There are 248 users in the forums

Brandon Jones RELEASED

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Good move, time to move on from a terrible signing.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by highway49:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Nolan weeded out Erickson's trash and Sing is doing/did the same with Nolan's guys. Same with Baalke cleaning up some of McCloughan's messes.

The "purge continues"....

They better win this season or the next regime will be cleaning out Sing and Balke's trash next season.

i was thinkin the same thing
Originally posted by PTulini:
mattbarrows: Singletary: “I’d like to thank Brandon for the effort he put forth during his time with the 49ers. Letting Brandon go at this point will allow him the opportunity to latch on with another team. We wish him all the best in the future.”

Translation: I hope some other stupid team picks him up so we're not on the hook for the entire amount of his remaining salary.
We paid Brandon Jones all of that money for 1 damn catch!

• Otter
  • Veteran
Expensive mistake. $5M.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Skinny_Post

RT @49ersPR: The #49ers today announced that they have released WR Brandon Jones. The team has also waived/injured T Chris Patrick. #NFL

haha another McClueless signing, thank you scotty, we are cleaning up your mess.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Just add him to the list of

Jonas Jennings
Gabe Wilkens
Antonio Langham
Originally posted by Otter:
Expensive mistake. $5M.

yes sir, but like others have said, theres no way we thought we'd get crabtree

on the other hand, i still think we over paid for his you know what
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by KID9R:
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by jones49:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by FourNine49:
That was a wasted experimented. He was pretty much a Jonas Jennings replica

WTF? Jonas Jennings actually played (very well when he was healthy/on the field, especially 2006).

True...The $$$ we spent for such little play is what makes it a sore spot.

BTW...Nice to see us getting rid or the wastetoids..

They are getting weeded out one by one. We are much more talented this year than last. A lot of guys who didn't play up to par are either benched or gone this year.

You gotta love it. Sing knows football. He knows who should start, who should sit, and who should be shipped

we'll see. Balmer's big knock wasn't his talent but his effort. So if our "motivational" coach can't get him to play, why is he here.

Where did you read that? Last years off season it was touted that he was following J.Smith around like a puppy dog and working his tail off. Then he got hurt. This year he just got back into OTAs and he wasn't even out of shape. I really think Balmer may have been a victim of expectations and circumstance, much like Ted Ginn. I think he will be a good player in the 4-3, but probably not worthy of a first round pick. However, keep in mind that dlineman can take a few years to develop. Look at Franklin and Soap for that matter.

I should have specified during the draft process (scouting reports) one example
http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=1318

And proof is in the pudding, motivated players don't usually quit.

Expensive mistake. $5M. that is his wrong idea and cheat cuz he has more earning the moneys.. he is fool for us cuz the 49ers is dumb thing when paid him the moneys alot.. why the 49ers is dumb? it was all wrong!!!

Originally posted by SoCal9er:
mattbarrows: Singletary: “I’d like to thank Brandon for the effort he put forth during his time with the 49ers. Letting Brandon go at this point will allow him the opportunity to latch on with another team. We wish him all the best in the future.”

Translation: I hope some other stupid team picks him up so we're not on the hook for the entire amount of his remaining salary.

Dont think that is the way the salary cap works. We'd have to have traded him to get another team to take on the salary. We're on the hook for the remainder of his bonus and nothing else.

Dont think that is the way the salary cap works. We'd have to have traded him to get another team to take on the salary. We're on the hook for the remainder of his bonus and nothing else.

Then dumping his unproductive @ss was a good move!

Then dumping his unproductive @ss was a good move!

It certainly wasn't a horrible move. Although it might have been smart to keep him as long as possible in case there is an injury at WR (in Miami Ginn has yet to prove he's any good as a receiver, Hill has potential but hasn't realized much of it yet, and Ziegler is not an NFL player IMO). I think they didn't do that (keep him until final cuts) as a courtesy to him. So he has a better chance to sign somewhere else.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
You know after further thinking, I think this may have been the WORST SIGNING in franchise history.

Dude gave 1 catch for over 5 million dollars.
Originally posted by susweel:
You know after further thinking, I think this may have been the WORST SIGNING in franchise history.

Dude gave 1 catch for over 5 million dollars.

he was also our best punt returner ever
Share 49ersWebzone