LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 169 users in the forums

A sign that the 9ers have arrived talent wise.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This has been the most talented roster for the niners in 8-9 years. Some of the niners final cuts will no doubt be signed to other teams, this is a sign of a strenghtening roster.

Just a few short years ago, the Niners where signing players that where cut from other teams, and they where getting significant playing time from day one, with no training camp.

I am very happy with Trent Baalke, all 8 of his picks made the roster. That is a monumental task. Mcgloughan and CO hit with 1st rounders but not late rounder. I think our most recent draft will be like the Giants draft when the drafted Jacobs, Kevin Boss, etc. Getting production from lower draft picks.

Lets win in 2010. Go niners.
This will be a transition year for the Niners. Quite a few players...this may be their last year in red and gold.

Franklin, Lewis, Clements...even Alex. I hope they manage to sign Goldson back.
Also another sign is that players like Westbrook want to come play for us. We didn't even have to fly him around in a helicopter or anything.

FINALLY were not pathetic.

Success breeds confidence and confidence breeds success, this is the start of a beautiful thing
I agree 100%.. over the last 5-6 seasons we would cut players that were expected to not make the team and were STILL left with guys that wouldnt cut a top 10 or 15 NFL roster, and were starting for us at times too..
To sign Ginn as a number 3 and give us a spark at the KR position, to have Zieg and young Kyle Williams flash and beat out Jason Hill who was a fan favorite and will be a fine #3 somewhere else, to lose Coffee but still upgrade with a dimond in the rough with Dixon and adding Westbrook. Things are looking very good here in sf..

I think another post said that cutting Robinson was classless and a slap in the face, Id say look at this thread and this says it all. good post
[ Edited by 49ersnum1 on Sep 4, 2010 at 10:22 AM ]
but we have all our draft picks on the roster. That means the players they replaced weren't good enough.
Originally posted by five1oh:
but we have all our draft picks on the roster. That means the players they replaced weren't good enough.

exactly........
hopefully now they can finally play like it
can you imagine if we added Bly Househ and LInehart??? holy s**t!!!!
Originally posted by znk916:

How would that make us better? Leinart has NO confidence and a weak arm, Carr is better IMHO.. Housh is trash and slow! Mike Williams beat his ass out and I rather keep guys like Morgan, Ginn, Ziegler and Williams than guys like HOUSH! and Bly would come and MAYBE be our 4th CB

You ARE kidding, right?

Originally posted by ninergold:
This will be a transition year for the Niners. Quite a few players...this may be their last year in red and gold.

Franklin, Lewis, Clements...even Alex. I hope they manage to sign Goldson back.

If the offense performs well and Alex throws 3000+yards 25 tds and 12 ints then I would rather the team keep this offense together and let Goldson go, 40+ million on a safety is too much...especially when there are good young players waiting
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:

How would that make us better? Leinart has NO confidence and a weak arm, Carr is better IMHO.. Housh is trash and slow! Mike Williams beat his ass out and I rather keep guys like Morgan, Ginn, Ziegler and Williams than guys like HOUSH! and Bly would come and MAYBE be our 4th CB

Speaking of slow Mike Williams isn't so fast either. He ran a whopping 4.75 40 at the combine. Check out the wheels on this guy lool. He makes the slowest Niner receiver look like Chris Johnson.

• marls
  • Veteran
I can't remember the last time we were undefeated in the preseason, 92? These games just seemed easy for us. I havn't seen that happen for too long. Things are looking up but, I really want to see it when the real bullets are flying! Week one is a division statement, week two is a statement for the rest of the country that we're legit... go niners!!
I just pray and hope Alex does well. That's all that really matters to me.
were not where...
Share 49ersWebzone