There are 160 users in the forums

Is Anthony Davis a BUST?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is Anthony Davis a BUST?

Originally posted by abowers1984:
Originally posted by Hopper:
AD is probably the Top tackle in this draft if he stays at Rutgers.

Nope - Tyron Smith will be a pro bowl tackle... and soon. Much better prospect than Davis. Guarantee he is first tackle off the board - potential top 10 pick.

Really davis selected were he was, you dont think he would have only gone up on the draft boards if he stayed. I don't see tyron going until dallas. Your saying if a 20 year old lt who would have stayed another year at lt being 21 when drafted, rather then being drafted and having to learn how to play rt. That it tyron smith is better... First isn't he the right tackle if he's so good why isn't he on the blind side. Also he's like 40 pounds lighter then davis.... Davis has some great feet only problem i have with him is he gets high needs to learn to bend better hopefully with jim it's corrected. Tyron seems to be overpowered, aka Cal vs USC and Jordan owing him and the gaurd all game!
He's is going to be a stud...or close to it mark my work. Now lock this b***h up.
Originally posted by jones49:
He's is going to be a stud...or close to it mark my work. Now lock this b***h up.

Based on what? Wishful thinking? He was the worst O Linemen on the team last year. Worse than even Chilo.

Just wondering what you are basing his future greatness on?...
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Based on what? Wishful thinking? He was the worst O Linemen on the team last year. Worse than even Chilo.

Based on what he did the second half of last year and his age. If you watched all the games, you saw the big difference between his second half performance compared to his awful first half of the season. His penalties were still somewhat of an issue but he was maning up at the point of attack. Just look at what he did to Clay Matthews...shut his ass out.

Based on what he did the second half of last year and his age. If you watched all the games, you saw the big difference between his second half performance compared to his awful first half of the season. His penalties were still somewhat of an issue but he was maning up at the point of attack. Just look at what he did to Clay Matthews...shut his ass out.

He sucked all year long and got owned in every game. Maybe he will be better as a Sophmore. But you guys are overly romanticizing a guy who you like and want real bad to work out. There was no evidence in 2010 that he was a good player. He was a false start, holding or gettting beat to the QB waiting to happen. Looked like a fish out of water.

Maybe he will be better in 2011. I hope so.

He sucked all year long and got owned in every game. Maybe he will be better as a Sophmore. But you guys are overly romanticizing a guy who you like and want real bad to work out. There was no evidence in 2010 that he was a good player. He was a false start, holding or gettting beat to the QB waiting to happen. Looked like a fish out of water.

Every game dude? You are overly romanticizing the fact that he is bad. He stonewalled the best defensive player in the league all game in their house. Sure he made mistakes.

Does it help he's got a horrible player to his left? When Snyder was in, Davis played much better. I would be worse if I knew the guy next to me was a revolving door with no veteran leadership/tips/help in-game.

One year, man. It was ONE year. With a god awful coaching staff. It's just funny to me that you're SO on the anti-Davis bandwagon. Give him a f**king chance.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

Every game dude? You are overly romanticizing the fact that he is bad. He stonewalled the best defensive player in the league all game in their house. Sure he made mistakes.

Does it help he's got a horrible player to his left? When Snyder was in, Davis played much better. I would be worse if I knew the guy next to me was a revolving door with no veteran leadership/tips/help in-game.

One year, man. It was ONE year. With a god awful coaching staff. It's just funny to me that you're SO on the anti-Davis bandwagon. Give him a f**king chance.

I hope he's better in 2011. We will see.

I hope he's better in 2011. We will see.

I think with a solid RG he will be. Or coaching. And definitely experience.

Don't sweat it. SD is always finding ways to 49er players. He's not stupid, so he knows that Davis is a 20-year-old rookie - and that all rookies make mistakes, have false starts, get beat... all rookies. He is smart enough to know that those rookie mistakes do not make a player a BUST. Therefore, he must be inciting just to get you upset... rather childish, don't you think?

He is no 49er fan. He is an agent provocateur.
FYI....Just because he's on this list doesn't make it true, still it doesn't sound good.
Hope this light's a fire under him.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/589/the-25-least-valuable-players-in-the-nfl

Originally posted by highway49:
FYI....Just because he's on this list doesn't make it true, still it doesn't sound good.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/589/the-25-least-valuable-players-in-the-nfl

Kind of ridiculous to put a kid who's played only one season on a list like that when said rookie season was under the likes of Jimmy Raye and Mike Johnson offenses.

Now, if he hasn't improved in a couple of seasons (i.e. Kentwaan Balmer), fine.
[ Edited by ghostrider on Jul 13, 2011 at 11:42 AM ]
Originally posted by ghostrider:

Kind of ridiculous to put a kid who's played only one season on a list like that when said rookie season was under the likes of Jimmy Raye and Mike Johnson offenses.

crap..don't jinx it by mentioning that dudes name
IMO the niners especially the offensive line is much like a straight flush minus one card. Rachal seemed to be that card and the vastly improved play with Snyder proved it. It was sad that Singletary was a dime short of a nickel brain. This team is sort of getting supersaturated and with top coaching and a few key players could really gel.
yes, he has had 6 years to show something and he has fat hands
Originally posted by ghostrider:

It's pretty absurd he's on this list. He was a rookie.
Share 49ersWebzone