There are 122 users in the forums

Niner Games via Laptop to TV?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hi there fellas,

Trying to save a few bucks this season by opting out from NFL Sunday Ticket. I've never watched games on my laptop but I've heard that there's a few web sites out there that airs the games.

So my question is this...Anyone here watched games online (via laptop) and projected it on a flat screen tv? A friend of mine said that this can be done by getting 2 cables: DVI Adaptor and HDMI to DVI - which will allow you to use your flat screen tv as the projector (total of $60).

Here are follow up questions:

• what's the quality like? (i.e. pic quality, delays, crashing, etc.)
• as a mac user, what's the web address for the Niner games?
• any concerns I should be aware of re: my tv when this is done?

Any feedback is appreciated.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=104660
Originally posted by NinerGold39:
Hi there fellas,

Trying to save a few bucks this season by opting out from NFL Sunday Ticket. I've never watched games on my laptop but I've heard that there's a few web sites out there that airs the games.

So my question is this...Anyone here watched games online (via laptop) and projected it on a flat screen tv? A friend of mine said that this can be done by getting 2 cables: DVI Adaptor and HDMI to DVI - which will allow you to use your flat screen tv as the projector (total of $60).

Here are follow up questions:

• what's the quality like? (i.e. pic quality, delays, crashing, etc.)
• as a mac user, what's the web address for the Niner games?
• any concerns I should be aware of re: my tv when this is done?

Any feedback is appreciated.
QUality varies from week to week, depending on who is streaming it. There were a few nice awesome hd feeds last year.. but not every week.

And for the most part there isn't just one address, (for me at least) every week i was searching for a new source. There is a thread on here, on game day that usually has a link or two, to the game.

[ Edited by unst4bl3 on Jun 23, 2010 at 08:49:35 ]
Don't expect great quality out of your laptop on your TV. But it's better than nothing. Also, don't spend all that money on cables. You can get them dirt cheap at www.monoprice.com

I caught every non-televised niner game online last season.
The site I used last year to watch the niners was http://live247.tv/vai/.

I did the 3 months package for 28 bucks. A lot of ppl on here watch it for free but from week to week you didn't know what quality you were going to get. Overall I had good quality from that site.

You can subscribe for a month for 4 bucks and watch a few shows to see if you like the quality or experiement with hooking it up to your TV.
Originally posted by derek_allen_02:
The site I used last year to watch the niners was http://live247.tv/vai/.

I did the 3 months package for 28 bucks. A lot of ppl on here watch it for free but from week to week you didn't know what quality you were going to get. Overall I had good quality from that site.

You can subscribe for a month for 4 bucks and watch a few shows to see if you like the quality or experiement with hooking it up to your TV.

Thanks for this. I'll have to check it out next season. BOOKMARKED!

Do they show every game, week in week out?

[ Edited by SybErkRimInAL on Jun 24, 2010 at 06:45:30 ]
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by derek_allen_02:
The site I used last year to watch the niners was http://live247.tv/vai/.

I did the 3 months package for 28 bucks. A lot of ppl on here watch it for free but from week to week you didn't know what quality you were going to get. Overall I had good quality from that site.

You can subscribe for a month for 4 bucks and watch a few shows to see if you like the quality or experiement with hooking it up to your TV.

Thanks for this. I'll have to check it out next season. BOOKMARKED!

Do they show every game, week in week out?

Yes. I watched every game that wasn't on national TV.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Don't expect great quality out of your laptop on your TV. But it's better than nothing. Also, don't spend all that money on cables. You can get them dirt cheap at www.monoprice.com

I caught every non-televised niner game online last season.

monoprice kicks ass. great cables. top quality, fair prices. GO NINERS!!!!!
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 18,851
Originally posted by Toronto49er:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Don't expect great quality out of your laptop on your TV. But it's better than nothing. Also, don't spend all that money on cables. You can get them dirt cheap at www.monoprice.com

I caught every non-televised niner game online last season.

monoprice kicks ass. great cables. top quality, fair prices. GO NINERS!!!!!

I'll piggy back this old thread.


Is it possible to hook up a laptop to a hotel TV? I know how to my home TV which im sure is the same as a hotel. I guess my question is, does hotels have upgraded tvs to allow such a thing? or will access be restricted one way or another?
I've stayed at quite a few hotels that have TV's that allow you to connect a laptop. Most of the newer flat panel TV's have VGA inputs, and thats all you really need. Maybe some speakers would be nice too

Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Toronto49er:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Don't expect great quality out of your laptop on your TV. But it's better than nothing. Also, don't spend all that money on cables. You can get them dirt cheap at www.monoprice.com

I caught every non-televised niner game online last season.

monoprice kicks ass. great cables. top quality, fair prices. GO NINERS!!!!!

I'll piggy back this old thread.


Is it possible to hook up a laptop to a hotel TV? I know how to my home TV which im sure is the same as a hotel. I guess my question is, does hotels have upgraded tvs to allow such a thing? or will access be restricted one way or another?

Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Toronto49er:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Don't expect great quality out of your laptop on your TV. But it's better than nothing. Also, don't spend all that money on cables. You can get them dirt cheap at www.monoprice.com

I caught every non-televised niner game online last season.

monoprice kicks ass. great cables. top quality, fair prices. GO NINERS!!!!!

I'll piggy back this old thread.


Is it possible to hook up a laptop to a hotel TV? I know how to my home TV which im sure is the same as a hotel. I guess my question is, does hotels have upgraded tvs to allow such a thing? or will access be restricted one way or another?

I've done this several times, it wasn't always possible as some hotels seem to lock down their TVs to prevent you from using all the inputs. But the majority of the time, it was pretty easy.
you can but a HDMI Cable for connect a laptop to a screen tv . Monoprice is usually very reliable . I bought a HDMI cable for connect my xp-pen artist 22e pro pen tablet monitor to my laptop . it works well .
Get these two apps/subscriptions:

ExpressVPN - allows you to get a Canadian VPN and English commentary (US Networks)

DAZN: with a Canadian VPN, you get NFL Gamepass

Both subscriptions together cost me $30 a month last year

Connect your laptop to TV via video cable (or have a smartTV)
Type Reddit NFL streams into google.

There's always at least one link on there that's pretty good.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Type Reddit NFL streams into google.

There's always at least one link on there that's pretty good.

This. And it's free.
Share 49erswebzone