LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

Alex Smith On Scott Van Pelt Show in 10 minutes!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Everybody tune into it on your local ESPN Radio provider, or watch it live on ESPN2 in 10 mins!

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Aug 2, 2010 at 12:21:58 ]
on now
"sometimes when your young they give you the keys to the car and you havent earned it. I feel like this is my team now, I've earned this"
Sounded like the man
Is that what he said? lol damn nice one Alex. What else is being said?
"anything short of playoffs = fail"

really didnt say much

said that vernon, gore, crabtree are going to do well and will make the most of camp
Originally posted by ads_2006:

really didnt say much

said that vernon, gore, crabtree are going to do well and will make the most of camp

Cool that sounds good. I'm out guys I'm going to go jack off before work kbyethanks
no more talk....I wanna see Alex rape the Seaf*gs Week 1!!!

[ Edited by AJ_Larrea954 on Aug 2, 2010 at 12:39:02 ]
Summary:

Alex Smith:

-I've been given the keys to the car, this is my time, my team, I've earned this, now I gotta get it done.

-This is the best year for me (in my career) so far, I have the entire first reps in camp all to myself, I feel good, Crabtree is my home-boy.

-Frank Gore and Vernon need more respect.

-Now it's time to get it done, get better everyday, and take advantage of the skill players we have.

-I'm glad to be here, be a 49er, and stick with the team up to this point.

He said a lot of what we'd expect, but he was exuding a LOT of confidence during the interview. There wasn't your typical "Alex Smith" moment (like in his previous interviews) where he paused for 3 seconds and went: "uhhhhh"; dude never missed a beat!
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by ads_2006:

really didnt say much

Cool that sounds good. I'm out guys I'm going to go jack off before work kbyethanks

Hey, I'm doin the same thing right now.

• Nes49
  • Veteran
I can't get it.
  • PaulW
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Summary:

Alex Smith:

-This is the best year for me (in my career) so far, I have the entire first reps in camp all to myself, I feel good, Crabtree is my home-boy.

He didn't say any of this by the way.

When asked if this was the most comfortable he's felt at the QB position he said absolutely, nothing about the best year or getting all the reps.

When asked if Gore and Vernon get enough respect around the league he said he thinks Gore has a lot of respect around the league and Vernon earned the respect last year.

Never mentioned anything about sticking with the team or being glad to be a 49er.

[ Edited by PaulW on Aug 2, 2010 at 13:26:39 ]
Summary:

Alex Smith:

-I've been given the keys to the car, this is my time, my team, I've earned this, now I gotta get it done.

-Now it's time to get it done, get better everyday, and take advantage of the skill players we have.

He said a lot of what we'd expect, but he was exuding a LOT of confidence during the interview. There wasn't your typical "Alex Smith" moment (like in his previous interviews) where he paused for 3 seconds and went: "uhhhhh"; dude never missed a beat!

Were those his words? If so, I am impressed. I've never heard that sort of talk from AS before.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Learn from the experience and capture the moment.
Originally posted by PaulW:
Summary:

Alex Smith:

He didn't say any of this by the way.

When asked if this was the most comfortable he's felt at the QB position he said absolutely, nothing about the best year or getting all the reps.

When asked if Gore and Vernon get enough respect around the league he said he thinks Gore has a lot of respect around the league and Vernon earned the respect last year.

Never mentioned anything about sticking with the team or being glad to be a 49er.

My thing is if he mentioned the part where it was said it's his team, and the analogy of the keys and driving the car. if he said it's my team, then that should be enough for anyone.

Now did he say that part at least?
Share 49ersWebzone