LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 222 users in the forums

David Bass hurt on first day of practice

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Sounds like a stroke of good luck to me. We didn't draft Iupati to take a year of blackboard study. Get em in there and put Justin Smith in front of em. We'll learn em

[ Edited by NatralBrnThrila on Aug 3, 2010 at 19:25:19 ]
Dings like concussions happen any time with the right situation and I don't hate players for what they don't control. I like David Baas and thought he did a good job with the circumstances as they were. Saw an interview with Alex Boone and he is exclusively playing left tackle. For a guy viewed last year as a practice squadder to being viewed as a left tackle backup is pretty impressive especially since left tackles supposedly are supposed to be the more demanding of talent and skills. I am glad for him and hope he has a great career. If he is viewed as a prospect, the niners seem well stocked with talent. DeLapuente seems to be a guy not to discount either.
He won't be the starter anyway.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by 5280High:
Wow it already happened, unless Iupati is making mental lapses that shows he is not taking his classroom time seriously, Baas is now where he should be as a quality backup.

quality backup

Baas could still be of some use to us as a backup to Heitmann with his experience at center.

Experience at center? You mean 6 years ago when he played half his senior college season at center? That is not very applicable experience. Wragge is a better center.
Originally posted by cgida:
Why is it he can play 16 regular season games but in TC he gets hurt the first day?

Dude it's a CONCUSSION, you don't F@ck with those.

Now for my funny...

Maybe he uses the injuries as a Pass on Camp?

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Dr_Gonzo:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by 5280High:
Wow it already happened, unless Iupati is making mental lapses that shows he is not taking his classroom time seriously, Baas is now where he should be as a quality backup.

quality backup

Baas could still be of some use to us as a backup to Heitmann with his experience at center.

Experience at center? You mean 6 years ago when he played half his senior college season at center? That is not very applicable experience. Wragge is a better center.

Baas has some time @ Center with this team. More time than Wragge, I believe.

And btw whose fault is it that the guy they drafted for the position rarely plays that position. Oh wait nevermind, both those lumps are gone now and replaced by Solari.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by fly15:
Hope Lupati can start

It's Iupati, with an "i" as in the name Isaac.

I thought it was U-Poty. I personally say it with an "I".

No.

It's I-U-Potty

I believe that is the way you say it. I think fly15 originally was saying that it's spelled with an I not a L. We went into the pronounciation of the name which was kind of funny.

I(E sound)-U-potty

~Ceadder
Share 49ersWebzone