LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 175 users in the forums

Can you see Zeigler becoming our #2?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I honestly dont see what everyone see's in Morgan he doesnt even show up most of the time, last year i was in his corner, but he's really starting to fall from my graces.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Grigga2021:
I honestly dont see what everyone see's in Morgan he doesnt even show up most of the time, last year i was in his corner, but he's really starting to fall from my graces.

I want him to do well. But I always liked J. Hill more.
morgan is the best blocking WR on the team. that matched with his leaping ability and physical style entrench him at the 2 spot.

ziggy is a borderline #4 but i am rooting for him to make the team.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
[Modded]
[ Edited by Oscar on Aug 24, 2010 at 9:30 AM ]
Getting to #2 would be a huge leap, potentially, but unlikely, only because sing is enamored of Morgan's blocking ability. I can see placing value on toughness/strength, but Sing seems to let that cloud his vision. I believe, and have for the past couple of years, that Ziggy deserves a real shot at the #3, if not the #2 slot. He's shown more (except in blocking) than both Hill and Morgan, but certainly the underachieving Josh, who has never lived up to that rookie year promise. And Ginn is a one trick pony: speed. He should be a returner and #4. I just don't get the love affair with Morgan. To me, he's like a bikini dancer; lots of tease, but no payoff. Just MHO.
this crossed my mind when Ginn dropped those passes and juggled the bomb from Davis.

It also crossed my mind when I thought about how little Morgan crosses my mind when I watch our offense
not this season. but if he makes the team and sticks, in a few years, who knows? Maybe.
#3 is much more realistic, and turns into a reliability vs speed discussion. We don't have any WR on our roster that can be a #2 and dethrone Morgan. We are still a running team first. Until we turn into a patriots-style spread offense there is no threat to Morgan.

As long as we are a running team, there is more of a chance D. Walker takes over the #2 spot if Morgan gets injured than any other receiver.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

Chicago has a lot better receivers than us, so I doubt they're in need.

For serious? Their best receivers are their RB and TE. Their WR's are all 2's and 3's. We have a #1.
Zeigler reminds me of John Taylor. He always made those gutsy catches. I would like seeing Crabtree, Zeigler and Davis as our 1000 yard recieving trio. Glory Days 2nd generation starting NOW!!!!

Originally posted by Grigga2021:

Rewatch the Seattle game when Gore broke the 200 yard mark, key in on Morgan during those runs, that's what people see. It's also the reason why he has no threat at the #2 position.
  • dugo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Youngone:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Hes doing well enough to be the 6th receiver no more. I still think Jason Hill is much better receiver than whats been going on this preseason. Oh well if Zeigler or Hill are released, if I were them I would try and hit up Chicago for a job. They seem to be a lot more comfortable in Martz' offense.

Chicago has a lot better receivers than us, so I doubt they're in need. But I do agree on Hill. I prefer him over Morgan as well, but all accounts make it seem as if he is on his way out. My money says he ends up on the Hawks if he gets cut.

I hope you're not serious...

Why? I can't be honest. Knox, Hester, Aromashadu, Bennett... they can all play. I'd take Crabtree over all of them, but as a unit, I'd take their guys over ours.

apparently Morgan has done enough to secure his job as the #2. What it is, IDK? Maybe his blocking ability. Cuz it sure as hell isn't his incredible ability to spread the D with his lightning speed, get open or his glue like hands.
Reply 42 of 42 Aug 24, 2010 at 09:14:34
apparently Morgan has done enough to secure his job as the #2. What it is, IDK? Maybe his blocking ability. Cuz it sure as hell isn't his incredible ability to spread the D with his lightning speed, get open or his glue like hands.

Agree
When you have a crappy QB your #2 WR will never look good.
Share 49ersWebzone