LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 315 users in the forums

Video-Taylor Mays Hit- A Glimpse of the future

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BasharCali49:
Originally posted by ninerfan21:
What an idiot, doesn't know by pushing the reciever out of bounds, he just lost a tackle. I don't want him on the field again, we need a safety that understands football

Well if he held on to the ball and he was in bounds that would mean that the receiver got a first down.

this. nf21 ?
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for Sanfran_chrisco.
What an idiot, doesn't know by pushing the reciever out of bounds, he just lost a tackle. I don't want him on the field again, we need a safety that understands football

Mays is a work in progress...there's no doubting his physical skills. He just needs lots of reps in pass defense...what he did at USC won't work in the NFL. We'll have to be a little patient with him, but he's arguably the most eager rookie on our team. Once he gets it, the sky's the limit for this kid.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Mays is a work in progress...there's no doubting his physical skills. He just needs lots of reps in pass defense...what he did at USC won't work in the NFL. We'll have to be a little patient with him, but he's arguably the most eager rookie on our team. Once he gets it, the sky's the limit for this kid.

what did he do in USC that wont work in NFL?
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

what did he do in USC that wont work in NFL?

Cover poorly. Very, very poorly.
Watching the video:

Mays has worked on his footwork- the quick soft steps, and not getting flat-footed,
and his eyes were right where they needed to be. Mays put his body in the position to make a play. He broke on the ball as soon as the qb made his decision to throw.

Everything was right on that play. Lets see his hips more fluid in change of direction now
Originally posted by sacniner:

I think (hope) you are joking, so I will leave this alone.

lol, duh. When I first saw the replay my 1st thought was they were wrong he did get a tackle... then 2 secs later I was remembered there is no force out rule anymore.
Originally posted by BasharCali49:
This happened right in front of me when I was at the game and I went off!!!

Mays did a real life Madden Morph from :06 - :08

if I were the Vikings I would have threw my controller...lol.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Aug 24, 2010 at 10:12 AM ]

that's some closing speed!
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

ya i saw it live, he closed fast. I don't think he did anything wrong on that play. If anything, he should have hit him harder.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

ya i saw it live, he closed fast. I don't think he did anything wrong on that play. If anything, he should have hit him harder.

he did his job there. Made sure the guy didn't come down in bounds. Glad they changed that rule last year.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I don't want to be a Debbie Downer but to me Tayor Mays has been the most invisible rookie so far.
Originally posted by susweel:
I don't want to be a Debbie Downer but to me Tayor Mays has been the most invisible rookie so far.

Phillip Adams has been a nice surprise. Hope he makes the team.

Mays has made a good play in both games so far. Next year he will be beasts
Share 49ersWebzone