Is Anthony Davis a BUST?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is Anthony Davis a BUST?

• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Originally posted by highway49:
FYI....Just because he's on this list doesn't make it true, still it doesn't sound good.
Hope this light's a fire under him.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/589/the-25-least-valuable-players-in-the-nfl

Kind of ridiculous to put a kid who's played only one season on a list like that when said rookie season was under the likes of Jimmy Raye and Mike Johnson offenses.

Now, if he hasn't improved in a couple of seasons (i.e. Kentwaan Balmer), fine.

It's pretty absurd he's on this list. He was a rookie.

Seriously. You can't really call someone a bust after one year.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Looked really good toward the end of the season. Looking forward to see what he can do this season.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Looked really good toward the end of the season. Looking forward to see what he can do this season.

I'm optimistic about him too, but really good might be a stretch. I'm hoping they cut Rachal and go with Snyder at RG to provide some stability for Davis. He should be able to progress this year and be an above average RT starter. Maybe in a few years he can crack the Pro Bowl.
Originally posted by Janitor:
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Originally posted by highway49:
FYI....Just because he's on this list doesn't make it true, still it doesn't sound good.
Hope this light's a fire under him.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/589/the-25-least-valuable-players-in-the-nfl

Kind of ridiculous to put a kid who's played only one season on a list like that when said rookie season was under the likes of Jimmy Raye and Mike Johnson offenses.

Now, if he hasn't improved in a couple of seasons (i.e. Kentwaan Balmer), fine.

It's pretty absurd he's on this list. He was a rookie.

Seriously. You can't really call someone a bust after one year.

This, this, and this. It usually takes experienced linemen a while to adjust to a new side, and he did it as a rookie. He's got the tools, and he's in better shape than this time last year, so lets see what he does this year, which is just his second year.
This thread was started June of 2010...are you guys serious?
Originally posted by genus49:

More like serial...
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
AnthonyDavis76: I get to punch and knee stuff today..

At MMA session, I get to punch stuff today...
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Seriously, what took so long.....

I'm definitely concerned about Davis. This kid had about as bad a rookie season as possible at RT. We moved up to get this guy. Not expecting a Jake Long or Joe Thomas, but he is nowhere near there caliber. I sincerely hope this kid pans out so the 49ers don't have to waste anymore early picks on the line. All we can hope for at this point is he has an amazing season this year and removes any doubts of being a bust.
Originally posted by hateroids84:
I'm definitely concerned about Davis. This kid had about as bad a rookie season as possible at RT. We moved up to get this guy. Not expecting a Jake Long or Joe Thomas, but he is nowhere near there caliber. I sincerely hope this kid pans out so the 49ers don't have to waste anymore early picks on the line. All we can hope for at this point is he has an amazing season this year and removes any doubts of being a bust.

I think Anthony Davis will do just fine. He actually played well with Adam Snyder at RG next to him. I hope we either start Adam Snyder or find a veteran OG to sign in free agency.
[ Edited by PTulini on Jul 18, 2011 at 10:15 PM ]
Davis was hot and cold. BUSTs are not hot and cold. They are luke warm and cold. He completely shut down Clay Matthews!
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Davis was hot and cold. BUSTs are not hot and cold. They are luke warm and cold. He completely shut down Clay Matthews!

I hope we replace chilo. f**king pancake city my ass. The only pancakes going on there are the ones he eats and when he steps on the field and does his kwame impersonations.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by hateroids84:

I think Anthony Davis will do just fine. He actually played well with Adam Snyder at RG next to him. I hope we either start Adam Snyder or find a veteran OG to sign in free agency.

Wish we had kept Justin Smiley
Share 49ersWebzone