LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 212 users in the forums

Reports of Alex looking average in practice.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
One f**king day of bad practice and everyone panics. Jeez. This is really starting to get ridiculous.

The season is pretty dependent on Alex. Those thoughts of playoffs and winning the division ride on him.

Wait one minute.... Average, you say... Hmm, this is an improvement for Alex, isnt it? I mean, he's been below average for his entire career.

Go Niners

I think we need him to be above average.
One f**king day of bad practice and everyone panics. Jeez. This is really starting to get ridiculous.

The season is pretty dependent on Alex. Those thoughts of playoffs and winning the division ride on him.

Wait one minute.... Average, you say... Hmm, this is an improvement for Alex, isnt it? I mean, he's been below average for his entire career.

Go Niners

Still, give the kid some credit; average is an improvement. I do agree though, we do need him to play better than average.

Go Niners

I know no one would trade for Alex, the player....but what kind of draft pick do yall think we can get for his potential.....and maybe throw in his upside as well? group package...

jk, fellas...

Go Niners

Still, give the kid some credit; average is an improvement. I do agree though, we do need him to play better than average.

That is if we want to have the season that I think a lot of people are hoping for.

Go Niners

Was Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson above average when they won the superbowl? I honestly don't remember them being "dynamic" by any stretch of imagination.
Reports of alex looking average???? hmmmm.... he IS an average qb, until proven other wise. Some of you think he's a below average qb, so this should is upgrade!
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Go Niners

Was Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson above average when they won the superbowl? I honestly don't remember them being "dynamic" by any stretch of imagination.

What kind of D did dilfer have? Are you saying that our D is going to be that good?

Go Niners

They had powerhouse defenses and brick wall offense lines.
Originally posted by TitsMcgee:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
News flash: ALL QBs, regardless of how good/bad they are...will have good days, bad days, and "so so" days.

Relax.

Except the ACP doesn't really comment on the good days.

When Smith has a good day in TC, the nay-sayers will just say "It's TC, who cares wait for the season."

But when he has a bad day, it's time to sh!t our pants and make a huge thread about it.

Something smells like a double standard to me.

Welcome to the Zone man, you will soon figure out the regulars of that certain cadre. Don't get sucked into the nonsense, some are just fishing for an argument for the sake of an argument.

The ACP still hasn't commented on the reported good days Smith has. Just the bad ones.

Like I said, it's a double standard. Comical, really.

I believe a poster in another thread linked an article to a bad practice by Manning. So really, this notion of "He needs to play lights out every practice" is hogwash at best.
Oh my god Alex is terrible. We won't win an entire game all season. The front office is a bunch of loosers for not prying Manning away from the Colts. Sh*t, Sh*t, Sh*t the seasson is already over. I can't just stand it. We wait all year and all we can hope for is an 0-16 season. I'm sooo depressed.

Go Niners

What kind of D did dilfer have? Are you saying that our D is going to be that good?

Actually... Yes. I think our defense can be just that good. But only time will tell. I think we have a top5 defense in the league right now, and with a full season to gel, they could be very stout come playoff time.

Go Niners

Actually... Yes. I think our defense can be just that good. But only time will tell. I think we have a top5 defense in the league right now, and with a full season to gel, they could be very stout come playoff time.

Dilfer's Defense wasn't just top 5 in that league. It was possibly top 5 EVER. Big difference.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CheapThrill:
Oh my god Alex is terrible. We won't win an entire game all season. The front office is a bunch of loosers for not prying Manning away from the Colts. Sh*t, Sh*t, Sh*t the seasson is already over. I can't just stand it. We wait all year and all we can hope for is an 0-16 season. I'm sooo depressed.

Share 49ersWebzone