There are 267 users in the forums

Oline Concerns

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I am a bit concerned with our Oline and their continuity, or lack there of. We will feature 3 new starters at key positions across the line. Two of which are rookies and then Baas who hasnt played at center since 2006. I dont see us playing very well to start the season off. I invision alot of penalties and missed blocking assingments with defenses applying a lot of pressure to our unproven and younger group. Not just that but Chilo still hasnt shown he can be a consistent asset to the line either. Then you have Joe Stayley coming off of an injury. Not a real big deal but it isnt the optimal situation for him either. He will probably pick up right where he left off but who knows for sure. Its a small ? IMO.

The future looks very bright for this group, but is it to early to raise our expectations?

[ Edited by Dominate on Aug 13, 2010 at 12:02:19 ]
FAK THIS THREAD WE LOST COFFEE
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dominate:
I am a bit concerned with our Oline and their continuity, or lack there of. We will feature 3 new starters at key positions across the line. Two of which are rookies and then Baas who hasnt played at center since 2006. I dont see us playing very well to start the season off. I invision alot of penalties and missed blocking assingments with defenses applying a lot of pressure to our unproven and younger group. Not just that but Chilo still hasnt shown he can be a consistent asset to the line either. Then you have Joe Stayley coming off of an injury. Not a real big deal but it isnt the optimal situation for him either. He will probably pick up right where he left off but who knows for sure. Its a small ? IMO.

The future looks very bright for this group, but is it to early to raise our expectations?

Originally posted by Dajanksta:
FAK THIS THREAD WE LOST COFFEE

Thats actually a another ding to our Oline. Coffee at least knew the blocking assignments if Gore was injured. Now we have to use Mrob who isnt a real running threat. He basically gives the play away as a pass if he is in the backfield. Or we use the rookie Dixon who can run the ball, but will undoubtedly struggle in blitz pick ups. And then when the sack is given up, it will fall on the oline.
Thoughts?
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dominate:
Thoughts?

I think the SEARCH function yields incredible results.
Share 49ersWebzone