LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 231 users in the forums

Never thot I'd say this but...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Flyn, who makes the game calls? you really think JR and Manusky? In a pig's eye they do, which means they certainly do not. BM is such a control freak that he got his "boy" for OC, and then made the game plans on D, with manusky. But if you really think manusky is in charge of D....well, i somehow don't buy that. Watch BM on sidelines and i think you will see who is doing what on D. Maybe manusk calls the plays, but BM is whispering, "prevent D, prevent D. Give up the yards to prevent the Td"...which KC then got anyway. Where was that blitz and stifle D we saw in NO? That's right, BM didn't want to use it. HE is the HC, and everything , good or bad, is his responsibility, no matter how cool his demeanor...unless someone in the media is grilling him on some dumbazz play called on O or D.

And why was the D on the field all day? could it be the sterling O calls that led to 1 successful third down attempt by late in third qtr, with 12 unsuccessful attempts? Talk about screwing up the D by screwing up the O? Well, flyn, this was a classic. OH, and by the way, don't delude yourself into thinking JR is calling plays. BM has his hands all over this, and JR is just carrying his water. Nah, this is a BM stinker all the way, and the fact that NO just pulverized us with screens last game, would make one think that would be one thing we would have worked on and fixed. Unh unh. This is just like it taking bm mos to get the plays in on time, because he just didn't understand how important it was for qB to walk up to LOS and see a D that will wipeout the play called, but can't change it because time has run out. That is but one of dozens of reasons why Bm will never make it in the bigs. He just doesn't have the experience or know how of the entire game. LBs? bet your azz. He knows that cold. The rest of the positions, including OC and/or DC? no freakin' idea.

So, put blame elsewhere if you want. But we have a HC who is tone deaf, kind of like a current president i can think of, who wants what he wants and to hell with what is right or whatever else the majority wants. Bm also is extremely proud...to the point it gets in his way of thinking clearly. Running Frank rt, then lt, then rt and punting isn't exactly the way to win in the bigs. And control freak that he is, and as super sensitive as he is(can't take media heat for his incompetence...eg, helmets didn't work...ye gads), disavow yourself of the idea that everything that happens out there is not of his doing. Hey, he did the big things right for NO, but forgot to drill the guys on basics...high center snaps, fumbles at goal line, PR muffs, and 10 men on O, for a 5 yarder. Then this game he just lays a turdlet about the size of the football field. Our team was disorganized, demoralized, and try as they might, bm just kept putting them in bad situations, because he wanted to prove to the nfl and fans that he is right: "we're gonna run it down their throats."

Say what you will about individual performances, but this was a coaching loss, pure and simple. AD got beat around the corner 3 times. BM couldn't counsel him on technique on how to prevent that? OOps, guess not , because...sure enough, he didn't coach OL, or DL, or TEs or Qbs, or RBs, or DBs, or OC or DC. You see a common thread here? LIke maybe, Bm got peter principled out long time ago,and jedi jed signed him on his reputation as a LB, not as a coach. WEll, jed got what he bargained for...a disaster of epic proportions. He needs to save this team, and fire BM now, and take JR with him.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Flyn, who makes the game calls? you really think JR and Manusky? In a pig's eye they do, which means they certainly do not. BM is such a control freak that he got his "boy" for OC, and then made the game plans on D, with manusky. But if you really think manusky is in charge of D....well, i somehow don't buy that. Watch BM on sidelines and i think you will see who is doing what on D. Maybe manusk calls the plays, but BM is whispering, "prevent D, prevent D. Give up the yards to prevent the Td"...which KC then got anyway. Where was that blitz and stifle D we saw in NO? That's right, BM didn't want to use it. HE is the HC, and everything , good or bad, is his responsibility, no matter how cool his demeanor...unless someone in the media is grilling him on some dumbazz play called on O or D.

And why was the D on the field all day? could it be the sterling O calls that led to 1 successful third down attempt by late in third qtr, with 12 unsuccessful attempts? Talk about screwing up the D by screwing up the O? Well, flyn, this was a classic. OH, and by the way, don't delude yourself into thinking JR is calling plays. BM has his hands all over this, and JR is just carrying his water. Nah, this is a BM stinker all the way, and the fact that NO just pulverized us with screens last game, would make one think that would be one thing we would have worked on and fixed. Unh unh. This is just like it taking bm mos to get the plays in on time, because he just didn't understand how important it was for qB to walk up to LOS and see a D that will wipeout the play called, but can't change it because time has run out. That is but one of dozens of reasons why Bm will never make it in the bigs. He just doesn't have the experience or know how of the entire game. LBs? bet your azz. He knows that cold. The rest of the positions, including OC and/or DC? no freakin' idea.

So, put blame elsewhere if you want. But we have a HC who is tone deaf, kind of like a current president i can think of, who wants what he wants and to hell with what is right or whatever else the majority wants. Bm also is extremely proud...to the point it gets in his way of thinking clearly. Running Frank rt, then lt, then rt and punting isn't exactly the way to win in the bigs. And control freak that he is, and as super sensitive as he is(can't take media heat for his incompetence...eg, helmets didn't work...ye gads), disavow yourself of the idea that everything that happens out there is not of his doing. Hey, he did the big things right for NO, but forgot to drill the guys on basics...high center snaps, fumbles at goal line, PR muffs, and 10 men on O, for a 5 yarder. Then this game he just lays a turdlet about the size of the football field. Our team was disorganized, demoralized, and try as they might, bm just kept putting them in bad situations, because he wanted to prove to the nfl and fans that he is right: "we're gonna run it down their throats."

Say what you will about individual performances, but this was a coaching loss, pure and simple. AD got beat around the corner 3 times. BM couldn't counsel him on technique on how to prevent that? OOps, guess not , because...sure enough, he didn't coach OL, or DL, or TEs or Qbs, or RBs, or DBs, or OC or DC. You see a common thread here? LIke maybe, Bm got peter principled out long time ago,and jedi jed signed him on his reputation as a LB, not as a coach. WEll, jed got what he bargained for...a disaster of epic proportions. He needs to save this team, and fire BM now, and take JR with him.

There is obviously no getting through to you. I love how you use facts like "BM is micromanaging everything and is telling everyone what to do." I'm sorry, if I had just know that you had this insider info I would have stopped argue with you. I know that you would never make an argument based on a hunch with zero objective facts right.

I also love how you rip BM for micromanaging and then you blame him for not coaching our rookie RT well enough. So what is it do you want him to let the coaches do their jobs or do you want him to take personal responsibility for every area of the team?

Let me remind you of some facts instead of giving you my hunches. This same coaching staff won 8 games last year and put this team in a position to win almost all of them except for ATL and maybe the Philly game and ATL being the only blowout. How many bad coaches that can't handle the big leagues can you say that about? This stubborn coach that you talk about switched up his whole philosophy and game plans mid season last year just to make Alex more comfortable because he needed to play in the spread to be successful.

If you are gonna come down this hard on him when we lose then you need to start giving him more credit for our wins. I don't know how much worse Alex has to look before you start realizing that not even Bill Walsh could win with him at QB playing the way he is now. Sorry I had to throw one hunch in there as well.
Didn't know Alex Smith played defense.
Fly, if you don't think bm is the reason we are failing, then i have no idea how you can assess blame. HC is in charge of everything...and great coaches are sure to take of little things too. BM can't take care of big things...like "we're gonna ram it down their throats." If you really think our biggest problem isn't an jump promoted unskilled for HC leader, then there is nothing i can say to convince you. BUt how can you explain 2 weeks in a row not being able to stop screen passes, that just flat out wiped us out? How do you explain such simplistic OC calls that everyone in the stadium knows it's frank Rt or Lt? HOw do you explain not working on fumbles in redzone, until they stop in practice. Same question for fielding PR in a candlestick wind, or putting 10 men out on O for a 5 yard penalty, or not having the center snap 200 consecutive balls until none sail over the qbs head? HOw do you explain OC calls dating back to exactly 1985, and no evidence of any improvement since? Hey bro, if that doesn't convince you, plus he is losing his guys, p52,VD, alex, frank, crabs...there are others...and he can't fix or figure out what to do. If that doesn't convince you then i guess you are a stand up guy for BM. Me, i'd rather move on, try someone with coaching experience , gruden or dungy to get us thru the yr. BM is doing a great job of demoralizing a talented team he has no business or ability to coach.

I give in to you, in that you see a coach who can do it , and i see one totally unprepared for the bigs. You get last word, because I will not convince you of what many , if not most others see. I just hope he leaves soon, like tomorrow, before he is embarrassed any more. Believe it or not, he used to be one of my heroes. Since becoming HC he has lost any semblance of respect i have for him. He is hardheaded, and dreadfully hard to get to change. But that's not what i want to see in a HC. You get last word flyn, because i'm talked out.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Fly, if you don't think bm is the reason we are failing, then i have no idea how you can assess blame. HC is in charge of everything...and great coaches are sure to take of little things too. BM can't take care of big things...like "we're gonna ram it down their throats." If you really think our biggest problem isn't an jump promoted unskilled for HC leader, then there is nothing i can say to convince you. BUt how can you explain 2 weeks in a row not being able to stop screen passes, that just flat out wiped us out? How do you explain such simplistic OC calls that everyone in the stadium knows it's frank Rt or Lt? HOw do you explain not working on fumbles in redzone, until they stop in practice. Same question for fielding PR in a candlestick wind, or putting 10 men out on O for a 5 yard penalty, or not having the center snap 200 consecutive balls until none sail over the qbs head? HOw do you explain OC calls dating back to exactly 1985, and no evidence of any improvement since? Hey bro, if that doesn't convince you, plus he is losing his guys, p52,VD, alex, frank, crabs...there are others...and he can't fix or figure out what to do. If that doesn't convince you then i guess you are a stand up guy for BM. Me, i'd rather move on, try someone with coaching experience , gruden or dungy to get us thru the yr. BM is doing a great job of demoralizing a talented team he has no business or ability to coach.

I give in to you, in that you see a coach who can do it , and i see one totally unprepared for the bigs. You get last word, because I will not convince you of what many , if not most others see. I just hope he leaves soon, like tomorrow, before he is embarrassed any more. Believe it or not, he used to be one of my heroes. Since becoming HC he has lost any semblance of respect i have for him. He is hardheaded, and dreadfully hard to get to change. But that's not what i want to see in a HC. You get last word flyn, because i'm talked out.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on the BM situation. I will respond to some of the things you brought up to try and give you a little peace of mind.

BUt how can you explain 2 weeks in a row not being able to stop screen passes, that just flat out wiped us out?

The best way of stopping screen passes is for your Dline to recognize it and either drop back into the passing lanes or get to the QB before the play can be set up. There is only so much a team can practice against it but the players still have to execute. Oh btw, the reason it looked so bad 2 weeks in a row was because we happened to play 2 of the the 3 fastest rbs in the NFL the past 2 weeks.

Also, did you realize that we did screens to. Watch them again, you will see that one of them was stopped because Alex through the ball late and the defenders had already gotten around our Olinmen and another one Alex over threw and Westbrook couldn't catch it. ll screen passes are effective if executed correctly against the right defense. (That Manusky called BTW)

How do you explain such simplistic OC calls that everyone in the stadium knows it's frank Rt or Lt?

The Cowboys won 3 championships by doing this. The difference is they threw deep every one and a while. (Not as often as you think, Romo has already broken most of Aikman's records.) We don't have a QB that defenses have to game plan for and therefore the only other solution is to not give Gore the ball like we had to do last year when we went to the spread to accommodate a QB that has been in the NFL for 5 years but still hasn't adapted. BTW, did you see how effective our run game was against NO. It wasn't because our play calling was more creative, it was because our QB was actually completing passes.

HOw do you explain not working on fumbles in redzone, until they stop in practice.

How do you know they haven't and how many times o they fumble in practice? Do you have any facts at all that this hasn't been worked on? Do you have any links to reports abut fumbles in practice. BTW, our team has only fumble in 3 games, I would say that s a sign of good coaching.

Same question for fielding PR in a candlestick wind

Did Sing plan for Ginn and Williams to get hurt? Did Adams ever fumble before at the stick in preseason? Reggie Bush fumbled as well. Did Payton not coach his team well too? Or Maybe the wind was crazy, something you can't prepare your team for. Again 1 fumble in 3 games even though we had 3 different PR in 3 games by 3 guys that weren't here last year and 2 of which are rookies. Again this is more of a sign of good coaching than bad.

putting 10 men out on O for a 5 yard penalty,

Happened once in 3 games and was already documented as an equipment problem. Davis and or Delanie are more responsible for this. Even at the HS level we were coached to always pay attention to the guy ahead of you on the depth chart and when he is not in the game on a formation that you know he is supposed to be in you run in and sub for him.

or not having the center snap 200 consecutive balls until none sail over the qbs head?

Again 1 on 3 games with a new center is actually amazing. And by the way go and read some past articles when Baas took over. They did stay after practice during the training camp press conferences to practice snaps. So again you can't blame this one on the coaches. This purely a player problem.

HOw do you explain OC calls dating back to exactly 1985, and no evidence of any improvement since?

You do realize we were a spread team at the end of last year right? You do realize that we moved the ball up and don the field against the defending champs right? That is evidence of improvement to me. When our QB is "comfortable" we move the ball and when he isn't we don't. Plus BM fired Raye so he is showing that he is willing to make changes for the sake of the team which he has always shown (ie. spread adjustments, Crabtree playing, Switching to Smith when Hill was struggling, etc)

he is losing his guys, p52,VD, alex, frank, crabs...there are others...and he can't fix or figure out what to do.

Oh really? Do you have any proof of this or is this another one of those famous hunches? IMHO, he will never lose P52 and VD because he made them into pro bowl players. Both of them have given him credit publicly so this isn't a hunch. Also, he is not shy about telling the world that Frank is the bell cow and he wants to use him like Walter Payton was used, so I don't think Frank will want him gone either. As far as losing Alex, I wish we could e so lucky!

One thing I don't like about BM is the length of the leash he is giving Alex. I hope he is the next tough decision that BM makes.
Well, i got half my wish, in reverse order, but never mind. Jr is gone. BM is on a short leash and my bet is 1 more bad loss(like say KC) and Bm is fired...right then. OR if we lose 2 more before break, then BM is gone in that scenario. I am impressed that jed put BMs feet to the fire and said, JR is gone away or you hit the hiway. That for a change was an easy decision for BM to make. Didn't need previous coaching experience to figure it out either. He went for himself. BM . Bigmike. I hope he enjoys the next few games, and if manusk or MJ can pull off wins for him, then BM makes it to midseason. But as noted above, one stinker loss(a bm) or two Ls and BM is adios muchacho, toast and gone. then he still has to make it thru second half of season, and i think that he will be very lucky to do that. But first, he has to make it thru midseason. Good luck, BM, cause you're gonna need it.

My hat's off to jed. Kid has stones. But the BM deal, that one will be hard...but necessary. Jed, you HAVE been paying attn. Way to go kid.

Incidentally, our OC and HC weren't smart enough to be OC and HC. As of right now half of that is proven right. Let's see if the rest comes true.
And, just as surely as bad gas precedes a bm, so does JR precede BM. Please feel free to quote me on that, 1 mo, 3mos 6 mos and a yr down the road.
Share 49ersWebzone