LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 230 users in the forums

Alex Smith On Scott Van Pelt Show in 10 minutes!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Summary: What he SAID...

Alex Smith:

-I've been given the keys to the car, this is my time, my team, I've earned this, now I gotta get it done.

-This is the best year for me (in my career) so far, I have the entire first reps in camp all to myself, I feel good, Crabtree is my home-boy.

-Frank Gore and Vernon need more respect.

-Now it's time to get it done, get better everyday, and take advantage of the skill players we have.

-I'm glad to be here, be a 49er, and stick with the team up to this point.

He said a lot of what we'd expect, but he was exuding a LOT of confidence during the interview. There wasn't your typical "Alex Smith" moment (like in his previous interviews) where he paused for 3 seconds and went: "uhhhhh"; dude never missed a beat!

SUMMARY: What he MEANT...

Alex Smith:

-I SUCK

-I've ALWAYS sucked

-I can't believe they gave me another year

-I will be burned if effigy when 49er playoff hopes go up in smoke after Game 5

-It really doesn't matter cause I'll still get paid
  • PaulW
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Originally posted by PaulW:
Summary:

Alex Smith:

-This is the best year for me (in my career) so far, I have the entire first reps in camp all to myself, I feel good, Crabtree is my home-boy.

He didn't say any of this by the way.

When asked if this was the most comfortable he's felt at the QB position he said absolutely, nothing about the best year or getting all the reps.

When asked if Gore and Vernon get enough respect around the league he said he thinks Gore has a lot of respect around the league and Vernon earned the respect last year.

Never mentioned anything about sticking with the team or being glad to be a 49er.

My thing is if he mentioned the part where it was said it's his team, and the analogy of the keys and driving the car. if he said it's my team, then that should be enough for anyone.

Now did he say that part at least?

He said when he was a rookie he was given the keys to the car but now he feels like he's earned it. He also said he felt like it was his team.
Just because you've never been warned doesn't mean you've ever been liked
Originally posted by PaulW:
Summary:

Alex Smith:

He didn't say any of this by the way.

When asked if this was the most comfortable he's felt at the QB position he said absolutely, nothing about the best year or getting all the reps.

When asked if Gore and Vernon get enough respect around the league he said he thinks Gore has a lot of respect around the league and Vernon earned the respect last year.

Never mentioned anything about sticking with the team or being glad to be a 49er.

Although he didn't use some of those exact words (like home-boy) I was simply just paraphrasing/emphasizing his tone (and it pretty much sums it up well).
The interview has been posted at espn.com

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/show?showId=scottvanpelt2009
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:

THANK YOU
Originally posted by Nes49:

THANK YOU

Originally posted by billbird2111:

Alex Smith:

-I've been given the keys to the car, this is my time, my team, I've earned this, now I gotta get it done.

-Now it's time to get it done, get better everyday, and take advantage of the skill players we have.

He said a lot of what we'd expect, but he was exuding a LOT of confidence during the interview. There wasn't your typical "Alex Smith" moment (like in his previous interviews) where he paused for 3 seconds and went: "uhhhhh"; dude never missed a beat!

Alex Smith:

-I SUCK

-I've ALWAYS sucked

Man it must suck to be you...

Alex Smith:

Alex Smith:

-I SUCK

-I've ALWAYS sucked

im sorry but do u acually think ur funny or are you looking for attention?

Alex Smith:

Alex Smith:

-I SUCK

-I've ALWAYS sucked

How original and clever! Bill, the Shaun Hill Experience is in Detroit if you wanna go ride on that rainbow buddy.

Alex Smith:

Alex Smith:

-I SUCK

-I've ALWAYS sucked

you must have been a fan of ol' noodle arm
Great stuff to hear!
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

Alex Smith:

Alex Smith:

-I SUCK

-I've ALWAYS sucked

you must have been a fan of ol' noodle arm

U mean billbird2111 Yeah he was. Don't mind billbird2111.....
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
"anything short of playoffs = fail"

really didnt say much

said that vernon, gore, crabtree are going to do well and will make the most of camp

Cool that sounds good. I'm out guys I'm going to go jack off before work kbyethanks

Be sure to use the buddy system.
Originally posted by Nes49:

THANK YOU
Share 49ersWebzone