LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 231 users in the forums

Niners 2010 scheduling

Shop Find 49ers gear online
obviously we have to play in London this year, and if i remember correctly, we actually volunteered for it to get it out of the way. but when the schedule makers did the schedule this year, they arranged it so we would fly to London out of Charlotte right after the Panthers game (instead of flying all the way from the west coast). and then after the game we get a BYE, then 2 straight home games, plus a long week after that because we play MNF.

But, i still dont understand why they didnt allow us to take advantage of a very simple situation involving the Raider game. someone had to lose a home game on that London trip, and it happened to be us. we only get 7 games at Candlestick this year. they easily couldve made the Raider game @OAK, which is almost the same as a home game for our players. they get to stay in their own beds. but they scheduled it as one of our home games.

i just think we kinda got screwed over. especially since we then end up with 4 of our final 6 games on the road, including @GB, @SD, @AZ.

[ Edited by Niners99 on Sep 11, 2010 at 10:32:30 ]
yah, I also don't like how the saints get 11 days to prepare for us......
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:

that too, although we wont have played until sunday, so its kind of hard to prepare for a team that has no current film to study. theyll get 6 days of prep for us with our week 1 film, just like usual.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
I really think we can beat those saints
Originally posted by fly15:

Possible could be.. Pwillis will kill them for offense and Bree!

Ill wait till after the seahawks game before I say anything.

Ill wait till after the seahawks game before I say anything.

i agree it..

Sometimes having too much time off can get you out of rhythm.
SEAHAWKS first GUYS!!
Originally posted by defenderDX:
SEAHAWKS first GUYS!!

6-0.

Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

Sometimes having too much time off can get you out of rhythm.

Their not in any rhythm yet. The 11 days off will only help them imo.
you can't give the raiders an extra home game
Originally posted by WestCoast:
you can't give the raiders an extra home game

ya I don't get the point this thread is trying to make. We have to play all 4 AFC West teams. I'm not sure how they decide which 2 are home and which 2 are away.

I guess we could have played @OAK and have hosted KC, and then another team in the NFC west could have gone to KC and hosted OAK, like is on our schedule this year.

It was York who gave up the home game, b/c he can make more money in London, and is a part of the NFL International Committee.

Bottom line is if you ask Singletary he will say his team needs to be able to play any team, any day, on any field in the world.

I agree the last month of the season doesn't look ideal, but thats why we need to be strong and consistent through-out the season.

[ Edited by global_nomad on Sep 11, 2010 at 18:16:30 ]
bad teams b***h about scheduling

good teams accept the challenge
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
bad teams b***h about scheduling

good teams accept the challenge
Share 49ersWebzone