LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 217 users in the forums

San Francisco 31, Dallas 7 - Halftime

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by BobS:
Boy, I sure would like to forget about Derek Loville, that guy was terrible. Grbac to me was a mystery, I was shocked when they let him go to KC, but they made the right call, as he never amounted to anything.

Grbac had a couple of nice years at KC. He actually made the Pro Bowl in 2000. After the Ravens won the Super Bowl that season they let Dilfer walk and brought in Grbac as a high-profile free agent. He fizzled that year and his career was over.

Your right about Derek Lovelle. He was terrible. They also had the equally ineffective Terry Kirby. Also, Dexter Carter. Ugh! It was a big blow to the offense when the Niners lost Watters. Of course, things improved tremendously when Hearst was brought in.

I liked Kirby..who used to break defense's ankles

He had a couple nice half-back passes.
Originally posted by susweel:
I loved that game. Everybody thought we going to get our asses kicked because everybody was hurt.

I also sure do miss those days, also miss Summarall and Madden calling the games.

Ya, no S**T!! Now we got Bryant Gumbell and Joe Buck.... Joe Buck I'm having flashbacks of Monkeys
Originally posted by defenderDX:
k

Get outta here, hippie!
Originally posted by zillabeast:
k

Man, you damn youguns have no appreciation for how bad we hated thier asses.

I 2nd that emotion. That's why I've always said, I hate Raider fans more than I hate the Raiders. But Dallas?? ... DALLAS?? I'm having a little apprehension with the talk of the Warriors moving back to the City cuz in my part of town, ANYTHING Blue and/or Silver is BLASPHEMY.
Originally posted by Slash49:

Damn Rice is fast, lol!!!

If you do the math: 81 yards=243 ft + apprx 15 feet(didn't run in a straight line)= 258 ft.
Elapsed time is 10 seconds. Converting that to MPH you get an average of 17.6 MPH. That includes a stutter step off the LOS and an initial speed equal to zero.

Fast, Indeed.

[ Edited by cooljon16 on Aug 2, 2010 at 13:26:17 ]
bump, can somebody acknowledge my math skillz? It would make me feel better!
SORRY Professor! Did you factor in Air Density, Humidity and Elevation too?
  • Veteran
one of my favorite games of all time
remember this game too, i didnt have nfl sunday ticket back then and the early game in my area ran late and i missed half of the 1st quarter, i just remember watching the final few minutes of a game i didnt care about and every couple min they would send it back to the studio to show the rice td, the hanks td and well very happy i was equally pissed to miss the plays
Originally posted by MrRedDogSF:
k

I 2nd that emotion. That's why I've always said, I hate Raider fans more than I hate the Raiders. But Dallas?? ... DALLAS?? I'm having a little apprehension with the talk of the Warriors moving back to the City cuz in my part of town, ANYTHING Blue and/or Silver is BLASPHEMY.

Next to the Superbowl wins, this was my favorite game ever. I had just moved to the Dallas area a few months earlier and was crap non-stop from the Cowboy fans. They couldn't even look me in the eye the next day.
k

Sorry, that win is great and all, but I'm more concerned about the here and now.
SORRY Professor! Did you factor in Air Density, Humidity and Elevation too?

Thank you! lol That would only come in to play if i was interested in forces and work exerted. Not enough info to even get started there ;)
k

You think I'M a "raider" fan!? man gtfo!! You trippin!!!!!
Funny when we got Loville(sp?) I got his autograph on a 49er 50 year anniversary book.
Share 49ersWebzone