or 5 yards? id rather just take the penalty.

it was happening on 3rd/4th and 1s
Wasn't there another change to the playclock rules? I thought I heard something about that during a game.

I do know that Sing isn't the only HC having troubles with the playclock running out. I hate the way the NFL is trying to quicken the game. Having the clock start almost immediately after a player goes out of bounds sucks. Thing is, games still run just as long, there's only WAY more commercials.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Yes Sing and Raye need to go.
I want to start by saying that I agree that the coaches need to improve in a lot of areas but we did not lose this game because of coaching. The same play calling was working and moving up and down the field in the first 3 drives and the timeout errors cost us at most 4 points. The rest of the lost falls directly on the players. The coaches didn't tell Alex to over throw 2 other player while they were wide open for TDs in the first 2 possessions and constantly overthrow and not hit receivers in stride all day long. The coaches didn't tell Alex to keep throwing short and only taking shots down field on 3rd downs. The coaches didn't tell Crabtree to make a piss poor attempt at making a tackle on the pick 6. The coaches didn't tell our Oline to get knocked on their back butts on the 3rd and goal from the 1 by an inferior dline and loose control of the LOS for most of the rest of the day.

BTW, the defense stunk it up today as well if not more than the offense. Do you have the balls to say Munusky is a horrible coordinator as well or are you gonna blame that one on Big Mike as well? We got zero sacks of of our blitzes and got the one INT on the 1st play on a gamble by Clements, but their coordinator adjusted and caught our guys with double moves for the rest of the day.

It seems to me that you already had your answer that BM and JR were bad coaches and were waiting to post this after a bad loss regardless if their coaching was actually the cause. BTW, I would argue that if we had Hasselback or any other accurate QB and they had Smith with Shanahan or Reid or some offensive guru we win this game easily. But we didn't and I guess we will never know. I guess we enter into the Vick sweepstakes next year who is not an upgrade in accuracy but at least it will open up more running lanes and he will probably take more shots down field.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Yes Sing and Raye need to go.

I know this has nothing to do with the topic, but I never thought the word "thought" would be spelled "thot". My head just exploded.
Have you guys every thought that Coach Sing allows his coaches to.......well coach and do their job. This is what happen tonight this was not his fault this was clear coach Raye fault for not getting in the plays fast enough........Alex Smith fault for not hitting his receivers accurately........and the defense fault for trying to make too many big plays........ I am convinced that we cannot win with Alex Smith, I finally have come to this conclusion. As quarterback you should realize that you need to speed up the tempo.......So I blame this lost on Smith and Raye.........once we lost the momentum early, we lost the game on the road
Look, in answer to all the above, let's get something real clear. Whatever happens on the field...it is bigmikes(BM) fault or victory. IF OL can't block sure there is a line coach, but it is HC job to know all OL fundamentals, and see to it that his guys execute their jobs. BM didn't do that. Same goes for DBs who didn't cover, Wrs who broke off their routes, or in craps case, couldn't tackle either; it is OCs job to call plays that will be successful, it is OCs job to see to it that plays are in sent in, in timely fashion,and immediately, and JR failed in both of those. It is BMs job to see to it that ST execute, that DL executes, that RBs and Qb execute. None of the above happened. There is ONE man responsible for all the disasters that happened yesterday, and that is BM. He failed, ok?

That is the long and short of it. HE kept vd, alex, craps, frank out of preseason, so they wouldn't get injured. Well it was obvious they all needed the PS practice and PS games to learn their jobs, and they didn't. BMs fault. Same for krappy calls, krappy WR routes, krappy passes, really krappy OL play, (hey, AD got beat around corner once, but rest of time was okay. Snyder, rachal, wrags, baas, got beat like drums, and never moved their men off LOS. That and every other bad thing that happened yesterday IS the HC fault. He owns it . HE is responsible for this team coming out unprepared. He is one who hired a worn out OC(who is dependable...unfortunately, not for 21st century football.).

Blame anyone you want, but at end of day there is just one man who was responsible for this entire mess, and BM is it. He should have owned up to it at presser, but i missed it. I wasn't interested in excuses, because there was no excuse for this level of talent playing this badly. The inability to get plays in on time(see my multiple other posts on this) is BMs fault. BM is an honorable man, a good man. He should tender his resignation, because a yr and a half later, with way better talent, this team makes the same mistakes,and our qB keeps making same mistakes, like every other player on team, save p52 and one or two others.

That, my friends is pro football, and our coach has failed. Completely, awfully, and horribly. Not getting plays in on time, regardless of how bad they are, is an unpardonable sin. And repetition of this is 100% on the HC. I already suggested scripted plays, because neither our OC not HC can think fast on their feet. My guess is JR just was never very good, and BM just got promoted way beyond his level of competence. BM needs to return to collegiate ball...Baylor would be lucky to get him, and let him learn from ground up how to coach WR, DB, TE, OL, DL, RB, QB, and how to OC, DC, and THEN HC. He has done none of the prerequisites necessary for success in the nfl. He is a great LB coach, and until yesterday a lot of RAh rah motivation has covered up his inexperience and lack of coaching knowledge.

But what you saw yesterday, was the real us. Good talent, and insufferably bad coaching. Believe it. It all goes back to the HC, and folks...he ain't ready for big time...not even close. Honestly i had fooled myself into thinking he might just get away with the lack of knowledge it takes to HC a team. But he can't , just like nobody else could either. All that motivational speaking experience? That doesn't help call good plays, nor does it help teach individual players how they are supposed to play their positions. Only coaching up thru the ranks does that , taking experience from guys who really know their business, and learning under a bunch of different coaches and systems. BMs learning? all came from that wunderkind, lil mikey noln. And that should tell you something about why BM isn't ready for the big time yet.
I agree that they don't have a high enough football IQ to succeed at this level. I remember last year they said, unlike Bill Walsh, Sing was more motivation than X and O's. That was alarming and I have worried about this since last year. Sing wants brute force and passion to win. However, those days are over. This game is about out thinking your competition more than anything. If Sing can't out think a coach coming out of college, I doubt he can out think anybody on the schedule.
I totally agree seattle knew what to do and we didnt react or change things up ...we had this problem last year tooo NO changes at half time we come out and do the same dumb plays...ummm ya think seattle knew what we are doing??? yes they did ..and our Coaches arnt smart enough t o change things...blame alex all you want..blame the line blame the D BUT it stems from the top...WE have a play caller calling MORAN NORRIS NUMBER 2 times in the redzone on crucial plays!!!!!!!!! WE HAVE FRANK GORE, BRIAN WEST, VD, WALKER,crab,morgan ALLLL OF WHICH ARE WAY BETTER!!!
you want the game on the line and the ball in your best players hands NOT a non athletic blocking FULLBACK!!!!!!! where are the two RB sets? to throw the seattle D off??? where is the seam pass to VD? no we go to our 3rd string blocking TE! this team is bad and its cuz our HC and OC!!

JED get GRUDEN in here PRONTO ..we look like a JV team against a horrible seattle team..OUT COACHED OUT SMARTED OUT PLAYED....
Share 49ersWebzone