LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

Brandon Jones RELEASED

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
You know after further thinking, I think this may have been the WORST SIGNING in franchise history.

Dude gave 1 catch for over 5 million dollars.

im gonna copy and paste this delightful post just for the Bandwagon thread, i knew youd come around,lol
You know after further thinking, I think this may have been the WORST SIGNING in franchise history.

It didn't cost you or me anything, and there have been / will not be any salary cap ramifications because of it. it was an expensive mistake on their pocketbook but we'd have been blessed to have him last year (once he was healthy) if Bruce retired and Al Davis didn't give us Crabtree.
Now time to get rid of M-Robs unproductive ass. We can get good special teams play elsewhere. He a waste of a RB roster spot.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Gavintech:

It didn't cost you or me anything, and there have been / will not be any salary cap ramifications because of it. it was an expensive mistake on their pocketbook but we'd have been blessed to have him last year (once he was healthy) if Bruce retired and Al Davis didn't give us Crabtree.

Im just speaking on its as a value to production stand point.
I think it's Hill's job to lose. The 9ers know he has talent and if they release him later rather than now, he will get swooped up rather quickly. If you watched the first preseason game he had more impact on special teams coverage than Ziggy did. Ziggy with his small frame was getting manhandled and never made a tackle or even get close to making one. Think about it, I'm sure a bunch of teams have their eye's on Hill and probably won't even blink if Ziggy gets released.
for this season we saved his base salary of $2.15M, with a dead money hit of $1.32M for 2010.

As for future years.

We take a dead money hit of $2.1M in 2011, and save $955K in 2011, while we save $3.52M in 2012 and $4.075M in 2013.
Hello...I was just about the only one who hated that signing. Cookie, give me.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
for this season we saved his base salary of $2.15M, with a dead money hit of $1.32M for 2010.

As for future years.

We take a dead money hit of $2.1M in 2011, and save $955K in 2011, while we save $3.52M in 2012 and $4.075M in 2013.

Well worth the savings then. Thanks AB.... oh and your late!!! All the ladies where asking for you. Well, not ladies but some of the guys.
Originally posted by Gavintech:

Im just speaking on its as a value to production stand point.

The worst signing was still Regee McGrew. Yes, he was a draft pick but that only made it worse! Lost a pick, cap space/dead money, and a roster spot all at the same time. It was signings like those that was the catalyst for "Cap hell".

Fred Beasley's last contract was pretty bad as well. Yes, he was an OK player (overrated IMO), but they paid way too much to keep him and, at the time because of the cap situation, resulted in having to release, or not be able to sign other players. He was released shortly thereafter. That may have been due to his contract as well but he never really played in the NFL after that. That signing had immediate ramifications and ramifications for a year or two afterwards too.
Originally posted by danimal:

I think a lot of guys thought he had potential but we overpaid. Everyone knew we where desperate and I guess most where happy that we got the best FA WR even though it wasn't much. We where pushed into a corner and had no choice. If we knew Crabtree was going to fall to us I doubt we would have signed him.

Originally posted by jones49:
Now time to get rid of M-Robs unproductive ass. We can get good special teams play elsewhere. He a waste of a RB roster spot.

Show me where then.

He's one of the best ST players in the league. We won't lose Dixon because of Robinson. Settle down.
Originally posted by baybreaker707:
I think it's Hill's job to lose. The 9ers know he has talent and if they release him later rather than now, he will get swooped up rather quickly. If you watched the first preseason game he had more impact on special teams coverage than Ziggy did. Ziggy with his small frame was getting manhandled and never made a tackle or even get close to making one. Think about it, I'm sure a bunch of teams have their eye's on Hill and probably won't even blink if Ziggy gets released.

He's been on the practice squad for 2.5 years (that makes 40 games if I remember 3rd grade math) and no one has blinked yet.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

As for future years.

Well worth the savings then. Thanks AB.... oh and your late!!! All the ladies where asking for you. Well, not ladies but some of the guys.

I dont know whether to be flattered or creeped out, lol.
Originally posted by danimal:

Wow, they are dropping like flies around here.
Share 49ersWebzone